Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Woolfman
Wow great advice... I plan on it .. but whats the harm in asking if someone has had an experience with a certain store. I guess cvs is the only store that is acceptable to be talked about
[cough] charlie victor sierra [cough]

Please do not name that which shall not be named. You'll ruin for all of us.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
[cough] charlie victor sierra [cough]

Please do not name that which shall not be named. You'll ruin for all of us.
If you're worried about people posting the name CVS, you might want to avoid quoting it as well
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
If you're worried about people posting the name CVS, you might want to avoid quoting it as well
oh great! another one. sheesh.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:25 pm

Here's the thing -- there are only so many stores near you that MIGHT carry beans, and knowing about stores that aren't near you isn't going to be very helpful. You can look up a list of potential retailers on the bean website. What, exactly, are you gaining by exchanging locations here? You're basically just just saving yourself the effort of a little reconnaissance at the price of increased exposure, and we've seen from experience what that can lead to. I'm genuinely surprised that CVS has lasted as long as it has, and smaller retailers are going to be a lot less resilient.

Everyone knows how to walk into a store and look for a card rack, people. Nobody actually needs this kind of help -- want to find beans? Go on a bean hunt.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:32 pm

I found a gas station near the beach with every combo of prepaids and reloads available. I swear I thought it was a dream. So i took one of each to the register and the good guys at the counter went thru each one and found that each was cash only. Sadly this is the most common reoccurring story for these prepaids.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by Woolfman
Wow great advice... I plan on it .. but whats the harm in asking if someone has had an experience with a certain store. I guess cvs is the only store that is acceptable to be talked about
That is because charlie victor is going to stop selling them and even then we are discreet talking about them or next thing we know some blog will have some geek in a store holding them up for a picture.
I just go to the dollar store and buy 6 or 8 at a time and hit that limit on the 10k spend fast for my 75k bonus on the gold card what is so hard about that.
Then follow shampoo directions

Last edited by Nottafatslob; Mar 8, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
That is because charlie victor is going to stop selling them and even then we are discreet talking about them or next thing we now so blog will have some geek in a store holding them up for a picture.
I just go to the dollar store and buy 6 or 8 at a time and hit that limit on the 10k spend fast for my 75k bonus on the gold card what is so hard about that.
Then follow shampoo directions
The whole fight club thought train is quite hilarious .. Anyways no luck this morning at flash. They had them and was cash only.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
oh great! another one. sheesh.
CVS CVS CVS

Talking in code doesn't really work when only every other person does it. CVS doesn't need to read a message board to know people are buying millions in Vanilla Reloads, they look at their accounting records.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
CVS CVS CVS
Pioneer Aviation! Pioneer Aviation! Pioneer Aviation!

M*A*S*H
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:34 am

Actually, with the 6% Amex cards sunsetting by May 1, I expect a SIGNIFICANT VR purchasing dropoff from the usual places.

I'll bet the usual places won't even think about any policy changes until after that date, and I also bet that after that date the numbers won't even make them think about changing policy.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
CVS CVS CVS

Talking in code doesn't really work when only every other person does it. CVS doesn't need to read a message board to know people are buying millions in Vanilla Reloads, they look at their accounting records.
+ 1.

Come on, do you think the FTers who read these pages or the bloggers do not know how to decypher Charlie Victor Sierra ?

Give us more credit.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by bobfather
Actually, with the 6% Amex cards sunsetting by May 1, I expect a SIGNIFICANT VR purchasing dropoff from the usual places.

I'll bet the usual places won't even think about any policy changes until after that date, and I also bet that after that date the numbers won't even make them think about changing policy.
There are still quite a few 5x cards that work at drug stores and those are only 1x less good...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by bobfather

It would be interesting to know how much of the VR market is mile and cashback chasers versus average joes that use these products as pseudo-banking. I would assume that the miles and points crowd makes up the minority of the market, or otherwise the clawbacks would be more swift and far reaching...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:40 am

Just curious if someone desperate out there has ever used Walgreen beans and activated it at CVS! I think it would be hilarious if someone tried it and worked!!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by wpast
Just curious if someone desperate out there has ever used Walgreen beans and activated it at CVS! I think it would be hilarious if someone tried it and worked!!
Stealing unactivated cards. That sounds like a great way to replace your manfactured spending with manufacturing license plates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.