Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Sign in using an external account

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31, 12, 7:51 am   #1126

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
mms' post is no more ridiculous than comics on here talking in code as if they are some kind ... spies (edited)

that being said it did shock me that someone posted either here or getting spend thread who has been here for 12 years and over 10k posts and could not work out for themselves which vanilla card to buy. where did that double forehead slap picture go?

Last edited by ma91pmh; Oct 31, 12 at 8:26 am.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:00 am   #1127
wcj

OOOOHHHH a challenge with a good reward. A little more advanced notice and someone like me would have shown up on your doorstep having spent a day tracking and traveling --just because I could. Instead, I'll spend the day working the billables. BOOO
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:02 am   #1128

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, TK EC, SPG PLT, Marriott GLD, Hilton GLD, Club Carlson GLD, National Exec, DL HM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
mms' post is no more ridiculous than comics on here talking in code

that being said it did shock me that someone posted either here or getting spend thread who has been here for 12 years and over 10k posts and could not work out for themselves which vanilla card to buy. where did that double forehead slap picture go?
FT wasn't always about credit card churning and spending inflation you know. Once upon a time, people actually flew on paid tickets here regularly and wanted to figure out the best way to use miles earned from flying, or how to best use their elite benefits. Some still do!

Also, for anyone who is complaining about the code, then post in plain English. The complaining about the code is obnoxious, nobody is obligated to post in said code.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Oct 31, 12 at 8:34 am.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:07 am   #1129

Programs: AA-Hilton-Raddison-BA-Benihana.. ALL PLATINUM LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
FT wasn't always about credit card churning and spending inflation you know. Once upon a time, people actually flew on paid tickets here regularly and wanted to figure out the best way to use miles earned from flying, or how to best use their elite benefits. Some still do!

Also, for anyone who is complaining about the code, then post in plain English. The complaining about the code is obnoxious, nobody is obligated to post in said code. I also wouldn't make a terrorist analogy on a frequent flyer board considering several people I knew indirectly died in those attacks, but I leave the decisions of poor taste up to the mods...
Whats obnoxious is posts like "I fed my bird twice this week from green store". Who gives?! Ok, you want to go back to 5th grade, go ahead, fine with me. But there are others reading this topic and they can give two craps about you buying 2 vanilla refill cards at Walgreen's and posting updates here. Really! So childish.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:17 am   #1130

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, TK EC, SPG PLT, Marriott GLD, Hilton GLD, Club Carlson GLD, National Exec, DL HM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian View Post
Whats obnoxious is posts like "I fed my bird twice this week from green store". Who gives?! Ok, you want to go back to 5th grade, go ahead, fine with me. But there are others reading this topic and they can give two craps about you buying 2 vanilla refill cards at Walgreen's and posting updates here. Really! So childish.
If the subject being discussed doesn't meet what you want from it, start a new thread or stop posting. I've gotten everything I can out of this thread so I will stop posting in it and will unsubscribe, there is no point in any further discussion in the nature we are having. I will keep posting if directly related to Bluebird, nothing else.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Oct 31, 12 at 8:44 am.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:34 am   #1131

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Quote:
If the subject being discussed doesn't meet what you want from it, start a new thread or stop posting. I've gotten everything I can out of this thread so I will stop posting in it and will unsubscribe, there is no point in any further discussion in the nature we are having.
starting a new thread would merge into this one. plus, it is ridiculous.

flame away if already answered: if i deposit $500 vanilla, am i still able to deposit $500 at a WM on the same day? i assume that i could not do $1000 at WM since i've already done $500 via vanilla
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:40 am   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post

flame away if already answered: if i deposit $500 vanilla, am i still able to deposit $500 at a WM on the same day? i assume that i could not do $1000 at WM since i've already done $500 via vanilla
That would make sense to me, as they are combined limits.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:56 am   #1133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post

Correct
Old Oct 31, 12, 9:00 am   #1134

I'm really curious if anyone has tried using the Direct Deposit info from BB to allow companies to auto-debit bills and such. That would be fantastic if it allowed that.
Old Oct 31, 12, 9:06 am   #1135

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosfire View Post
I'm really curious if anyone has tried using the Direct Deposit info from BB to allow companies to auto-debit bills and such. That would be fantastic if it allowed that.
Yes, I believe it was tried. Read upthread. I think one said success and one said failure.
Old Oct 31, 12, 10:10 am   #1136

Programs: DL FO/DSC/PL AMEX, US Silver, HH Silver, PC Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, BW Plat,UA, AA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosfire View Post
Doing a test of this now with my utility. Worked fine going from BB to them via billpay, now testing the other way with the ACH numbers.
Old Oct 31, 12, 10:14 am   #1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
Doing a test of this now with my utility. Worked fine going from BB to them via billpay, now testing the other way with the ACH numbers.
Keep us posted!
Old Oct 31, 12, 10:14 am   #1138

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.711MM), SPG-Plat
Quote:
FT wasn't always about credit card churning and spending inflation you know.
Huh? FT has been credit card churn central since the word churn came to existence. I found this place as a way to churn cards almost a decade ago and churned millions of miles/points thanks to the collective of early churners looking for a home. The "other credit card" forum was bar none the best and most advance card churning resource available in the mid to early 2000's. There were multi year deals that would make GC churning pale in comparison and the best part of it all is that you did not even had to leave your keyboard.
Old Oct 31, 12, 10:34 am   #1139

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
MMS has always taken heat from putting tutorials online. Remember his Amazon Payments tutorial. It's still up. Still going strong. There was no downside. Just expanded those enjoying the service.

I do have a Bluebird question as yet unanswered. Has anyone figured out how to download Bluebird transactions into Quicken? This is going to move a lot of transaction activity to Bluebird that I need to track for taxes. I've no desire to manually enter it.
Old Oct 31, 12, 10:41 am   #1140

Programs: HH Gold, HY Plat, Hertz 5*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid View Post
Has anyone figured out how to download Bluebird transactions into Quicken? This is going to move a lot of transaction activity to Bluebird that I need to track for taxes. I've no desire to manually enter it.
As far as I've been able to find, there's no way to track transactions other than on the Bluebird site. Mint doesn't track it, there's no Quicken download, no CSV, nada. I've been manually entering my transactions just so I have my own record.

For those curious about Mint support for BB, here's the community post about it: http://satisfaction.mint.com/mint/to...pport_bluebird

Closed Thread