Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Subscribe
Quote: Doubt it. Seems like once you trip a certain threshold, they can you. No way of knowing what that is. It seems like they set the traps once a month. I have been loading much bigger numbers, and always get a month in before shutdown... I'm running out of cards
Someone told me they were able to get their family members to order cards for themselves and mail it to them.

Not a bad idea as its not credit related and the worst that could happen is a card they never have a need for will get shut down.

Personally family and money don't mix but since this is not a credit product ....
Quote: Someone told me they were able to get their family members to order cards for themselves and mail it to them.

Not a bad idea as its not credit related and the worst that could happen is a card they never have a need for will get shut down.

Personally family and money don't mix but since this is not a credit product ....
Yup, I have 3 on the way from family and friends. Wonder if you're talking about me

This will really reduce the money order/human interaction burden.
Quote: Yup, I have 3 on the way from family and friends. Wonder if you're talking about me

I would love to ask friends but they all have money issues lol. I am afraid if I use them to order a card and put money in the bank, their creditors will take the money out of the bank for both Gobank and BB. If they open up a checking account from ie chase, citi, etc, creditors will take the money out of the account. It has already happen to them so I dont ask them lol
Quote: Yup, I have 3 on the way from family and friends. Wonder if you're talking about me

I also agree that it's a burden to deal with a bunch of money orders and whatnot. I prefer to use a machine. My kiosk hasn't been working, though.
What is the address?
With bluebird I don't need any "address". What address does Gobank want for BP to the banks?

BofA specifically?

Or are people just "BPing" to themselves/spouses/friends etc...?
Quote: 2.5K a day

"We allow between $20 (minimum) and $1,100 (maximum) per transaction.
The maximum you can deposit in one day is $2,500."
I see lots of posts on people loading $1999 at WM - is that split up into 4 separate transactions? I'd like to lower the total # of transactions and not make it obvious I'm doing $500 at a time. Can I combine multiple gift cards into a single $1100 transaction, and if so do I need to do that at the register or can I do that at the kiosk?
Quote: I see lots of posts on people loading $1999 at WM - is that split up into 4 separate transactions? I'd like to lower the total # of transactions and not make it obvious I'm doing $500 at a time. Can I combine multiple gift cards into a single $1100 transaction, and if so do I need to do that at the register or can I do that at the kiosk?
Kiosk doesn‘t support multiple cards.
At regular register or service center you can ask to split transaction. 3 cards work. 4 - depends on cashier proficiency.
Not many cashiers know how to do split transaction - hence many of us give up and load one card per transaction.

Welcome to FT :-)
Quote: With bluebird I don't need any "address". What address does Gobank want for BP to the banks?

BofA specifically?

Or are people just "BPing" to themselves/spouses/friends etc...?
If you choose the specific BofA product from the list that pops up when you start typing the name, you don't have to have an address. I find that method easier. Otherwise, you have to dig up statements or call and ask.
Quote: Kiosk doesn‘t support multiple cards.
WM kiosk supports multiple cards. I have loaded 3 different $500 cards one after another in kiosks once, I regularly do 2 different cards at kiosk. sometimes it can be a little erratic, but it ultimately works fine
Quote: WM kiosk supports multiple cards. I have loaded 3 different $500 cards one after another in kiosks once, I regularly do 2 different cards at kiosk. sometimes it can be a little erratic, but it ultimately works fine
The original question was whether multiple cards can be used in a single transaction; the kiosk won't allow that. Back to back has generally not been an issue, keeping in mind the $1999 limit.
Quote: The original question was whether multiple cards can be used in a single transaction; the kiosk won't allow that. Back to back has generally not been an issue, keeping in mind the $1999 limit.
Since this is the GB thread: What you can do at the kiosk is buy 4x $500 MO in one transaction for $2,002.80 using your GB card, as a way to drain it. Why do this rather than 4x $499.30 buys using 4 GC's. You decide, but it is way to draw down GB as 'spend'.
Quote: Since this is the GB thread: What you can do at the kiosk is buy 4x $500 MO in one transaction for $2,002.80 using your GB card, as a way to drain it. Why do this rather than 4x $499.30 buys using 4 GC's. You decide, but it is way to draw down GB as 'spend'.
None of the Wmts near me have kiosks that allow money order purchases, unfortunately. I do purchase them at the counter routinely, however, for the reason you mention.
Quote: Since this is the GB thread: What you can do at the kiosk is buy 4x $500 MO in one transaction for $2,002.80 using your GB card, as a way to drain it. Why do this rather than 4x $499.30 buys using 4 GC's. You decide, but it is way to draw down GB as 'spend'.
Why would you unload GC -> GB and then unload GB -> MO? Cut out the GB and you have less steps and less worry from GreenDot.

Personally, I'm doing GC -> MO AND GC -> GB to diversify. Buying and depositing thousands in MO a week seems to add more scrutiny than I care for right now. Also, my kiosks don't do MO so I have to go to money center (more time).
Quote: Why would you unload GC -> GB and then unload GB -> MO? Cut out the GB and you have less steps and less worry from GreenDot.

Personally, I'm doing GC -> MO AND GC -> GB to diversify. Buying and depositing thousands in MO a week seems to add more scrutiny than I care for right now. Also, my kiosks don't do MO so I have to go to money center (more time).
Agreed - but why not open more biz bank accounts and funnel more MO thatw ay. GB has dumped me and I am not sure it works for most. Some have survived the GB story - BRAVO to them, but for the most part GB is the pain and WM is not. Finally, for a few more cents there are MANY other places to buy paper.
First month with GB and all is good - $7100 deposited, $7050 bill pay out. Twelve debit/credit charges (small ~$1-$3 each).
44  84  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  104