Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
yeah, but that isn't my question.

MVD doesn't have the same reputation for taking your money hostage like some of the others. the others render your card dead, then refuse to send you your money. sure, MVD, kills your card without notice and makes it impossible to sign in online. but they also just put you in spend down mode and you can, as i did with a relative's card last month that was put in spend down, extract over $8,000 in 2 days with zero problems.

ergo, my question is as stated above.
I would still file FDIC complaint. My card was in spend down mode with little over $8k in it. I filed compliant online and got the check via fedex in aprox 4 business days. I was not feeling good about paying extra $2-4 in CA fees.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:49 am

Mind if I run something by you, for those of you with experience with shutdowns/spend down?

Involves really only loading MVD with VRs, and CAing.

As an outsider looking at utilizing active MVDs for a one-off VR liquidation (yes I still have a source in my area), this whole account shut down thing looks ridiculous. Why does MVD even still exist?

I digress, back to my original q:

I have 3 active MVD accounts, and there are 3 open in both my mother and father's names, that I did before I realized you could liquidate temp cards without registering.

Wiki info seems to contradict data points. The total amount of VR's I'm looking to purchase and then liquidate would be about $24,000 ($10k for Citi Exec AA, $14k more on Chase BA Visa). $5k to my BB, $5k to dad's BB, $5k to Mom's BB.

So there's $9k on MVDs.

Am I seeing $2500 MONTHLY or WEEKLY load limit? PER CARD or PER MVD USER? And the $500 DAILY load limit means loading ONE VR per DAY? (Again, per card or per user?)

Plan is to CA at my bank, assuming I can at this point. Is CA-ing generally safe in spend-down mode?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Mind if I run something by you, for those of you with experience with shutdowns/spend down?

Involves really only loading MVD with VRs, and CAing.

As an outsider looking at utilizing active MVDs for a one-off VR liquidation (yes I still have a source in my area), this whole account shut down thing looks ridiculous. Why does MVD even still exist?

I digress, back to my original q:

I have 3 active MVD accounts, and there are 3 open in both my mother and father's names, that I did before I realized you could liquidate temp cards without registering.

Wiki info seems to contradict data points. The total amount of VR's I'm looking to purchase and then liquidate would be about $24,000 ($10k for Citi Exec AA, $14k more on Chase BA Visa). $5k to my BB, $5k to dad's BB, $5k to Mom's BB.

So there's $9k on MVDs.

Am I seeing $2500 MONTHLY or WEEKLY load limit? PER CARD or PER MVD USER? And the $500 DAILY load limit means loading ONE VR per DAY? (Again, per card or per user?)

Plan is to CA at my bank, assuming I can at this point. Is CA-ing generally safe in spend-down mode?
Why do you need to rush on the Chase BA? First, the annual fee shouldn't be an issue (you have 60 days to cancel after it posts, and it's only like what $95 anyway). Second, you better read up on AA in the Chase thread. Chase does not seem to take to kindly to huge run-ups like you're suggesting. Chase could shut you down now and (potentially) forever. I wouldn't play games with Chase like you're suggesting. If you spread your spending out a few months at least (and I'd still say that could be risky) on Chase, you don't have to deal with anything but BBs.

You can load $2500/day using VRs. Do it close to 12PM Eastern, and you can load 2 days worth on either side to avoid getting shutdown.

There's inconclusive info on the CA limit, whether it's daily/weekly/monthly.

If you have cards in not your name, how are you planning to CA those? The bank will take you card and make you sign paper. I don't think they'll like it if you show up with some in other's name or if it's a no-name card. YMMV. I also would be leery doing more than $10kish/month since it is a CASH advance. Especially if using different debit card numbers. Your bank may consider that suspicious.

If you're going down the Vanilla debit route, I'd suggest doing 3 accounts under your name which I think others have indicated is the supposed limit. Sign up for a free card online, then register it when it comes, then load it.

Again, I think you're too aggressive and risk some type(s) of AA based on your plan. I understand wanting to get the Citi spend done to try to avoid that annual fee, but you should go easier on the Chase IMHO. Even eating a $95/fee on the Chase seems a prudent investment.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 am

Thank you for your response. Didn't quote because I don't want a monster thread

The rush on the Chase card is because I got it in December, and obviously want the avios sooner rather than later with planned travel. But you're right, with 2 Ink cards and the Hyatt card on my AoR radar, not worth risking my relationship with Chase. Suggestions on absolute cap with the BA visa? Just need to get it done by November to be in my comfort zone...

With Citi, rush isn't on the Annual Fee, they gave me short window and wouldn't extend it so I'm already duped into the $250 at least. Just the clock ticking on the 3 months with Citi.

Didn't think about the 6 other MVDs being in my parents names... so $2500 / day / card... what is the max load per month per card, I guess is my last question?

Thank you teammjs
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:12 pm

Anyone else having problem logging in?

Says certificate is revoked?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by mimixbox

Try a different browser like chrome.

http://nigelball.org/2010/01/28/fire...tificate-issue
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Is there any way to use the temp card without registering?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by member7777
Is there any way to use the temp card without registering?
Call them and tell them you want to set a pin because you're giving it as a gift card. It will go from a debit card to one-time use, but it will have a fully functioning PIN. After you drain it, only option is to throw it away, can't reload.

Did this with 8 cards myself...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by mimixbox

Firefox and IE were both giving me that error on Sunday but working fine now. I just used their phone system to check my balances on my last spend down card.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:58 pm

They put me in spend down mode for a long time.

And, it is still in spend down mode.

My question is, will they start to charge me no activity fee?

Thanks.
Eric
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:10 am

Things must be a bit quieter at Incomm since people are buying less VR's. I wonder if anyone there misses us yet.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zenride
Things must be a bit quieter at Incomm since people are buying less VR's. I wonder if anyone there misses us yet.
CV does their GC racks are loaded with VRs
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:35 am

can you still CA a temp card?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by busymike
can you still CA a temp card?
Only way I've been able to past few months is by calling and saying it's a gift card and setting a PIN.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:22 am

load mvd in cvs from VGC?

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/0...omment-1712799

how can you load MVD w/ VGC w/o leaving CVS? I thought MVD needed VRs. Or is this a multi-phase approach. buy VGC. use PIN to buy VR. load MVD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.