DELETED
I've been looking into it and found a cpl things I don't like - they reserve the right to voice/sms spam your phone with ads and they may do a hard pull

If it does work as claimed, I've been considering getting a pair of burner phones and givingit a shot. No way I'm giving them my real #
Quote: I've been considering getting a pair of burner phones and givingit a shot.
Get a Google Voice number.
The rhetorical question is, will individual banks treat "Venmo Payments" as a cash advance rather than a charge?

I'm guessing people that have set their CA limit to $0 on their credit cards have little to lose?
I have a venmo account and in the process of getting a new card - but i'll give this a try and report back and let you know what it comes out as.
Thanks, iluvthsgam, and welcome to FlyerTalk! I eagerly await your report
this requires an invite code. If somebody sends me one, I will be the guinea pig.
Their faq states that the max withdrawal per month is $500. Churners would best stick to shiny golden pieces.

However, I'm quite taken with this service. If you have an iphone or android phone, I encourage you to download the app. It's very useful, even if you don't already have an account.
invitation code
If anyone has an extra invitation code, please send me a PM. I'd love to sign up for Venmo.
Be careful your account is not FDIC insured. Here today gone tomorrow!!! You might want to do a little research first.
Great, just one more deal that some have already been using PRUDENTLY that will now be destroyed within a month by hordes of moochers.

There is a reason it hasn't shown up before on FT Ben, this is the wrong forum to publicize a very fragile deal.

What's the over/under on when Venmo shuts off the spigot?

I'll take by Jan 7th.
Quote: If anyone has an extra invitation code, please send me a PM. I'd love to sign up for Venmo.
A great example of mooching in action. One post, asking for a freebie.
Quote: The rhetorical question is, will individual banks treat "Venmo Payments" as a cash advance rather than a charge?

I'm guessing people that have set their CA limit to $0 on their credit cards have little to lose?
It doesn't matter what you set your cash advance limit to. Banks aren't obligated to not process a cash advance if your limit is zero and credit card charges can and are recategorized by your bank without regard to your cash advance limit.

It's been discussed many times.
But since this is going to die a quick death, PM your email address to me and I'll send you an invite.
With such a small monthly limit ... Not sure it will die that quickly.