Amazon Payments

Subscribe
Quote: What you call “peers” have inflicted more damage on this community then any bank ever has. BOA. Citi, Chase and many others have been very good to me and would guess to you also.
+1 We are sitting on one side of the Bar and they the other . Like comparing
Prosecutors to Defense Attornys IMHO
Prosecutors? Defense Attorneys? Blah - they all taste the same when you are feeding sharks.

Quote: +1 We are sitting on one side of the Bar and they the other . Like comparing
Prosecutors to Defense Attornys IMHO
Quote: On the first post of the Wells Fargo prepaid thread, OP mentions:

"Citibank - CASH ADVANCE
BofA - Sale
Chase - Sale"

Can someone confirm if certain card issuers do not process AP as a sale? PM is fine if this has already been discussed, but I'm in the process of scouring the thread as I post this, and haven't seen the answer.

Thanks
Post on May 1
Quote: Damn, used my BA Chase card for amazon payments and was slapped with $32 cash advance fee. ...? Thank You Citi card didn't show any "fees" for amazon.
Quote: Prosecutors? Defense Attorneys? Blah - they all taste the same when you are feeding sharks.
I just like to point out when a leapard is trying to change his spots.
Can a leopard change his spots? -- Jeremiah 13:23

Let he without spots cast the first leopard. -- Brian 20:20

Quote: I just like to point out when a leapard is trying to change his spots.
Has AZ ever shut down accounts before for adding or having too many credit cards linked to it? Like Paypal does for example...
Quote: Has AZ ever shut down accounts before for adding or having too many credit cards linked to it? Like Paypal does for example...
I already have 10+ cc's linked to my amazon account. I've used them to buy stuff from amazon.com. All those cards automatically show up as an option in Amazon payments, so I doubt they will shut you down for linking too many credit cards.

How does amazon payments make money? I think I need to mix in some activities that ships them some money just to balance things out.
I don't pretend to know Amazon's view of this particular product, but I will observe that Amazon's business model involves making huge investments to become everything to every consumer. Remember how one time they were just a purveyor of mail-order books? Then books and movies? Now, everything, to the point where they have big-box stores shaking in their boots.

There are plenty of market segments where Amazon is investing big-time in becoming the market leader, even at the expense of short-run profits. I don't know what synergies they see between the payments business and the retailing business, but I know this, Jeff Bezos is a hell of a lot richer than I am, and he didn't get that way (at least so far) except by having more products work out well than badly.
Funny AP shows up when it hits my Citi account:

Amazon Payments- XXX

then the following advertising:

Need to simplify your finances? A Balance Transfer can help.
I think Amazon's plan is to get Amazon Payments up and running.

People will try it out and like what they find. When they get a good market share, I would not be surprised if they start charging fees.

Quote: I don't pretend to know Amazon's view of this particular product, but I will observe that Amazon's business model involves making huge investments to become everything to every consumer. Remember how one time they were just a purveyor of mail-order books? Then books and movies? Now, everything, to the point where they have big-box stores shaking in their boots.

There are plenty of market segments where Amazon is investing big-time in becoming the market leader, even at the expense of short-run profits. I don't know what synergies they see between the payments business and the retailing business, but I know this, Jeff Bezos is a hell of a lot richer than I am, and he didn't get that way (at least so far) except by having more products work out well than badly.
They're not making much traction with this one, though. AP isn't anywhere close to PayPal yet, and they seem to be falling behind as PayPal expands into offline payments and other market segments. Just about the only thing I know people use AP for regularly is to generate spend on their CCs for cashback and bonuses.
Quote: Funny AP shows up when it hits my Citi account:

Amazon Payments- XXX

then the following advertising:

Need to simplify your finances? A Balance Transfer can help.
Which Citi card is that?
Quote: Which Citi card is that?
Citi AA Visa...
So is AP down for everyone, or just me?
Down for me too.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
12  52  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  72  112  162