Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

Were sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Several dozen
See, folks you really can get a proper education going to college! We have a rising star in the plastics industry. Mrs. Robinson would be proud!

Originally Posted by tnm5041
(FWIW, nearly all of my GC's are converted to MO's to pay off student debt).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
See, folks you really can get a proper education going to college! We have a rising star in the plastics industry. Mrs. Robinson would be proud!
That would mean he's leaving a balance in his credit cards...
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Gammachu
Not if they already had enough cash to pay the loan payments and instead used that money to pay off the CCs which earned the points

That is a major part the advantage here - earning points while paying bills that normally can't be paid with a CC
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Not if they already had enough cash to pay the loan payments and instead used that money to pay off the CCs which earned the points

That is a major part the advantage here - earning points while paying bills that normally can't be paid with a CC
I don't get why people do that. If you had the money to pay the student loan off in the first place, why go the extra step and use the money from the gift card to pay off the loan? Why not just use it to pay back the credit card you used to buy the gift card?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I don't get why people do that. If you had the money to pay the student loan off in the first place, why go the extra step and use the money from the gift card to pay off the loan? Why not just use it to pay back the credit card you used to buy the gift card?
This
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Either way there are two bills to pay (CC and student loan). Either way you need to extract the cash value from the GCs (via BB or MO) to pay one of those bills. There is absolutely no difference which bill gets paid with which funds.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:58 pm

Has anyone tried purchasing the Chase GC with a credit card that is not Chase (Citi, BofA, Wells Fargo etc)? I don't see anywhere on the website requiring Chase credit card or Chase debit card to buy Chase GC. Please let me know. Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by asiantraveler
Has anyone tried purchasing the Chase GC with a credit card that is not Chase (Citi, BofA, Wells Fargo etc)? I don't see anywhere on the website requiring Chase credit card or Chase debit card to buy Chase GC. Please let me know. Thanks!
Thats a brilliant idea!
Why dont you try it and report back to FT so we can update the WIKI appearing on top of the thread.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:25 pm

Tried yesterday and today at WM kiosk. It would not take the GC's. I have loaded to Bluebird MANY of these through the same reliable kiosk. No problem at the cashier except waiting in line, and explaining 2 BB accounts and 4 debit accounts. Is this a kiosk problem or have others had recent problems. It also would not print MO's ... never an issue prior
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
Thats a brilliant idea!
Why dont you try it and report back to FT so we can update the WIKI appearing on top of the thread.
Please tell me your kidding
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by ctdohert2
bazinga
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Of course he's kidding!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:50 pm

please tell me YOU'RE kidding
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:29 pm

Well, I would most certainly be shaming my college's business school if I was leaving a CC balance so no worries there. In fact, I'm living very frugally right now (not as crazy as some of those stories you hear http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1522534.html but you get the picture) in an effort to minimize that 6.8% Federal interest loan rate . Unfortunately, I'm often leaving "free" miles on the table, as I don't have BB or someone trustworthy to deposit the MO's and return the $ to me, so I only purchase what I can afford that particular month.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Tried yesterday and today at WM kiosk. It would not take the GC's. I have loaded to Bluebird MANY of these through the same reliable kiosk. No problem at the cashier except waiting in line, and explaining 2 BB accounts and 4 debit accounts. Is this a kiosk problem or have others had recent problems. It also would not print MO's ... never an issue prior
Nope. Never any problems with a kiosk. Ever.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ys-broken.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.