Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:39 am

Is Venmo limit for amex VGC 3 per lifetime of the account still?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by AJDem
Is Venmo limit for amex VGC 3 per lifetime of the account still?
This sentence makes no sense
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
This sentence makes no sense
Sorry, is there a set limit to how many cards you can connect to a venmo account? Like if you link 3, they won't allow anymore
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:54 pm

Sorry, is there a set limit to how many cards you can connect to a venmo account? Like if you link 3, they won't allow anymore
Its a rolling window of using 6 cards per 6 months. So your max rate is 1 card/ month.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Limit of 6 cards in rolling 6 months.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:48 pm

Created a brand new Venmo account (never had one before), never before used e-mail, never before used phone number. Paid someone $2,999 immediately using business AGC; wasn't asked for any kind of verification whatsoever. Is this normal??
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by irod
Created a brand new Venmo account (never had one before), never before used e-mail, never before used phone number. Paid someone $2,999 immediately using business AGC; wasn't asked for any kind of verification whatsoever. Is this normal??
and here they froze my account after only $199 from AGC. got an email requesting id proof.

you are lucky
Old May 6, 2017, 10:17 pm

Venmo locked my account. Used AGC to send money. Was asked to provide ID, statement of card and bank account. What will happen if showing them it's AGC ? Shut down?

Originally Posted by rg84
and here they froze my account after only $199 from AGC. got an email requesting id proof.

you are lucky
Old May 6, 2017, 10:40 pm

How do you provide the card statement since you're using AGC? After validation, can you use AGC for sending back n forth again?

Originally Posted by savemone
FYI, just as a warning. I made a venmo account for AGCs, also one for wife. She loaded $200 AGC, sent me $200, I deposited in my bank account - no probs. Tried again ?few weeks later with $500 AGC. She had to verify identity and off it went. I transferred to my bank, waited for ACH, and then lo and behold both accounts were frozen. We had to both send bank statements and photos of credit cards added to account as well as promise to not load any more AGCs before they unfroze accounts (also sent state issued driver s licenses as well per their requests).

With that said, things may be different for people who have organically used Venmo, especially for a while.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:48 pm

get statement here
https://www.americanexpress.com/myg

and show them the email which proves you bough the gc.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by RADUCU05
get statement here
https://www.americanexpress.com/myg

and show them the email which proves you bough the gc.
this link doesnt work
Old May 10, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rg84
this link doesnt work
https://www.americanexpress.com/mygift
Old May 11, 2017, 5:32 pm

The AGC sender's Venmo (my 2nd account) has been frozen with $299 in it. The last time I sent in my info, they didn't unfreeze me. What will happen if I try to send it again since I want to withdraw the $299? I just want the money refunded into my AGC, I don't even want them to unfreeze. It's messed up how they can hold your money hostage...
Old May 15, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Rubinae
The AGC sender's Venmo (my 2nd account) has been frozen with $299 in it. The last time I sent in my info, they didn't unfreeze me. What will happen if I try to send it again since I want to withdraw the $299? I just want the money refunded into my AGC, I don't even want them to unfreeze. It's messed up how they can hold your money hostage...
I understand you frustrated, but I'm pretty sure what youre doing is against their ToS. It not like they HAVE to let you MS. Have you tried calling/emailing? What did they say?
Old May 17, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rubinae
my money came back on AGC in couple of days although my account is still frozen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.