Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:32 pm

Domt stress too much if you made the mistake. I made too..two mistakes actually, but now learned my lesson

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
A mistaken attempt to purchase a VR? Accidents happen...
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I guess I will just spend this one sigh
What were U really trying do is not clear.......
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by whowong
No Problem. My funding source was always the same card (CSP) with the same name. I did get an error but it was more of a "Incorrect Credentials" error. My spending on the otherhand was only at wal mart which probably triggered it but I thought I may be safe since I didn't get near the max at the time and didn't drain to 0. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hopefully I can help others stay in the game. One last note, I did try doing a recurring fund thinking it may make it seem more "normal" with a load of 1900 every 1st and 15th. My account closed after the first load from using this process.
I wonder if it's the recuring fund you tried to set up?

I wonder if anyone else has tried to set that up and whether their account was closed or whether it actually went through?

It doesn't seem like just walmart shopping should get you closed down, especially in different increments. The card is suppose to be set for shopping, so it seems odd.

Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by SGJazz
3 options:

VR at CVS

AP

AFT

Possibly more.
just quoting for a 'nice reminder' for some.

thanks for posting.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:16 am

I guess I'm just lucky that WF is a prominent bank in my area. I take out most of the money via ATM and mix in a couple of small regular spends (lunch, gas, etc...) between loads.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by gm9928
I guess I'm just lucky that WF is a prominent bank in my area. I take out most of the money via ATM and mix in a couple of small regular spends (lunch, gas, etc...) between loads.

nice, but you are still paying WF ATM fee's after your 1st 2 withdraws.
probably not that much different for others using other methods.

but, I agree having WF near is nice, but not neccessarily money saving.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by sanctified50
I was blacklisted with Chase after I ran through a rough patch about 13 years ago and was unable to pay a $11000 debt. I applied for the Chase Priority Club in 2011 because of the "previous unsatisfactory relationship with bank." I had never received a collection letter from any agency about my Chase debt (I had paid other older debts off). When I call the recon line, they told me that if I paid off the old collection, they would allow for me to apply for the card. They gave me the collection agency's name and number to pay the debt. The debt had been past down a lot during that time (about 11 years), so by the time I got to the 4th collection agency, it was closed down and there was no way to trace it. I called Chase after 2 months and told them I tried to pay the debt, but could not find where it was. The lady was nice and called the collection agency and they told her that it had been sold and there was no way to trace it now. She verified the information from my previous application and got a supervisor on the line. He allowed me to get the Priority Club card, but only with a $1000 credit limit. I thought I was in the open until a year later. I applied for the Mileage Plus card and was declined because of the same reason. I called the recon line again, saw the notes where I tried to pay the debt and gave me the card with a $7000 limit. It is still in their system, but the supervisor was able to override it for me and I have 2 cards. I want to pay those two well for a year or two before I try any others. If you find the right person, it can be overridden.

The problem is i dont owe chase anything.They blacklisted me for reasons they wont say.When i got shut down i was owing 1500 dollars and i paid it off the following week and that was years ago now they dont even try to give me a excuse they just say no sorry.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by jada135
The problem is i dont owe chase anything.They blacklisted me for reasons they wont say.When i got shut down i was owing 1500 dollars and i paid it off the following week and that was years ago now they dont even try to give me a excuse they just say no sorry.
The banks will NEVER give you specific reasons. They don't have to. Giving you details only opens them up to being sued. Why should they? The simple bottom line is that you did something (probably lots of things) that they didn't like, and at some point they just decided enough was enough, and they just weren't that into you.

Surely you can think of some things you did that pissed them off, no? You may not know the exact thing that pushed you over their line, but I'd guess that you can imagine some things you did that they would not have liked, any of which might have been the last straw. That's the risk we all run when playing the game - you only discover where "the line" is after you've been told you just stepped over it. Up until that point, it's all "yes, sir, how can we help you?" After they decide they no longer want you as a customer, they have no reason to waste time explaining anything.

It's a bad place to be, for sure, and you have my sympathies. Hope I never find myself on the other side of their line.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928
Probably always a good idea to work in normal small purchases on both BB and WFPP.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:06 am

Check out this email sent out:

We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. Do not attempt to use the card as it will be retained by the merchant per our direction. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity.

This account cannot be reopened.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by MileageUpdate

We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. Do not attempt to use the card as it will be retained by the merchant per our direction. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity.

What did you do that might have triggered this?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by greek2me
What did you do that might have triggered this?

I am told they did a mix of large Dept Store purchases of $600 and w/d for back pocket money of $500 a few times a month
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:19 am

Smile

Originally Posted by MileageUpdate

When the bank makes money off you, that's good business. When you make money off them, that's fraud.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:24 am

might as well try and use it to see what happens. it's worthless now anyway, and would be a fun experiment.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by peteypablo
When the bank makes money off you, that's good business. When you make money off them, that's fraud.
Exactly. The minute they think someone might have a benefit from them its a shutdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.