Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Using charge smart to meet spending challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum

As I'm currently not in the US, using my US Air card overseas will cost me 3% in foreign exchange fees.

My plan is to pay ACS (the creditor of my student loan) $733.51 + $17.49 (in credit card processing fees) to meet the US Airways spend over $750 each month in Dec, Jan and Feb challenge. The fees are a reasonable 2.3%.

https://www.chargesmart.com

Has anyone used them before? Did your payment post without problems?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by hightide
As I'm currently not in the US, using my US Air card overseas will cost me 3% in foreign exchange fees.

My plan is to pay ACS (the creditor of my student loan) $733.51 + $17.49 (in credit card processing fees) to meet the US Airways spend over $750 each month in Dec, Jan and Feb challenge. The fees are a reasonable 2.3%.

https://www.chargesmart.com

Has anyone used them before? Did your payment post without problems?
Yes, I used them a few years back to meet minimum spend (before I knew of alternatives!) It works, just somewhat expensive, and at least at that time, somewhat deceptive about fees. (For mortgages, the fee indicated was something like $5, and only right at the end do they add a "large payment insurance fee" that pushed it up to about $90. Yes, informed before the purchase, so not really really bad, but still....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks you Silver!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.