Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaiotes
what do you guys do when an institution fails to post a payment?
I made a manual payment to an address that i typed for an amount > 1k for a mortgage payment (didn't find it in their list). Delivery date was 2-11 but the bank has yet to post it. for all my CC payments that i have made they have all posted on time altho these were not manually entered.
I got on the phone w/ a BB supervisor, guy is now saying that it takes 5 bus days to process and that guarantee date of the 12th than the 11th that is shown online, .........
Have you checked the main thread of BB?

Many people who used manual checks have experienced delays - sometimes not BB's fault but the institution failed to identify the incoming check (easy, because there is no payment stub attached like a regular payment sent by you.)

There are enough posts on how the outcomes are (mostly resolved with extra time delay, but that is the nature of the beast). You may want to there to quickly read up the last few weeks' posts regarding manual check payments. I believe you should find no less than a doz events.

The general advice is, if you must use manual check, allow at least 2 extra weeks just in case the check is misplaced at the receiving end. Some people have the checks sent to their own address with the Payee's name on it and then they mail the checks to the payees with payment stub attached to ensure proper posting.

There is a recent case BofA could not find it and requested a check image to show the check being sent.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: ALL :)
VRs activated and then deactivated

Originally Posted by Happy
What were your issues with the VR cards? I do not recall reading your posts on the nature of the problems. If you have, kindly point us the post(s) so we know what the problems are.
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Where is the dead horse with the same data points? People here were saying Incomm handled their issue and took a couple of days. For me they took two weeks. Other people came on and said it looked like they changed their policy and are directing them back to the store instead. My second experience they did the same thing and directed me back to the store, who I had been to 4 times and who keep telling me it is not their problem and to call Incomm.

The dead horse and whining is coming from you complaining about people sharing information. For the first time in several years on FlyerTalk I am going to look to see if there is an ignore feature so I don't need to read your whining drivel.
Same experience as you, only ever time I call back its another 72 hours and they are supposedly expediting it. Its the blame game back and forth.

Last edited by steventravel; Feb 13, 2013 at 2:48 pm Reason: VRs activated and then deactivated
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steventravel
VRs activated and then deactivated
What is shown on your receipt?

Are the last 4 digits of the bar code not showing on your receipt? Or they are there but the card is not activated?

What does the CVS store manager tell you after you contact them?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: ALL :)
What is shown on your receipt?

Are the last 4 digits of the bar code not showing on your receipt? Or they are there but the card is not activated?

What does the CVS store manager tell you after you contact them?
RCPT says activated, but they are not. Manager says Incomm deactivated them, INCOMM says store deactivated them.

Around we go.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:22 am

FYI, I called Super America CS line. Manager got back to me and apologized. For them it was an issue at the store in the order they do the swiping. One time it was my credit card swiped out of order and the next time it was my SA reward card swiped out of order with the reward card # on the receipt instead of the VR#. They are activating a new card for me.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
FYI, I called Super America CS line. Manager got back to me and apologized. For them it was an issue at the store in the order they do the swiping. One time it was my credit card swiped out of order and the next time it was my SA reward card swiped out of order with the reward card # on the receipt instead of the VR#. They are activating a new card for me.
Thanks for the update.

At the end it is really the issue with the store because of how the system is designed.

So next time when you do purchases at SA you would need to pay close attention on how does the cashier swipe the correct cards in correct sequence... Can't imagine a chain would have such complicated system in order to process a purchase...

Though thru this all along, Incomm is correct that this is the issue of the store, not theirs and it HAS to be resolved at the store level.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
So next time when you do purchases at SA you would need to pay close attention on how does the cashier swipe the correct cards in correct sequence...
This. ^

Good advice every time you are trying to play any of these games. There are failure points. Run the steps enough times and you will experience one of them. If you keep an eye on the cashier, you may avert that.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:29 pm

Visited my local Atlanta CVS earlier this evening. The manager kindly asked that I scratch to reveal the pin before she rang them up. She said she had 14, yes FOURTEEN, in a row, that were all missing some of the digits earlier in the day. Luckily she caught them all before anyone bought them, but yes, 14 vanilla reload cards missing digits.

I asked if she could tell that they had been tampered with, and she said they definitely had NOT been tampered with. No evidence of any tampering she told me, implying it had to be some sort of manufacturing error.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by jacisme
Visited my local Atlanta CVS earlier this evening. The manager kindly asked that I scratch to reveal the pin before she rang them up. She said she had 14, yes FOURTEEN, in a row, that were all missing some of the digits earlier in the day. Luckily she caught them all before anyone bought them, but yes, 14 vanilla reload cards missing digits.

I asked if she could tell that they had been tampered with, and she said they definitely had NOT been tampered with. No evidence of any tampering she told me, implying it had to be some sort of manufacturing error.
Wow - that's a first (at least that I've heard) - the CVS manager keeping an eye out for this. And apparently for good reason! Good for them.

Note that this was in Atlanta.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:49 pm

Not sure which thread to put this on. Bought my first vanilla yesterday at cvs with a citi visa - no problem. Went back today and tried with my amex and register said try another payment type. So, I used the visa again for $1k and it went through. Anyone else have this same issue? I thought amex would work.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by secakc
Not sure which thread to put this on. Bought my first vanilla yesterday at cvs with a citi visa - no problem. Went back today and tried with my amex and register said try another payment type. So, I used the visa again for $1k and it went through. Anyone else have this same issue? I thought amex would work.
Probably Amex simply sniffed the purchase ($500 at a drug store), it smelled funky to them, and they declined it. Happens all the time, especially if it's a new card, or your card history doesn't show a lot of large purchases (at drug stores). You may get a call or email. If not, try it again, and if it fails, call Amex and see if they are blocking any transactions that they suspect are fraudulent.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:53 am

Anyone else have an activation issue this morning? I purchased two VRs. One activated fine, but the other said it would be activated within 24 hours.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
bought two and loaded them fine this morning w/o any issues.. does your card have the correct number of digits on it? See a few posts above where someone mentions manufacturing error on VR's where it doesn't have enough digits
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:57 pm

I had a strange error today while loading from VR to BB. Error message said "redemption failed". VR CSR says money has been sent to BB. Amex CSR says it will take them 10 days to investigate (after a conference call with VR CSR).

Now I have $500 missing between these 2 companies. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by digital330
I had a strange error today while loading from VR to BB. Error message said "redemption failed". VR CSR says money has been sent to BB. Amex CSR says it will take them 10 days to investigate (after a conference call with VR CSR).

Now I have $500 missing between these 2 companies. Any suggestions?
I had the exact same issue in December 2012. This is most likely an issue with VR, not BB. I escalated the issue to a supervisor at Incomm (Vanilla Reload), who did a great job by following up for me and got the problem fixed in 2 days. The BB CSRs are outsourced and work in Manila. It is very time consuming to work with them and they won't be able to resolve the issue without Incomm getting involved. I highly recommend you call Incomm at the number on the back of the VR card and escalate this issue with a supervisor if they continue to ask you to call BB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.