Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craz
Might as well get some Qs answered, right?

Fees

Bill Payment Fee- Electronic/Paper Check: No Charge
(anyone know when it goes electronic vs paper?)

Retail Purchase Fee:$3.95 (some report $0 to purchase, YMMV)

Monthly Maintenance Fee:$5.95 per month (charged 7 days after activation, which is date of purchase! and not the date you assign a Pin or Register the card).
Print Wikipost

Paypower Prepaid Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
back when I had easy access to these, I would buy, call the 800# and set a pin, then immediately load Serve @ WM with them

I would buy the $3.95 ones.... and the managers at the S&S really didn't care and knew me

I moved and only have access to safeway now. They are all $0 load fees, but cash only and the safeways are a PIA to get anything worth it to MS
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:06 am

I have had the worst of luck at my grocery store.

Earlier this week, I purchased twelve PayPower GCs; after CC was charged, two activation slips printed: the first six cards were successfully activated; the last six cards said 'non-activated'. I had to go see the manager the next day who told me they hava a $3k transaction limit.

A few days later, I did two $3k transactions following the manager's advice & I encountered the same issue. The first transaction was successfully approved; the second transaction showed 'non-activated'. The cashier tried activating another set of cards & the same issue occurred. I left the store with no active cards & no refund because the manager wasn't around.

Has anyone encountered such issues?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by coltonatx
I have had the worst of luck at my grocery store.

Earlier this week, I purchased twelve PayPower GCs; after CC was charged, two activation slips printed: the first six cards were successfully activated; the last six cards said 'non-activated'. I had to go see the manager the next day who told me they hava a $3k transaction limit.

A few days later, I did two $3k transactions following the manager's advice & I encountered the same issue. The first transaction was successfully approved; the second transaction showed 'non-activated'. The cashier tried activating another set of cards & the same issue occurred. I left the store with no active cards & no refund because the manager wasn't around.

Has anyone encountered such issues?
Were you using the same CC for both purchases? If yes then it seems that places computer checks to make sure you havent gone over the max allowed.It seems if you do then it CXs everything

If it was me Id buy $3k with 1 CC at 1 cashier , then use another cashier and a different CC and see what happens, hopefully at least it wont cx out the 1st $3k. If you only want to use 1 CC, then its pretty obvious that $3k is the max per day,(have no idea if that will be a calendar day or every 24 hrs)
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by craz
Were you using the same CC for both purchases? If yes then it seems that places computer checks to make sure you havent gone over the max allowed.It seems if you do then it CXs everything

If it was me Id buy $3k with 1 CC at 1 cashier , then use another cashier and a different CC and see what happens, hopefully at least it wont cx out the 1st $3k. If you only want to use 1 CC, then its pretty obvious that $3k is the max per day,(have no idea if that will be a calendar day or every 24 hrs)
I used different cards with the same cashier about 10 minutes apart between transactions.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by coltonatx
I used different cards with the same cashier about 10 minutes apart between transactions.
I had that problem months ago with the 7s. Once 1 GC was purchased @ $500 any other transaction was declined no matter if it was different reg or different CC being used. Didnt try for a different amount. So maybe try 3k and 2K with 2 different registers,thats assuming theres no inputting of your ID info per purchase. Otherwise you will have to do as I did with the 7s and hit a # getting only 1 per store

Last edited by craz; Jun 12, 2015 at 11:46 am
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
It looks like the paypower number is going through maintenance. Have they done phone maintenance before? How long does it usually take for them to complete? Right now it looks to be about 24 hours.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:43 am

can you load this directly with a reloadit ?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by switchyj
No, can't load this with the RL scratch offs. This is another RL product you can buy and drain to prepaids immediately. YMMV if merchant will take CC for it because they say Cash only on the package.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mamibear
No, can't load this with the RL scratch offs. This is another RL product you can buy and drain to prepaids immediately. YMMV if merchant will take CC for it because they say Cash only on the package.
Mamibear I believe you are mistaken. The package definitely says to Reload with Reloadits, though I have never kept any of these cards long enough to register them. I think OP was just asking if you are required to go through the safe or not.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Mamibear I believe you are mistaken. The package definitely says to Reload with Reloadits, though I have never kept any of these cards long enough to register them. I think OP was just asking if you are required to go through the safe or not.
You're probably right, my mistake.

I treat PayPower VGCs like any prepaid GCs>>load to prepaids>>toss. I haven't paid attention to reloading them with RL scratch offs because I don't register them.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:30 pm

OP says it asks for SSN. for which use?

when reloading it with RL (I assume you need to register PP first)?
or before using the PP you just bought?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Yes, but why would you want to? when there are other cards that wont charge you a $5.95 monthly fee.

PP is good as a single use card dont register it = not paying the $5.95 monthly fee unload it as fast as you can.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
Yes, but why would you want to? when there are other cards that wont charge you a $5.95 monthly fee.

PP is good as a single use card dont register it = not paying the $5.95 monthly fee unload it as fast as you can.
Does it still have 7 days before the monthly fee kicks in?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Does it still have 7 days before the monthly fee kicks in?
I havent started up with PP, but last I was told it hits on the 7th day. But since there are other products out there for a $3.95 fee for up to $500 and its possible for many to get a large amount at 1 time, it just doesnt pay for me to play with PP when the other options makes more sense. Now if PP was the only game where a person lives thats something else. As well as if its still fee free

The problkem with most of the monthly fee cards (even some w/o a fee) is once you hit a certain amount and their computer sees large uploads and large unloads , they will shut you down and freeze the funds for 6 months.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:18 am

can someone clarify for me, i just found these temp cards at my local store.

you guys are saying that i:
-buy the temp card for 3.95
-don't register it so i don't get hit with 5.95$
-load it to something like serve/target red card
-dump it
-go to store and repeat above
?

how does one set the pin on these without registering them? is it like VGC where any pin on first use is the pin?

also, anyone actually use the powerpay billpay feature? is it equivalent to serve/bluebird products?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.