FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

ma91pmh Nov 4, 2012 6:28 am

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 19621040)
I need to meet the minimum spending requirements on American Express SPG. Have anyone used SPG on Amazon payments? Will they consider as Cash Advance or Sale? Please help me.
Thanks.

not cash advance you're fine

ramamosn Nov 4, 2012 7:38 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 19621058)
not cash advance you're fine

Thank you.

sunshine-state Nov 4, 2012 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 19621040)
I need to meet the minimum spending requirements on American Express SPG. Have anyone used SPG on Amazon payments? Will they consider as Cash Advance or Sale? Please help me.
Thanks.

I've been using Amazon and Bluebird to reach my minimum spend on my SPG Amex, and both have worked great!

Astrophsx Nov 4, 2012 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine-state (Post 19624464)
I've been using Amazon and Bluebird to reach my minimum spend on my SPG Amex, and both have worked great!

I can only suggest this, but most probably feel that everything you need to know has already been posted or you can PM an active member in this forum.

Flying under the radar also means not updating your successes. Better to keep this thread not as popular and only post when something goes wrong. I can't stop you from posting, but just my opinion. I'm sure you can google anything you need to know from blogs or other web forums if it's not on here.

steventravel Nov 4, 2012 7:04 pm

PM

Feel free to PM me directly with any questions you may have regarding this topic.

QL_714 Nov 5, 2012 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 19624558)
Flying under the radar also means not updating your successes. Better to keep this thread not as popular and only post when something goes wrong. I can't stop you from posting, but just my opinion. I'm sure you can google anything you need to know from blogs or other web forums if it's not on here.

This is pretty funny coming from the guy who posted step by step instructions on how to use Amex GC's at the mint so he could get BC referrals. Did you find religion?

ETA: Here is the thread that killed Amex GC's working at the mint.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-not-work.html

AlohaDaveKennedy Nov 5, 2012 5:42 am

Lets keep the funny business to the business at hand. Why indict peers, when we have institutions to indict, like, say, Bank of America, for mortgage fraud.:D

Originally Posted by QL_714 (Post 19626326)
This is pretty funny coming from the guy who posted step by step instructions on how to use Amex GC's at the mint so he could get BC referrals. Did you find religion?

ETA: Here is the thread that killed Amex GC's working at the mint.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-not-work.html

QL_714 Nov 5, 2012 5:47 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 19626371)
Lets keep the funny business to the business at hand. Why indict peers, when we have institutions to indict, like, say, Bank of America, for mortgage fraud.:D

What you call “peers” have inflicted more damage on this community then any bank ever has. BOA. Citi, Chase and many others have been very good to me and would guess to you also. ;)

jamesteroh Nov 5, 2012 7:09 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 19626371)

^

jk2 Nov 5, 2012 8:15 am

Has anybody experienced this? Tried to send money to my friend, went through all steps and press "submit". Then I was transferred to the first step (where you select to whom and how much you send). I thought I pressed "cancel" instead of "submit" and repeated this. Got the them outcome. I checked my account limits and see that "sending" limit has decreased on the amounts I "sent". But I didn't send anything, my CC is not charged.

I'm afraid to contact AP. Is it a glitch or my account is suspended?

SGJazz Nov 5, 2012 8:31 am

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 19627076)
Has anybody experienced this? Tried to send money to my friend, went through all steps and press "submit". Then I was transferred to the first step (where you select to whom and how much you send). I thought I pressed "cancel" instead of "submit" and repeated this. Got the them outcome. I checked my account limits and see that "sending" limit has decreased on the amounts I "sent". But I didn't send anything, my CC is not charged.

I had a similar situation. Sent A>B and is failed. Seconds later I realized I put in the wrong expiration for the card. For about 10 minutes B showed lowered monthly limit. The limit went back to the correct amount quickly.

SG

jk2 Nov 5, 2012 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz (Post 19627181)
I had a similar situation. Sent A>B and is failed. Seconds later I realized I put in the wrong expiration for the card. For about 10 minutes B showed lowered monthly limit. The limit went back to the correct amount quickly.

SG

I checked my card and everything looks good (number, expiration date). I even tried to use CC I used before last month and got the same problem. Now my "send limit" is 0, but nothing sent. I guess I'll wait 24 hours and then contact AP, if nothing changes.

mikeef Nov 5, 2012 10:06 am

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 19627227)
I checked my card and everything looks good (number, expiration date). I even tried to use CC I used before last month and got the same problem. Now my "send limit" is 0, but nothing sent. I guess I'll wait 24 hours and then contact AP, if nothing changes.

Happened to me. 24 hours later, all was fine.

Mike

AlohaDaveKennedy Nov 5, 2012 11:07 am

Peers as in mileage obtainers.:p I do agree that there has been self destructive / deal destructive behavior. I do agree that Citi and Chase have been good us all. But I have wasted too many hours now dealing with the failed internal controls and systems at BoA (over in the credit card systems) to cut that institution any slack. They may be too big to fail, but they are not too big to burn at the stake. Got any marshmellows QL_714? Time for this cardinal to make some SMORES!:D

10/24

Federal prosecutors sued Bank of America for $1 billion on Wednesday, alleging that the bank's former Countrywide unit concocted a mortgage scheme it called the "Hustle" in order to sell thousands of fraudulent and otherwise defective mortgage loans to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

"In order to increase the speed at which it originated and sold loans ... Countrywide eliminated every single checkpoint on loan quality and compensated its employees solely based on the volume of loans originated," the lawsuit, filed in Manhattan federal district court, alleges.

Originally Posted by QL_714 (Post 19626381)
What you call “peers” have inflicted more damage on this community then any bank ever has. BOA. Citi, Chase and many others have been very good to me and would guess to you also. ;)

StephenW Nov 5, 2012 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 19627076)

Experienced it with a payment that was attempted to be sent to me a few days ago. Both sender and receiver limits went down but there was no transaction. Waited a day and all was back to normal - processed transaction again and it went through fine.