Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep meaning to ask here:

Is it just me somehow, or is that reload site extremely slow to load and operate?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
I got the same message today. I loaded $496.05 two days ago and planned to repeat today. I will try again later. I tried on my phone. Same result. The last time I was out of US was before the birth of Paypal.

Originally Posted by drdrew450
This is the latest error I got on paypal.com/cash. I def have a US account, I think I have left the country twice in my whole life. Site is broken. I just got my month end paypal debit cash back statement, first time I received such an email. So maybe the month is not calendar month?

US account Required

Sorry, the My Cash Card can only be loaded onto US PayPal accounts at this time.

If you only have a PayPal account located outside the United States,
click here to request a refund.

Please note that refunds can only be sent to addresses based in the United States.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS/2MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Data points:
11/2/12: 500 (first evever paypal cash tranasaction)
11/6/12: 500
11:14/12: 500
11/30/12: 500
12/5/12: 500
12/12/12 = 500
12/17/12 = 476.35
12/20/12 = 500
12/21/12 = 500

Now on 1/04/13 available monthly limit is: 1523.65 (which was not available yesterday)
So, haven't done the full analysis, but a quick and dirty says you're right - assuming a rolling 30-day lookback, then as of 1/4 your window would include your 12/5, 12/12, 12/17, 12/20, and 12/21 loads, which total $2476.35, leaving a limit of $1523.65.

Can you give us an update? Your 12/5 load should now be over the horizon, so if you haven't done any new loads, your limit should now be $2023.65.

Is that correct?

Even if that's true, it doesn't explain your comment (on 1/4) that your monthly limit 'was not available yesterday' - can you elaborate? What exactly was your limit on 1/3? $0?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Since this is the "All things Paypal" I'll ask the newbie question here:

the "pay pal my cash" says you need to take cash to a retailer and buy a card.
then load it into Paypal. There's a $3.95 startup fee.

So how does this work in the world of hitting spend limits on a credit card?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea
Since this is the "All things Paypal" I'll ask the newbie question here:

the "pay pal my cash" says you need to take cash to a retailer and buy a card.
then load it into Paypal. There's a $3.95 startup fee.

So how does this work in the world of hitting spend limits on a credit card?

Thanks!
You can buy the cards with a CC.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:26 pm

any particular paypal card to get at CVS with a credit card? Not so familiar with the paypal choices...

Are people saying you can get shut down if you load say $1000 into your paypal account and then just transfer it to my checking account? Or are you safer to send it to your friend? If so, how should you categorize it on the transfer?

TIA
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:39 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by farbster
any particular paypal card to get at CVS with a credit card? Not so familiar with the paypal choices...

Are people saying you can get shut down if you load say $1000 into your paypal account and then just transfer it to my checking account? Or are you safer to send it to your friend? If so, how should you categorize it on the transfer?

TIA
At a minimum, a load and quick withdrawal to yourself would get a warning email (if the account is an established one). A load and quick payment to a third party would seem less problematic ... But I am not fresh on the fee levels.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:31 am

For me definitely a rolling month, I can see the limit increases corresponding for each day since 1/4.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 pm

rolling month

I had 0 available a couple days ago now I have 500, so it must be rolling, they def have some glitches though.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by farbster

TIA
The first time I transferred funds to my spouse I selected the category "Services" and got slapped with a transfer fee. So now I only use "Gift" as a transfer category, which is free. Not sure about how the other categories are handled though.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of Them
funky site, can't make heads or tails of the reload limits. Rolling for my personal account but nothing makes sense on my business account
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:36 am

I've loaded PP with PP cards from CVS before, but I don't really know what to do with them? I've read too many horror stories of accounts being shut down after transferring funds to bank account even >1 month later. I've used PP with Ebay for about a decade now so I have good history, but some of the reports out there by people who've gotten burned are also veterans of PP (assuming they're true). I've thought about transferring funds to someone (like my sister, who has a different last name and home address) with PP, and then having her transfer funds to me via AP. Any reason I'll run into problems with this?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:42 am

paypal debit card

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
I've seen Paypal prepaid cards in grocery stores and those were loaded with fees. I think this card is a little different. Anyway, I tried looking up fees associated with this card but can't find any. Is there anything I should know about it with regard to fees and limits? I see the $400 daily ATM limit and $1.95 service charge, but any fees other than that? Thanks

Also, since it's a debit card, I assume there's no credit check?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've seen Paypal prepaid cards in grocery stores and those were loaded with fees. I think this card is a little different. Anyway, I tried looking up fees associated with this card but can't find any. Is there anything I should know about it with regard to fees and limits? I see the $400 daily ATM limit and $1.95 service charge, but any fees other than that? Thanks

Also, since it's a debit card, I assume there's no credit check?
I think there is no credit check, I use it for a bunch of normal spend, 1% cash back with credit purchases, get 20-100 cash back from register with debit purchases and then I load bb at walmert with the pin or buy a MO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.