Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay-off Amex and Discover bills

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Pay-off Amex and Discover bills

Is there any way to pay off your discover it CC and Amex Platinum/Business Plat CC's with a money order?
There is no Chase bank near me house and with the shutdown of Serve loads i wanted to transfer all my purchases on just one CC (either discover or Amex) and pay off the balance with a money order.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:25 pm

Send the money order to the same address as you would send a check payment. Money orders are functionally prepaid checks (there are some differences, but for the purposes of this topic, they're close enough).
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
And discover treats each money order as a separate funding source so they'll likely put a long hold (i.e. 8 business days) on each payment before freeing up your CL. Not ideal for MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.