Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:28 am

All RA issues are local.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by GTFan
All RA issues are local.
I'd go farther even, and say it's cashier dependent. Last time I tried to buy a pre-paid product (GDMP) at RA I was turned down even though the same store (different cashier) sold me one 2 days prior.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by aarif1
I'd go farther even, and say it's cashier dependent. Last time I tried to buy a pre-paid product (GDMP) at RA I was turned down even though the same store (different cashier) sold me one 2 days prior.
Certainly seems to be the case. Went to the RA by my home, same cashier as two days ago, rang me through no problem.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
PayPal My Cash website almost always give you errors, just gotta keep trying
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by salsa2mambo
I had the same last night at mine too. One more door is closed, I guess...
I started having problems at one of my local RAs in Philly buying PPMC with a CC, starting from late Sept. Both times the managers (who were nearby at the time of purchase) would tell me that I can't use CC for PPMC (buying only one US$500 card at a time). Well...one of those times she said "we'll let it go this time).

But I tried last week with another cashier (he's always not smiling but dutifully just rings up whatever purchases) and he sold the US$500 PPMC via my CC purchase without even blinking.

A week or so before, I didn't have any problems at a different RA buying just one PPMC.

So it doesn't seem hard-coded in the registers yet. Individuals may try to stop you by their discretion by policy. I hope this doesn't spread.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Slow but steady PP spender, trying to accelerate

I try to be seen as a good PayPal customer. So far I've only been running 1K/month (2x PPMC @500 each). I buy these at RA.

My cashout method: slow, but legitimate: using the PP business debit card, I buy a few everyday items and then always add a US$40 cashback. I only do this once daily at a RA, and perhaps a CVS, but never at the same store brand in the same day. This means only US$80 cashback daily. At the end of the week, I deposit the gathered cash so I can pay off some of my credit card bill.

I never do cash ATM withdrawals from my PP account. Ever. It's hard for me to get to WM, Target, or chain stores like that so I don't do the PO thing. I have BB but not Serve.

Any suggestions to accelerate my liquidation? I'm sure PayPal sees me as super legitimate (never got a warning e-mail and don't ever want to see one) though my method is just too SLOW. Maybe PayPal --> BB? What is a good method to do this?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Ruhr
Any suggestions to accelerate my liquidation? I'm sure PayPal sees me as super legitimate (never got a warning e-mail and don't ever want to see one) though my method is just too SLOW. Maybe PayPal --> BB? What is a good method to do this?
I assume you're already using the PP card to load to BB as a debit card? I have this card as well, and with the amount of real spending you're doing, I think it's safe to occasionally transfer some to your bank account. I've done numerous transfers to my bank account (always $200-700) mixed in with real spend.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I assume you're already using the PP card to load to BB as a debit card? I have this card as well, and with the amount of real spending you're doing, I think it's safe to occasionally transfer some to your bank account. I've done numerous transfers to my bank account (always $200-700) mixed in with real spend.
Honestly, I forgot about the PP business debit --> BB. I thought there were fees involved though it seems they did away with those fees some time ago. Looks to be 200/day with 1000/month limit. I should try it. Does PayPal get mad if you transfer 1K/month out of the account like that to BB? I don't want any angry e-mails and threats of shutdown!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: UA
Honestly, I forgot about the PP business debit --> BB. I thought there were fees involved though it seems they did away with those fees some time ago. Looks to be 100/day with 1000/month limit. I should try it. Does PayPal get mad if you transfer 1K/month out of the account like that to BB? I don't want any angry e-mails and threats of shutdown!
Personally it's not worth my time to be buying things I can use my CC on anyways to liquidate $40-$60 at a time.

I load $2500/mo, ship $1500 to my softcard serve via PPBDC and then $1000 via money order for rent. Hoping staying under the 4k limit will keep me off the radar, but I'm not optimistic....
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:43 am

Honestly, I forgot about the PP business debit --> BB. I thought there were fees involved though it seems they did away with those fees some time ago. Looks to be 200/day with 1000/month limit. I should try it. Does PayPal get mad if you transfer 1K/month out of the account like that to BB? I don't want any angry e-mails and threats of shutdown!
I've been doing that for over a year, and I've never gotten such an email from PP. I used to mix the BB loads in with real purchases, now all I do is BB loads.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by eb56
Personally it's not worth my time to be buying things I can use my CC on anyways to liquidate $40-$60 at a time.

I load $2500/mo, ship $1500 to my softcard serve via PPBDC and then $1000 via money order for rent. Hoping staying under the 4k limit will keep me off the radar, but I'm not optimistic....
Why would you do that? You're adding pp fees -- you can simply load serve with some cards.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've been doing that for over a year, and I've never gotten such an email from PP. I used to mix the BB loads in with real purchases, now all I do is BB loads.
It's even better when you add "employees" cards with matching BB accounts.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:24 pm

delete - wrong thread...
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by eb56
Interesting, I take it you're from the boston area. My local RA just south sold me one the other day.
it is all depend on the cashier. I usually only go to my local RA at Saturday Morning since the cashier will sell me anything if system allow. A few other cashiers will only sell me one VGC, pp cash each time. Some cashiers will reject me everything ( VGC, PP cash, or mp)
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:10 pm

PayPal generally doesn't like it when you ACH money out of your account. But if you start at your Bluebird account and pull money from your PPBDC, that's just another debit card purchase from PayPal's point of view. They like it when you buy things with your debit card. In fact, they even reward you for doing that with a 1% bonus. The only way I can see that they would object is if the methodical movement of money in and out of PayPal tripped their money-laundering paranoia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.