Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:37 am

delete
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:51 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Although not instantaneous, the status of your payment on the BB site (go to Pay Bills and View Payment History) should change from Pending to Completed. I had one check that was received and deposited on the 29th. Checking BB that same day, it still said Pending but by the next morning, it was updated to Completed.
Not necessarily. I had a check this week change from Pending to Completed and it could not (physically) have been delivered and deposited in that time. And it was definitely a paper check.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:43 am

wonder when Bluebird is going to give us more ways to load in money into the account besides these vanilla reloads and bank account.

I'm wondering, can you send money from Serve to Bluebird? I know I can load in money from my credit card (non amex) to Serve. I've done it with low volume amounts ($50) a couple of times to see if it would work, and it did, and I didn't get charged anything by Chase. So is it possible to move it to Bluebird from Serve (or is that violating the rules)? Obviously it would have to be from someone else's Serve (like a spouse) since you can't have both these cards at the same time.

I did notice the netSpend now has Paypal where you can load in money apparently for free. Though of course there is no points involved, but you can get the $20 referrals, which are nice. I hate paying for anything. Free is good.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lbotez
wonder when Bluebird is going to give us more ways to load in money into the account besides these vanilla reloads and bank account.

I'm wondering, can you send money from Serve to Bluebird?
Yes
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:41 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I'm on my way to 120K... got my mortgage verified and paid! It's like a theme song
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

No ice cream at Walmart as of yet, at least not at my local one.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
My ufb DC card just came. Gonna start feeding the bird through it. Maxed out the 4K/mo self-imposed limit on my IB. I know a 1K load only gets me 500 AA miles, so does anyone know any other DC that gets a better rate than that for any worthy miles? Let's be honest, SkyPesos are NOT worthy!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Preacher7
My ufb DC card just came. Gonna start feeding the bird through it. Maxed out the 4K/mo self-imposed limit on my IB. I know a 1K load only gets me 500 AA miles, so does anyone know any other DC that gets a better rate than that for any worthy miles? Let's be honest, SkyPesos are NOT worthy!
AK
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
No ice cream at Walmart as of yet, at least not at my local one.
Mine either & it's one of their top grossing stores.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:30 pm

HOA

@express3 The only payment I sent via BB was my HOA. Posted yesterday to my HOA account successfully.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wonder how many folks applied for the Chase Ink card with the 50k promo just to take advantage of this arrangement - but no telling how long it will last.

250k Ink points should buy a decent amount of travel ($1875, I think).
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I wonder how many folks applied for the Chase Ink card with the 50k promo just to take advantage of this arrangement - but no telling how long it will last.

250k Ink points should buy a decent amount of travel ($1875, I think).
Given that you can cash out at $0.01/point, you should do better than that.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by express3
Thanks!

finally rec the bb now to search for the VR...been checking this past week, but no luck so far

I'm mainly interested in meeting cc spends, working in citi HH, and the amex delta. Don't have an ink yet.

QUICK QUESTION, anyone sent a car payment to Honda? Seems I need to do it manually and send a check. I've read that many successfully paid mortagages, what about HOA payments?
Honda wasn't listed under payees so I typed in the info. Was expecting it to pay as a check but oddly enough it paid next day so must've been ACH
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by QL_714
Should I just post it here or on the blogs?
I have a PM, you could use that
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Anyone know if Vanilla Reloads ring up as cash advances or as a purchase when bought with Bank of America visa cards ? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.