VENMO

Old May 20, 2017, 1:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rg84
my money came back on AGC in couple of days although my account is still frozen
So I was buying AGC's on a few CC's to meet min spend. Was able to clear about $4k sending the money to myself between 2 VENMO accounts I set up. VENMO caught on but fortunately, they told me not to do it anymore, and I promised to comply. They shut down the secondary account but kept primary account open.

Will save it for a rainy day.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
So I was buying AGC's on a few CC's to meet min spend. Was able to clear about $4k sending the money to myself between 2 VENMO accounts I set up. VENMO caught on but fortunately, they told me not to do it anymore, and I promised to comply. They shut down the secondary account but kept primary account open.

sorry to hear about the shut down on seondary. any idea on what caused it? maybe pushing too much through in one transaction?
Old May 20, 2017, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cpnyc
sorry to hear about the shut down on seondary. any idea on what caused it? maybe pushing too much through in one transaction?
Very possibly. When I was doing $275 and under, they didn't catch on. But once I started doing $500 at a clip is when they busted me.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
In case anyone is interested...
AMEX PPC are free for this month on their site.

No Purchase Fees
When You Spend $200 Or More: Code MAY200
Expires 6/30/17. Shipping Fees Apply. See More.

Enjoy! -- Just wanted to share the info.
These are the ones that work with VENMO by PayPal.

XOXO
Old May 22, 2017, 1:16 pm

apologies if I missed it, but didn't see any feedback from folks who used AMEX CC to buy AGC from the AMEX portal. Does the purchase of an AGC still earn MR's or skymiles? I called them and the rep said No, I asked to doublecheck and again a No. I remain skeptical, doesn't make much sense. Can anybody confirm one way or the other from their personal experience? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
apologies if I missed it, but didn't see any feedback from folks who used AMEX CC to buy AGC from the AMEX portal. Does the purchase of an AGC still earn MR's or skymiles? I called them and the rep said No, I asked to doublecheck and again a No. I remain skeptical, doesn't make much sense. Can anybody confirm one way or the other from their personal experience? Thanks.
Got SPG points on my last billing statement for AGC
Old May 23, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by 12HRS
Got SPG points on my last billing statement for AGC
Thank you!
Old May 27, 2017, 10:27 am

Very possibly. When I was doing $275 and under, they didn't catch on. But once I started doing $500 at a clip is when they busted me.
did a little digging in their help center page. for unverified accounts, the sending limit is $299.99 weekly (rolling limit). the bank transfer limit is $999.99 per week (unverified accounts).
Old May 27, 2017, 11:49 am

Were you using them both on the same WiFi?
Old May 27, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by jnjustice94
does that raise a red flag? sometimes i'll use it to send share expenses to a roommate, and we share the internet bill.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:31 pm

New 8 card limit

Venmo have supposedly increased from 6 to 8 the number of cards allowed to be used in a 6-month period.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/venmo-...ard-limit-8-6/

However I keep getting an error message when I try to add a 7th card. Anyone had any success ?
Old May 27, 2017, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cpnyc
did a little digging in their help center page. for unverified accounts, the sending limit is $299.99 weekly (rolling limit). the bank transfer limit is $999.99 per week (unverified accounts).
Both accounts were verified

Originally Posted by jnjustice94
I was
Old May 28, 2017, 10:53 am

Both accounts were verified

I was

definitely very ymmv. i've been doing the same thing, but with unverified account, in very low quantities to meet min spend.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:19 am

I have been using Venmo to transfer large amounts of money to my wife for a while now. She still uses a CU from her hometown because we get an awesome interest rate (2.4%) and get great monthly dividends. I transferred 2999.99 a few times to her account to maximize the dividends from her CU. My first attempt at MS I bought a MCGC from a Kroger store, and after the MO was declined at the PO, I put the card into my Venmo to send to my wife, and it went through just fine. I haven't had any issues with using Venmo, but I won't use it for MS because of the card limit.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:05 pm

I wonder if Venmo is checking the amount that is being sent, or the number of debit card a user adds to their account...

edit: just read the comment about the 6 cards per 6 month policy.

Last edited by danielsan127; Jun 2, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.