Wiki Posts
Search

Halogen Prepaid

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
Halogen Prepaid

Found this card at the local Kmart. I dont remember ever seeing anything about it on here so I thought I would finally post. Does anyone have any experience with it? Seems like another viable BB alternative that accepts GD.

Below are the details, I assume the reload fee is just refering the the GD cost but wasnt sure.
https://www.halogenprepaid.com/halog...dType=HGN#fees

Last edited by vinyalwhl; Feb 15, 2013 at 5:19 am
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
KMart Sucks.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Swipe
Bring your Halogen Reloadable Prepaid Card to a participating Kmart staffed checklane, provide the amount to be loaded and have the cashier swipe your Card. Load any amount from $20 to $500 for only $3.95 per load.
My guess is cash loads only, or use Moneypak, which are very rare (ie next to impossible) to buy with a CC.

Amex/Target provides the same benefit with less hassle, no monthly fees and assured CC loads.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:02 am

Agreed, as crappy as Kmart's point of sales, they got the Moneypak as cash only... if you can find Moneypak's w/ credit, there's better options than the Halogen
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:02 pm

LED? Flourescent? :P
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:58 pm

I know of one place you can buy a moneypak with a CC at
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
MoneyPak also means GD.

Assuming you find a place to sell you MoneyPaks with CC, GD will block you from loading 'any' prepaid account with too many MoneyPaks, not just their own prepaid cards.

They blocked my Serve account from accepting MoneyPaks after merely loading $3000 in the course of 3 months.

If you're willing to deal with GD aggravation, by all means go for it.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
My guess is cash loads only, or use Moneypak, which are very rare (ie next to impossible) to buy with a CC.

Amex/Target provides the same benefit with less hassle, no monthly fees and assured CC loads.
I thought Amex/Target has a $10 fee? Or is that yearly? I never really looked into Target Amex thing too much since my spending for requirements isn't too hard for me to meet.

Edit: Just checked, Target is yearly. I think I remember that you can avoid it by having limited funds in the account though. Anyone?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I thought Amex/Target has a $10 fee? Or is that yearly? I never really looked into Target Amex thing too much since my spending for requirements isn't too hard for me to meet.

Edit: Just checked, Target is yearly. I think I remember that you can avoid it by having limited funds in the account though. Anyone?
Not sure where you checked, but the info at americanexpress.com/target indicates that there's no annual or monthly fee.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mjadas
Not sure where you checked, but the info at americanexpress.com/target indicates that there's no annual or monthly fee.
I looked at the Target Amex thread, guess it needs to be updated.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:19 am
Original Poster

removed

Last edited by vinyalwhl; Feb 16, 2013 at 6:31 am
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thehawk75
MoneyPak also means GD.

Assuming you find a place to sell you MoneyPaks with CC, GD will block you from loading 'any' prepaid account with too many MoneyPaks, not just their own prepaid cards.

They blocked my Serve account from accepting MoneyPaks after merely loading $3000 in the course of 3 months.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill stick to the bean for now until it gets pulled.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:28 pm

Datapoint

Tested to see if I could load the Halogen with a Kmart GC - rejected (they said cash only) :'(

Edit: I should clarify that it was the register that blocked it (cashier thought I could).

Last edited by Pickettd; Feb 21, 2013 at 7:31 pm Reason: clarity
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Originally Posted by jm38750n
Agreed, as crappy as Kmart's point of sales, they got the Moneypak as cash only... if you can find Moneypak's w/ credit, there's better options than the Halogen
I PMed you, can you please give me some pointers on other options with MP?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:03 am

Thanks for the info. I'm curious though, how GD was able to block you.

I don't think you'll need to register MP before using and GD doesn't know your Serve account, how does GD know it is your MP card that is loading into Serve?

Originally Posted by thehawk75
MoneyPak also means GD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.