Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:01 pm

For those of you that have the PP BDMC I just got this email:

Your PayPal Business Debit MasterCard can earn you extra spending money when you use the card this fall.

Every signature purchase you make between now and November 15, 2014, including business supplies and monthly expenses, gets you one step closer to earning a $50 PayPal account credit. Here's how it works:

• Earn a $30 PayPal account credit for signature purchases totaling $3,000 or more*
• Earn a $50 PayPal account credit for signature purchases totaling $5,000 or more*
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by IWOL
For those of you that have the PP BDMC I just got this email:

Your PayPal Business Debit MasterCard can earn you extra spending money when you use the card this fall.

Every signature purchase you make between now and November 15, 2014, including business supplies and monthly expenses, gets you one step closer to earning a $50 PayPal account credit. Here's how it works:

• Earn a $30 PayPal account credit for signature purchases totaling $3,000 or more*
• Earn a $50 PayPal account credit for signature purchases totaling $5,000 or more*
Is this open to everyone or targeted?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by daedge
Is this open to everyone or targeted?
It's a targeted deal. Others received an offer for 2% cash back through the end of the year. And some received nothing at all.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by dboston1
It's a targeted deal. Others received an offer for 2% cash back through the end of the year. And some received nothing at all.
Two of mine got the through Nov. 15th offer. The other one got nothing. The two that got the Nov. deal are 11 and 8 years old. The other is 1 year old.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:17 pm

Hopefully the $4K resets tomorrow.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by dboston1
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) I'll resist. The info has been posted previously both in this thread and in the Serve thread though
Do you receive the 1% (or 2%, for those targeted) even though loading is a pin transaction and not a signature transaction?

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by esw30
Do you receive the 1% (or 2%, for those targeted) even though loading is a pin transaction and not a signature transaction?

Thanks!
Nope....it clearly states in the T&Cs that it has to be signature transaction. PP gives CB on only signature transactions and its been like this for a long time. This means you can't use it to load BB/Serve at WM, buy MO, WM BP and get 1%(2%) CB.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Nope....it clearly states in the T&Cs that it has to be signature transaction. PP gives CB on only signature transactions and its been like this for a long time. This means you can't use it to load BB/Serve at WM, buy MO, WM BP and get 1%(2%) CB.
Look back a few pages in this thread. While the T&Cs say CB for signature transactions, I and others are getting CB for BB loads and MOs. It will most likely get shut down or nerfed at some point, but for now it's good times.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by PolarPlunge
Look back a few pages in this thread. While the T&Cs say CB for signature transactions, I and others are getting CB for BB loads and MOs. It will most likely get shut down or nerfed at some point, but for now it's good times.
I've never gotten cb for BB loads or MO. My PP account is old but the card is new. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:21 am
Suspended

Ok this might be in a lost/inactivated card thread. I bought two PP cash cards from RA few days back without realizing the activation numbers. Now when I am trying to load one of the cards, it gave me an error message about card not activated at the retail. Upon checking the receipt, the activated numbers are different from what I have on the card itself (the last four digit). I have receipts and everything and I am wondering if anyone has gone thru in resolving this? Would it be better if I contact RA first or should I go straight to PP? I will prolly start with RA first before further escalating it to the credit card company or PP (I know PP is useless when it comes to resolving the issues but here they are not at fault). I am checking to see if anyone has any data point?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by nadir576
Ok this might be in a lost/inactivated card thread. I bought two PP cash cards from RA few days back without realizing the activation numbers. Now when I am trying to load one of the cards, it gave me an error message about card not activated at the retail. Upon checking the receipt, the activated numbers are different from what I have on the card itself (the last four digit). I have receipts and everything and I am wondering if anyone has gone thru in resolving this? Would it be better if I contact RA first or should I go straight to PP? I will prolly start with RA first before further escalating it to the credit card company or PP (I know PP is useless when it comes to resolving the issues but here they are not at fault). I am checking to see if anyone has any data point?
Start with RA. Claim with your CC should be your last resolution.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:27 am

bought ppmc at cvess, I ran into the " alternates payment method" issue. Swiped again and it worked.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by hitman1420
bought ppmc at cvess, I ran into the " alternates payment method" issue. Swiped again and it worked.
You purchased with AGC or OV?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
You purchased with AGC or OV?
Bought 4k PPMC and 1k OVs. used my Ol' blue to do so.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Go to RA. Tell them you want a refund. I've done it twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.