Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

The 2015 Shutdown Thread

I thought I'd take a moment to try to get some fun out of the shutdown situation. So I'm starting this thread to see who gets the most shutdowns in 2015. For better or worse, I'm sure I'm not the King. One day . . . one day.

Don't forget, if you aren't getting shutdown, you aren't pushing hard enough!

For 2015, so far:

-Walgreens Balance Financial
-Atira/Coopera (7 of these! so sad - 3 CUs)
-Evolve (my payees are all blocked)
-HR Block Emerald

Past years, accounts I can remember:
Multiple MVDs, like, lots
Chase (cards and deposit accounts)
Suntrust Delta debit
B of A (cards and deposit accounts)
ELFCU + USPSFCU

It's early in the year, but plenty of you out there have more, I'm sure. Show us what you got!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
Are you blacklisted @ Chase & BofA? Any worries about troubles getting business loans / mortgage further down the line ?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Chase, I'm back alive. I think I got killed off in 2013 and I have respawned.

BofA: they don't like the cut of my jib still. But they did spot me a signup bonus before taking my annual fee and telling me to hit the road recently. No complaints.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
I'm taking a break from MS for a month or two but will soon apply for the old amex and push it to the max - will report back in this thread
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:55 pm

I got shut down on Chime after an $800 cash withdrawal. I cried day and night but now I am ok.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:53 pm

The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays
Lawsuit with Incomm (I won, but I'll never touch their products again)

Still alive with citi and amex and suntrust. If these guys shut me down, I'll be flying coach for a loooonnnnngggg time.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by prestonv
Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays

Still alive with citi and amex and suntrust. If these guys shut me down, I'll be flying coach for a loooonnnnngggg time.
What happened with Barclays? What products did you have with them?

Last edited by ILGfly; Mar 19, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:46 pm

What did you do to get B of A shutdown?

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
I thought I'd take a moment to try to get some fun out of the shutdown situation. So I'm starting this thread to see who gets the most shutdowns in 2015. For better or worse, I'm sure I'm not the King. One day . . . one day.

Don't forget, if you aren't getting shutdown, you aren't pushing hard enough!

For 2015, so far:

-Walgreens Balance Financial
-Atira/Coopera (7 of these! so sad - 3 CUs)
-Evolve (my payees are all blocked)
-HR Block Emerald

Past years, accounts I can remember:
Multiple MVDs, like, lots
Chase (cards and deposit accounts)
Suntrust Delta debit
B of A (cards and deposit accounts)
ELFCU + USPSFCU

It's early in the year, but plenty of you out there have more, I'm sure. Show us what you got!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:06 pm

One of my USBuxx got shutdown last week. I called CS and got no answer. Told me to wait for a letter from US bank. Not sure when I can got my 2K back. Just hope the rest of my USBuxx will survive.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FSG378
What did you do to get B of A shutdown?
Well, they never gave me a reason, but just letters (one for me, one for my SO) saying the accounts were closing as of a certain date.

We went in and closed them early.

I had two AS cards; she had one.

I'm sure it had to do with the way I was using the AS cards, but plenty of people were pushing harder than we were. Maybe because I had two?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
Well, they never gave me a reason, but just letters (one for me, one for my SO) saying the accounts were closing as of a certain date.

We went in and closed them early.

I had two AS cards; she had one.

I'm sure it had to do with the way I was using the AS cards, but plenty of people were pushing harder than we were. Maybe because I had two?
how hard could you possibly have been pushing? I cant imagine BofA getting upset over 1x miles on the AS CC.

or are you talking about the AS debit card? if so, still what kinda numbers got you shutdown?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by prestonv
Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays

what happened with incomm, and lawsuit over what product(s)?

if you won, why'd you stay away? personally I'd roll the dice regardless of the hassle I mean #Hu$tle
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
For those of you who have gotten other family members' cards shut down, how have they handled it? I know my wife would have me sleeping on the couch for a while...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
For those of you who have gotten other family members' cards shut down, how have they handled it? I know my wife would have me sleeping on the couch for a while...
It's that age-old question: do they like flying first class? This is the trade-off.

I try very, very hard to do most of this stuff without my wife's involvement. But, every now and then, she's happy to make a phone call to deal with something that's gone wrong in her name. And she likes F.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HouFly
how hard could you possibly have been pushing? I cant imagine BofA getting upset over 1x miles on the AS CC.

or are you talking about the AS debit card? if so, still what kinda numbers got you shutdown?
Debit. And I'm thinking it was the dual-debit.

I never did more than probably $20K in a month - sounds like that was relatively tame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.