FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

sam_goh Dec 12, 2012 7:42 am

lol..... so I tried to do a payment last night while I was tired and fat fingered the expiration on my discover. Tried to do it a few times and got payments failed and discover account locked after the 3rd try.

So this morning, discover calls, and we are trying to get everything squared away. Rep also says "oh btw, I've noticed you haven't used your card in a long time....." I'm bracing for the cancellation or stern notice but she goes on to say "just wanted to ask why you picked your card today, is it for the rewards?" After affirming that she continues "ok just so you know you are signed up for 5% cashback this quarter for department stores and online purchases, so anything you do through Amazon or Paypal will get you cash back this quarter".

Why thank you ma'am! :)

ma91pmh Dec 12, 2012 8:08 am

interesting. though amazon payments does not show up the same as regular amazon.com. but might be nice way to make some easy money!

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 12, 2012 8:12 am

Call the faux legal messages Cardinal Fang's warning shot. Except he never fires anything but heretics.:D

And folks please keep the tradecraft in PM because all the noise is hurting the ears of the clergy.:cool:

Originally Posted by caGALINDO (Post 19841766)
Its not required they just make it 'look' required.

js80 Dec 12, 2012 2:29 pm

I recently opened an AP account for my under 18 daughter so that I could do A>B>C>A instead of the A>B>A I have been doing for the past several months. Had no problem initially opening the account, but it quickly was blocked with the message that the T&C prohibit accounts for people under 18.

With all new account openings requiring an SS#, I doubt there is a workaround for this, but thought I'd inquire to see what if anything others have done.

PedroNY Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm

that message pops up every month, there is a nifty 'x' button in the upper right corner of that message, if you press it, it goes away.

Cheers,

PedroNY

DaveInLA Dec 13, 2012 12:14 am

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been addressed earlier, but I haven't had the chance to read the whole thread (yet). Can gift cards (Visa, AMEX, MC) be used to send money via AMZN Payments?

cardinalkid1891 Dec 13, 2012 4:39 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 19847793)
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been addressed earlier, but I haven't had the chance to read the whole thread (yet). Can gift cards (Visa, AMEX, MC) be used to send money via AMZN Payments?

When you get the chance to read the thread, you'll get your answer. This has probably been one of the most discussed topics of this thread.

TravelMutt Dec 13, 2012 6:05 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 19842244)
interesting. though amazon payments does not show up the same as regular amazon.com. but might be nice way to make some easy money!

Amazon Payments comes up as "Shipping" when I use my Amex Gold Business, and I get double-points. ;)

NYBanker Dec 13, 2012 6:14 am

Originally Posted by TravelMutt (Post 19848643)
Amazon Payments comes up as "Shipping" when I use my Amex Gold Business, and I get double-points. ;)

Interesting. Thanks. :)

NYBanker Dec 13, 2012 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 19847793)

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891 (Post 19848395)
When you get the chance to read the thread, you'll get your answer. This has probably been one of the most discussed topics of this thread.

Yes is a shorter answer.

DaveInLA... Welcome to the thread. :)

brewernq Dec 13, 2012 8:05 am

Originally Posted by js80 (Post 19844940)
I recently opened an AP account for my under 18 daughter so that I could do A>B>C>A instead of the A>B>A I have been doing for the past several months. Had no problem initially opening the account, but it quickly was blocked with the message that the T&C prohibit accounts for people under 18.

With all new account openings requiring an SS#, I doubt there is a workaround for this, but thought I'd inquire to see what if anything others have done.

I have 3 accounts (myself, wife, son). Do you think it is OK to link the SAME bank account on two of those?

shoreline Dec 13, 2012 9:03 am

Originally Posted by js80 (Post 19844940)

find a person over the age of 18; of course, not just any person or other legitimate ways to use the funds (i.e. send to college kids for school expenses--which would be my advice^, etc.)

shoreline Dec 13, 2012 9:04 am

Originally Posted by brewernq (Post 19849163)
I have 3 accounts (myself, wife, son). Do you think it is OK to link the SAME bank account on two of those?

no. probably not a great idea.

shoreline Dec 13, 2012 9:08 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY (Post 19845209)
that message pops up every month, there is a nifty 'x' button in the upper right corner of that message, if you press it, it goes away.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Too bad this doesn't work for the SS# request / demand.:D

DaveInLA Dec 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I just added my checking acct and driver license number. When sending money to an email address, I take it the other email address has to be registered to AP as well?

As an aside, I know some members create multiple accounts (more than there are family members/friends). The limited factor as I see it is the SSN. I know some members make up SSN to create more accounts. Is there any reason this will cause problems? I know the law requires AP to get our SSN, but since there's no credit pull, I don't see why Amazon will need to run it.