Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
With all the gibberish code talk (seriously, it's on an outside blog, just write in simple english already!), it's hard to figure out the process for using this card...based on the readable posts here and the blog, my understanding is I can do the following:
No offense but you could not figure out after reading a blog ..Which blog did you read !
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:02 pm

Thoughts/concerns on purchasing five reloads at once, but spread over five ccs and only only of which is a Chase Ink (and no other Chase cards)? Trying to reach minimum spend on some cards.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: All main US FF programs basic level
Originally Posted by josephstern
It's called "Vanilla Reload" and is not "reloadable."
Learn something new every hour on FT! Now if only they modified the name to Vanilla 1-time reload.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: All main US FF programs basic level
Try to do it at several different OD (and perhaps other retail) stores instead of just one particular OD store, otherwise you could ruin it for everyone else.

There are rumors that some Walgreens are allowing you to load via credit card. I went to one, but they only accepted cash. Since you only care about minimum spend, this would be a good option if you get lucky.

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
Thoughts/concerns on purchasing five reloads at once, but spread over five ccs and only only of which is a Chase Ink (and no other Chase cards)? Trying to reach minimum spend on some cards.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Jetsfan
You may want to consider going back once or twice a week and using a different card/card each time. May keep the Fang brigade out of you business at least a little longer - creates a pattern of spending $500 a week, every week at OD vs. mad dashes to hit spend, then stop. Of course, you could create a pattern for more than $500 if you were so inclined.

This is all moot if you live in an area where the OD's are dry/drying up or the closest one is a long distance away. Then, I would suggest trying - the worst that can happen is they say no, and you reach spend on 1 card vs. however many you have.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stoughton
No, Walgreens has lots of reload cards, but they're typically cash only
just got back from there and they had no "reload vanilla packs". Only myvanilla, visa/mc reloadable credit cards and amex GCs. Would any of those work for the bird?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
just got back from there and they had no "reload vanilla packs". Only myvanilla, visa/mc reloadable credit cards and amex GCs. Would any of those work for the bird?
No, those wouldn't work.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:00 pm

Not gonna spell this out but... pretty sure when you activate one of those white mailers, it doesn't know (or care) whether the mailer was shipped to OD, Walgreens or 711. Just sayin...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
It's amazing how many people don't want to actually read this thread, and post the same questions over and over. The spoon only reaches so far across the table.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:04 pm

I got my bird today and loaded it with one Vanilla reload. I then went to Dollar General because they have them there but you have to load at cashier. After they swiped my card, they said my card was invalid. I had them try again but it was the same thing. Anyone else have this issue when trying to load at a store?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HikerT
Not gonna spell this out but... pretty sure when you activate one of those white mailers, it doesn't know (or care) whether the mailer was shipped to OD, Walgreens or 711. Just sayin...
Actually, I have bean cards from both OD and Walgreen's, and there are differences between them. Mainly, the WAG one has a bar code in the top corner, and a mag stripe at the bottom, whereas the OD one only had a wide bar code at the bottom. WAG one also had an additional, giant AMEX logo on the front.

It's probably only WAG though that gets a different version as its due to technical limitations with their registers, so be careful going down this route.. Just sayin...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

What's with beans and ice creams?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
loaded on 10/24 around 6pm an 10/25 midnight. so it's calendar day.
Time zone?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by y2chen
Actually, I have bean cards from both OD and Walgreen's, and there are differences between them. Mainly, the WAG one has a bar code in the top corner, and a mag stripe at the bottom, whereas the OD one only had a wide bar code at the bottom. WAG one also had an additional, giant AMEX logo on the front.

It's probably only WAG though that gets a different version as its due to technical limitations with their registers, so be careful going down this route.. Just sayin...
Suppose you could always put a WAG on the rack at OD, and see what happens, grin. Just kidding!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:14 pm

I got my ice cream at OD today and on the way home I stopped at an ATM. The card is to big to fit in the slot. Please help!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.