Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by jimbaum
Hi,
This deal hasn't interested me thus far, since I only fly AA and I have no good Chase mileage cards.

sit it out
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jimbaum
Hi,
This deal hasn't interested me thus far, since I only fly AA and I have no good Chase mileage cards.

I do have a Marriott card and a Freedom card, however. Just wasn't sure if I should buy the maximum on these cards since it is the last opportunity. I've been torn for several days on this now and was trying to weigh the risk versus rewards (my understanding is that I would need to liquidate at WM onto BB, and if it fails to use up cards on my own). Seems with the cards I have, even if GCs are a freebie, they are not adding up to be a good deal.

Thoughts welcome to help me decide.
Your freedom card is only being utilized 50%,you need to get yourself a CSP and this will unlock the full usage of it. If you have a Marriott card, you missed out on racking up points for them.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Your freedom card is only being utilized 50%,you need to get yourself a CSP and this will unlock the full usage of it. If you have a Marriott card, you missed out on racking up points for them.
To clarify...

You can still get the points on Freedom this month and just leave them until you finally get the Sapphire, or Ink, cards (or your spouse..as they can transfer from your freedom to your spouses UR account as well)

regardless, 2500 points/miles > 0 points/miles
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
After receiving the card, do I have to go to a Walmart to cash out the card to my bluebird, or can I do it online??
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
[QUOTE=jimbaum;21425098]Hi,

Also, in case you weren't aware. Chase UR points (once you get Sapphire, etc) can be transferred to BA..a partner of AA and can be used for distance-based trips..for instance a 1-way from my state to NYC(LGA, EWR, and JFK) is 4500 points and $2.50 taxes on a direct flight on AA and they do not charge last-minute fees. Availability is there on most days including sameday/next day. AA sells this same last minute tickets for $230. In my state same deal works for Chicago, and DC...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:24 am

While utilizing Chase gift cards saved some money when compared to purchasing VR's they were a pain sometimes to unload... having to call for each card to activate and set a pin.. then hope that the machine at walmart was working.. then having a manager come punch in a code when trying to load more than $1.5k.. not to mention these things came USPS and could get lost in the mail. I'm also starting to wonder if there was a higher risk to getting shut down by Chase when compared to other manufactured spending methods.

On a positive note.. this deal wasn't detailed as much by the bloggers until it was announced it would be ending.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
It can be done online, but is is expensive. BB lets you load $100 a day online with a debit card for $2 fee, so it will be $10 to load $500.

Loading in WM is real easy, I have loaded so many of them at the moneycenter (never used the kiosk) and not had an issue even once.

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
After receiving the card, do I have to go to a Walmart to cash out the card to my bluebird, or can I do it online??
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by rambo
It can be done online, but is is expensive. BB lets you load $100 a day online with a debit card for $2 fee, so it will be $10 to load $500.

Loading in WM is real easy, I have loaded so many of them at the moneycenter (never used the kiosk) and not had an issue even once.
4 gallons of gas for me to go to Wally and back..so I can load a $1000 online for about the same price..
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
While utilizing Chase gift cards saved some money when compared to purchasing VR's they were a pain sometimes to unload...
Once my trusty kiosk got temperamental I came around to this viewpoint. Late comer, so once its done I'll have only pushed 20k across 5 cards through. Still, that's $158 in my pocket vs VR. Thanks Chase!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:11 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond

On a positive note.. this deal wasn't detailed as much by the bloggers until it was announced it would be ending.
Yes, I noticed that too. I wonder why?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by akp
Yes, I noticed that too. I wonder why?
I think there could be a few possibilities:

1) If they receive referral commission on Chase card sign ups they may be asked not to post this information. For example, I think it's been pointed out that the information about the reconsideration line has been removed from many blogs.

2) If they detail the deal.. they will get a million follow up questions. I don't see Lucky or TPG taking the time to walk into a Walmart taking photos of the entire process of how to unload these.

3) Some people will sign up for a brand new Chase card and then max out their credit line purchasing GC's, increasing their risk of Chase closing their accounts. This would make people upset with the blogger.

4) Some bloggers seem in theory to rely on manufactured spending in order to obtain miles/points in order to produce content for their blog. If they publicize a deal it may kill it.. hurting their own interests.

5) They just aren't interested in writing on the topic.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: A few
I think there could be a few possibilities:

1) If they receive referral commission on Chase card sign ups they may be asked not to post this information. For example, I think it's been pointed out that the information about the reconsideration line has been removed from many blogs.

2) If they detail the deal.. they will get a million follow up questions. I don't see Lucky or TPG taking the time to walk into a Walmart taking photos of the entire process of how to unload these.

3) Some people will sign up for a brand new Chase card and then max out their credit line purchasing GC's, increasing their risk of Chase closing their accounts. This would make people upset with the blogger.

4) Some bloggers seem in theory to rely on manufactured spending in order to obtain miles/points in order to produce content for their blog. If they publicize a deal it may kill it.. hurting their own interests.

5) They just aren't interested in writing on the topic.

I'd say with 99.9% certainty it was No 1
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:49 pm

I agree that Chase probably asked them not to write about it. We certainly know that most bloggers comply with Chase given how secretly the reconsideration numbers disappeared from so many blogs.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by packfanlv
I agree that Chase probably asked them not to write about it. We certainly know that most bloggers comply with Chase given how secretly the reconsideration numbers disappeared from so many blogs.
Oh well.

Someone /I am sure from here/ posted it on SD.

20K+ views.

Chase better be ready to ship hundreds of thousands of their free GCs this month
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:32 pm

None of my statements say anything about Chase gift cards, or that they're no longer being issued after Sept 22 for that matter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.