Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KYBOSH
I agree but threads that get to be close to 100 pages deep maybe a bit overwhelming for the uninitiated. A wiki would help them if one were so inclined to spponfeed the masses.
71 pages, if people are planing to get into this hobby/game then reading 71 pages isn't asking a lot. The education people have the less mistake they will make and draw attention to themselves.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by misterno
Can someone please answer my question?

I purchased several Chase GCs, can I go to WM and pay off the same credit card with these GCs?

I assume it will only cost me $1.88 for the all $2,500 I spent. Is that correct? Or is it $1.88 per $500?
Read this thread and educate yourself on what you are doing. Don't go into this game/hobby blindly as it could cost you a lot of money.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Read this thread and educate yourself on what you are doing. Don't go into this game/hobby blindly as it could cost you a lot of money.
And you can screw things up for everyone else.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
And you can screw things up for everyone else.
LOL, yes we don't want that to happen!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: Several dozen
Indeed, this ain't a risk-free, paint-by-numbers game. You need an understanding of what you are doing, who Cardinal Fang is and what is his game, who the (evil*) bloggers are and what is their game, what credit reports and shadow credit reports (like Credit Karma) are, what your travel needs are, what airlines you need to focus on, how much time you have to invest and etc.

*As to bloggers being evil - money being the root of all evil, so most bloggers are necessarily evil because they blog for money and have certain vested monetary interests. Some are nice folks, as evil, nice folks go. On the other hand Cardinals are holy, often deaf and self righteous, and always glad to help you on your way, typically tied to a stake and standing on burning kindling.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by misterno
Can someone please answer my question?

I purchased several Chase GCs, can I go to WM and pay off the same credit card with these GCs?

I assume it will only cost me $1.88 for the all $2,500 I spent. Is that correct? Or is it $1.88 per $500?
Yes you can BP at WM. The fee is per BP not per card you use.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Still able to buy chase gc no problems. Chase freedom plus chase exclusives yields 550 points per gc.
Never mind, couldn't do math at 5 AM.

Last edited by iceman77_7; Aug 5, 2013 at 8:53 am
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:37 am

I don't have credit so does my master card works?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Kirk1D12
No
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:34 am

Wow..
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:50 am

LOL.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
<slow clap>

You know, you'll often see people scolded for being too hard on "newbs" or on people who ask silly questions. I tend to simply set my phaser to "ignore" when I come across them in threads like this. However, sometimes you stumble upon that rare gem of a post that is simply too incredible to be ignored. This is one of them. Kirk, even if I wanted to answer your question, I have absolutely no idea what it is.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by andyandy
<slow clap>

You know, you'll often see people scolded for being too hard on "newbs" or on people who ask silly questions. I tend to simply set my phaser to "ignore" when I come across them in threads like this. However, sometimes you stumble upon that rare gem of a post that is simply too incredible to be ignored. This is one of them. Kirk, even if I wanted to answer your question, I have absolutely no idea what it is.
Thanks for taking the time to write that out. That was exactly what my "LOL" was meant to convey. ^
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:45 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by andyandy
<slow clap>

LOL... it's always nice to get into the office, pop open FT and get an actual laugh out loud. That's how to start a Monday.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Cue the gif of bugs bunny sawing off Florida

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.