Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Are you using bill pay to pay off the same cards you used to purchase the VRs?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dajoip
Sure why not?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Originally Posted by dajoip
Sure why not?
Circular path concerns.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Circular path concerns.
^ Within the FT community, it's sort of engrained within us that circular paths are always bad so when a feasible option is introduced, everyone tends to be skeptical.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Circular path concerns.
I doubt Chase has the time nor desire to figure out what I'm doing with any VR's I buy. With the variety of prepaid products out there what can be fed off a VR, it would be difficult, if not entirely impossible, for them to deterine where that particular VR was fed into, esp without access to the individual card data that's held by Incomm.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I doubt Chase has the time nor desire to figure out what I'm doing with any VR's I buy. With the variety of prepaid products out there what can be fed off a VR, it would be difficult, if not entirely impossible, for them to deterine where that particular VR was fed into, esp without access to the individual card data that's held by Incomm.
I agree, I didn't say I was necessarily concerned .
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

No reload cards available in Brookline MA at various CVS stops.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by particlemn
i am taking a few steps to limit my potentially being flagged, 1 i only complete 9 reloads per moonth, not 10. second i pay my regular "keeper" credit cards via bill pay not the churn ones, and third i occasionaly make a $2 or #3 purchase using bluebird. i am hopeing this makes me appear as a typical customer. as long i i can fly low i can continue to fly
Ditto here.

Enough cards to go round using the billpay without having to complete the circle.

I also believe not to use round number to make bill pay.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by rajin
No reload cards available in Brookline MA at various CVS stops.
YGPM

Mike
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:26 pm

Does anyone know a location where I can buy VR's in the San Francisco area with a credit card? I've been all over and can't find anything. PM would be appreciated!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Comenius
Does anyone know a location where I can buy VR's in the San Francisco area with a credit card? I've been all over and can't find anything. PM would be appreciated!
PM me too!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Originally Posted by pantanal
Have not gotten a single bean in the Bay Area in last 30 days. Pretty much given up and resigned myself to buying Amex Prepaids with Chase Ink from OD.
Why isn't that the preferred method anyway? Ink at OD gets you better than 3% back, and that's with points that are directly convertible to cash. I guess it's easier to use a 2% card (Cap1Venture) and get the VR straight from CVS ... do you prefer that for convenience?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kcblakely
Why isn't that the preferred method anyway? Ink at OD gets you better than 3% back, and that's with points that are directly convertible to cash. I guess it's easier to use a 2% card (Cap1Venture) and get the VR straight from CVS ... do you prefer that for convenience?
Unless I'm missing something in the process, how would you get a prepaid Amex from OD to load onto a Bluebird - I thought you needed a debit product to convert to cash or buy money orders, ATM, etc.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Someone liberated my local WG from all Vanilla Relod cards. Still had a bunch about 10 days ago.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
still hoping to clarify if people are seeing the myvanilla ones by Via or something else? Or if getting the Visa my vanilla ones are worth the hassle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.