Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by digital330
Looks like WF has caught on and decided to shutdown this product for miles collectors. Saw below message on Account Summary page,

Effective May 1, 2013, the funding card must be a Wells Fargo Debit Card or Wells Fargo Credit Card.

and wouldn't a WF CC probably be considered a CA for some type of astronomical fee's?

If you have a WF debit card, then it seems this product would be useless. So why would someone want both?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ned
$9K more and out for me!

+1^

This will probably be true for many with the 'news' from the latest posting on how to load the card. Guess we will have to see what happens.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:35 pm

Looks like WF has caught on and decided to shutdown this product for miles collectors. Saw below message on Account Summary page,

Effective May 1, 2013, the funding card must be a Wells Fargo Debit Card or Wells Fargo Credit Card.
Well, that was good while it lasted.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:51 pm

Glad I maxxed this thing out for as long as I have.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:19 pm

Well, that bites!

Looks like I'll be maxing out for the next 2 months!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Well, still have a little bit left. I'll hit ~$45K on these cards by May 1. Sure will miss them!

Did anybody blog about the WF PP in the past few weeks? I don't think so
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, SPG
End of WF for earning miles

Not many people bother reading the fine print or anything on the statement as long as the transactions appear correct. In fact, I am amazed at the number of readers that dont even read the T&C. They just ask for help here if somethin didn't work for them. Pretty sure many of the bloggers fit into this category. Well, they know now and Thursday/Friday posts should be interesting. Wonder how many are going to take credit?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:58 am

well, it looks like, another 1 bites the dust.

at least for all who don't have a WF CC or debit card.

maybe they will come out with a great bonus or something.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
A copy and paste from the New Terms and Conditions (dated March 6, 2013)

4. Loading funds to your Card.

The Card is reloadable. You may load funds onto your Card in only the following manners:
The primary cardholder may load value onto the Card using a “Funding Account.” The Funding Account must be either a debit card or credit card and its billing address must match the address on file for the Card. Effective May 1, 2013, the Funding Account must be a Wells Fargo Debit Card or Wells Fargo Credit Card. You may change the Funding Account from time to time and may have up to two (2) Funding Accounts at any given time. Upon authorization, this will cause monies to be tracked in the subaccount accessed by your Card and be available for use by you to make designated transactions. Effective May 1, 2013, Bank may reverse or otherwise adjust any amount erroneously or fraudulently loaded to your Card.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:37 am
jk2

Am I correct, that opening a second card would result in a good chance to be shut down? In the light of news about "loading the funds" I want to maximize my spending.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Am I correct, that opening a second card would result in a good chance to be shut down? In the light of news about "loading the funds" I want to maximize my spending.

It appears that some with multiple cards have been shut down.

You will be lucky to get the card within any time frame left to do anything on it. No reports yet if anything has changed about signing up for one.

After May 1, 2013, it appears they should require a WF CC or debit card to be able to open one; otherwise, there will be no way to fund the card (which is usually done at the time it gets ordered).
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:44 am
jk2

Originally Posted by shoreline
It appears that some with multiple cards have been shut down.

You will be lucky to get the card within any time frame left to do anything on it. No reports yet if anything has changed about signing up for one.

After May 1, 2013, it appears they should require a WF CC or debit card to be able to open one; otherwise, there will be no way to fund the card (which is usually done at the time it gets ordered).
Do they track cards by SSN? I was thinking to use different e-mail/phone number for 2nd card. I know that only 2 months left, so $9K in extra spending would be nice.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:49 am

Well dang. I've had my WFPP for a few months, but just started cautiously using it this week - testing it with a little $500 load, and $250 BB transfer. Reading the accounts in this thread of people loading & dumping the max amounts over and over again without any normal, "moderation" spending strategy...not saying that it ruined it for us, but I'm sure it raised more than a few red flags at WF.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by forextrader
A copy and paste from the New Terms and Conditions (dated March 6, 2013)

4. Loading funds to your Card.

The Card is reloadable. You may load funds onto your Card in only the following manners:
The primary cardholder may load value onto the Card using a “Funding Account.” The Funding Account must be either a debit card or credit card and its billing address must match the address on file for the Card. Effective May 1, 2013, the Funding Account must be a Wells Fargo Debit Card or Wells Fargo Credit Card. You may change the Funding Account from time to time and may have up to two (2) Funding Accounts at any given time. Upon authorization, this will cause monies to be tracked in the subaccount accessed by your Card and be available for use by you to make designated transactions. Effective May 1, 2013, Bank may reverse or otherwise adjust any amount erroneously or fraudulently loaded to your Card.
Obviously, not asking for 'Cash' because it would be a case of promoting 'Money Laundering' like most Walgreens subject to risk of heavy fines by the Dept of Justice.
I 'll be surprised with the new policy Wf PP product is not dead by next year...

I wonder if you have WF credit/debit card, why you need the Wf PP ?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
Obviously, not asking for 'Cash' because it would be a case of promoting 'Money Laundering' like most Walgreens subject to risk of heavy fines by the Dept of Justice.
I 'll be surprised with the new policy Wf PP product is not dead by next year...

I wonder if you have WF credit/debit card, why you need the Wf PP ?
To supply a student/child/etc with the WFPP while someone else funds the account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.