Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900
do you load serve, pay with evolve, or withdraw occasionally?
I have never used evolve.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:44 pm

so is there anyone or anything we can do once our account got shutdown to get the money back?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by allen060421
so is there anyone or anything we can do once our account got shutdown to get the money back?
Pray.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by usalibido
It appears Paypal does not like Debit transactions because it "hurts" their bottom line. They consider bank/cash withdrawal, MO, bill pay as the same thing.
So now that I got this compliance email for "withdrawing" (which I only did once in the last 3 months for ~$500) should I close up shop for a while? how long? I just can't tell what they are considering withdrawals. I'd love to say im still safe to load and unload via MO, but I'm wondering if what was said above is true about debit purchases being the same as a cash withdrawal - I still don't see how this is true though.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:02 pm

So now that I got this compliance email for "withdrawing" (which I only did once in the last 3 months for ~$500) should I close up shop for a while? how long? I just can't tell what they are considering withdrawals. I'd love to say im still safe to load and unload via MO, but I'm wondering if what was said above is true about debit purchases being the same as a cash withdrawal - I still don't see how this is true though.
Actually I never did a bank/cash withdrawal. Just unloaded via MO, Serve and regular spending, but still received the welcome message from Paypal. So I don't think the trigger is withdrawal only.

Also about $500 in about 3 months does not look much at all.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:13 pm

Maybe the trigger is full 4K/month for a certain number of months?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
With all this chatter about shutdowns, I have a question. I'm still flying under the radar, but getting concerned.

Has anyone been shutdown who still has a live (loaded) PPMC card that they haven't yet had the chance to load to PP?

What do you do with any unloaded PPMC cards if you're shut down? How do you get your money off that card?

Or does everyone load their PPMC cards the minute after making the purchase?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
With all this chatter about shutdowns, I have a question. I'm still flying under the radar, but getting concerned.

Has anyone been shutdown who still has a live (loaded) PPMC card that they haven't yet had the chance to load to PP?

What do you do with any unloaded PPMC cards if you're shut down? How do you get your money off that card?

I too managed to avoid the PP hammer, for now. I typically buy two cards at a time and load one the same day and the other in the morning. I've been running about 2k/month, have never hit 4k, and unload with MO and bb while mixing in some small misc signature spend. And I only have one account. No wife account, so it's a single account at my address.

I might be able to get away with more, but I'm happy with what I got.

It'd be nice to get some more data points on here. There's got to be a trigger.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:52 pm

I don't take chances and load my PPMCs soon as I get the chance. 4 pp accounts: 2 are senders, 2 are receivers and I have not received a warning at anytime for the last 2 years.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:41 pm

I made 3 debit purchases and 2 or 3 bank transfers among other swipe purchases. No email. I'm not sure there's a pattern tied to debit only.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:43 pm

Buy, load within 5 minutes. Why would you want them sitting around?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Buy, load within 5 minutes. Why would you want them sitting around?
Because the blood sucking churners buy up all of them from the store, so you got to get more of them and load them over the next few days, in case you can't buy anymore tomorrow.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I don't take chances and load my PPMCs soon as I get the chance. 4 pp accounts: 2 are senders, 2 are receivers and I have not received a warning at anytime for the last 2 years.
all with the same ssn? how much do you send at a time? and do you withdraw once received?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:48 pm

I guess I'm just confused. I've been doing this for 6 months with no problem. My wife got the email too and she's never used it to load serve or evolve. Only MO. Maybe its IP based?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:13 pm

Wild ... guess is that BP, MO, and withdrawals are triggering it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.