FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

skibum7732 Jul 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Everything you ever wanted to know about AP
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-payments.html

Mods please merge this into the AP thread

Mamibear Jul 20, 2014 6:03 am

Originally Posted by trueflyer123 (Post 23224634)
Just applied for chase sapphire preferred credit card & I must spend $3000 in 3 months to receive the sigh-in bonus of 40,000 miles. Here is my concern

Myself is the working person with full time job. The card is in my name & wife is added as an authorized user. After doing lot of research I have come to know that "Amazon Payment" is the most effective way to fulfill the $3000 spending requirement. My questions are:

1) Can I create an "Amazon Payment" for my wife on my own? Obviously we live together & share same address. Wife will never ever send me money (I will be the one who will do the work).

2) I will send $1000 each month to wife's "Amazon Payment" account & then will transfer the money to our joint HSBC checking account. If there any rules I must follow while transferring money to checking account? To be safe I will wait 1 week after "Amazon Payment" to "Amazon Payment" transaction.

3) I understand I need to provide wife's SSN to open "Amazon Payment" account. Will this cause any concerning when we file taxes end of the year? Wife a housewife with $0 income & she is my dependent.

4) Opening up "Amazon Payment" account just to meet the credit card minimum spending require is something I have done before & a bit worried thinking whether or not we will run into any problem in future with IRS?

5) I will opening out account at the same time after receiving the card. Will that raise any concern with Amazon or Chase or IRS?

At the end, I will close by myself saying that I will never even transfer more than $1000 between out "Amazon Payment" accounts & To be safe I will wait 1 week after "Amazon Payment" to "Amazon Payment" transaction. Please guide me if I am missing anything or breaking the Law. Any guidance or tips will be extremely appreciated.

Many Thanks In Advance.

I think everything looks good.

just know that for her to be able to withdraw funds to her bank acct, you will have to link to a bank acct whether business or personal. If you choose business, you will be asked to enter your EIN; if you click the personal account, you will be asked for her DL # and state it was issued. Then if your bank allows instant verification where you type in your userID and PW to your bank acct online (I do NOT recommended this), your bank account will be verified instantly. It doesn't take long to verify via the regular process (takes 1 to 2 days) where you enter the routing number of your bank plus your acct number. AP will deposit 2 small amounts and once you verify those deposits, she can then withdraw the amount you sent her to your joint bank account.

Good luck!

heta Jul 20, 2014 8:07 am

anyone doing AP from abroad?

My permanent home is US but currently living north of the border. I have US address, SSN and long credit history. I am currently trying to open AP account but not being successful. (I am going through the verification process to open the AP account, and my fax/emails are being sent from abroad)

Is there anyone using AP from abroad? I have read somewhere that they don't like foreign IP but I can't find concrete info on this.

shenxing Jul 20, 2014 8:54 am

Originally Posted by heta (Post 23226197)
My permanent home is US but currently living north of the border. I have US address, SSN and long credit history. I am currently trying to open AP account but not being successful. (I am going through the verification process to open the AP account, and my fax/emails are being sent from abroad)

Is there anyone using AP from abroad? I have read somewhere that they don't like foreign IP but I can't find concrete info on this.

Do you have access to a US IP through an VPN?

queensgambit Jul 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Is there a way to use the AP $1k/mo as a single person? I don't have a wife/family member to game this with, but I have several businesses? Looks like creating a 2nd AP account for a business is not an option (requires SSN).

J4Jets Jul 22, 2014 11:08 pm

Here's my situation:

I have an account for me and one for my wife. Same address and same joint bank account, different personal info of course, with SSNs.

I created four other accounts for my parents and two sisters. All of them share the address (different from mine) with, again, different personal info (name, ssn, dob). I used one bank account for them, though it was different from mine.

Three accounts shut down in one day (mine, wifes, and moms). When I called to find out, they said "I had multiple accounts, trying to enhance the $1k spending limit". I told the lady I only have one account, feel free to check. She told me to send an email to [email protected].

Anyone had any luck opening an account that they claimed to have had multiple accounts, even though I don't? What should be the next step? I was pretty happy with the $6k spend a month for free.

Lumpylump76 Jul 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by J4Jets (Post 23241270)
Here's my situation:

I have an account for me and one for my wife. Same address and same join bank account, different personal info of course, with SSNs.

I created four other accounts for my parents and two sisters. All of them share the address with, again, different personal info (name, ssn, dob). I used one bank account of them, though it was different from mine.

Three accounts shut down in one day (mine, wifes, and moms). When I called to find out, they said "I had multiple accounts, trying to enhance the $1k spending limit". I told the lady I only have one account, feel free to check. She told me to send an email to [email protected].

Anyone had any luck opening an account that they claimed to have had multiple accounts, even though I don't? What should be the next step? I was pretty happy with the $6k spend a month for free.

Hmmm, from your post, You created 6 accounts, and used them to generate 6k of spend a month. Yet you don't have multiple accounts? I'm not sure you are going to convince anyone of that.

J4Jets Jul 23, 2014 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 23241304)
Hmmm, from your post, You created 6 accounts, and used them to generate 6k of spend a month. Yet you don't have multiple accounts? I'm not sure you are going to convince anyone of that.

6 different people, with different SSN, and DoB. Everything I entered was correct. I may use (have used?) 6 accounts, but they all have their own credit cards. I don't see why that would be considered multiple accounts, unless they are restricting the number of accounts to one per household rather than one per person.

levander Jul 23, 2014 2:04 am

Originally Posted by J4Jets (Post 23241433)
6 different people, with different SSN, and DoB. Everything I entered was correct. I may use (have used?) 6 accounts, but they all have their own credit cards. I don't see why that would be considered multiple accounts, unless they are restricting the number of accounts to one per household rather than one per person.

Per household could be the same thing as per IP address... So maybe per household and then they see that lo and behold, $1K went around in a circle between these six people all with the same IP address...

What would make it even more obvious is if you used not only the same computer, but also the same browser for all six people. Web sites can easily put what they call a cookie in your browser, and then when all six people have the same cookie...

I don't care either way. I see your point. But I can also see Amazon blurring the lines a little because of a money transfer pattern they notice...

echip Jul 23, 2014 9:25 am

This is the problem:

Originally Posted by J4Jets (Post 23241270)
Here's my situation:

I have an account for me and one for my wife. Same address and same joint bank account, different personal info of course, with SSNs.

I created four other accounts for my parents and two sisters. All of them share the address (different from mine) with, again, different personal info (name, ssn, dob). I used one bank account for them, though it was different from mine.

J4Jets Jul 23, 2014 11:52 am

Originally Posted by echip (Post 23243393)
This is the problem:

Yeah I realized that after reading this thread. Didn't even know this thread existed until yesterday. Was about to open a Serve account so Im doing my complete hw before I dive in to that now though. Any idea if anyone has had any success getting their AP account reopened?

smoothmunkey Jul 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by J4Jets (Post 23244319)
Yeah I realized that after reading this thread. Didn't even know this thread existed until yesterday. Was about to open a Serve account so Im doing my complete hw before I dive in to that now though. Any idea if anyone has had any success getting their AP account reopened?

There are reports earlier in this thread of an account or two being reopened. It seems to be the exception, rather than the rule. Some posted that waiting certain periods of time may be helpful.

Let us know what happens.

jcm55a Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Question about using AP (and a credit card to get points) and rent:

I'm the primary on the credit card (with spouse as authorized user) and have a joint checking account with my spouse. My spouse also has own checking without my name.

Can I use AP to send $ to my spouse's personal checking account using the credit card as payment without raising any red flags?

smoothmunkey Jul 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by jcm55a (Post 23252020)
Can I use AP to send $ to my spouse's personal checking account using the credit card as payment without raising any red flags?

Maybe. Some have been executed for less heinous offenses. Can't hurt to try...

queensgambit Jul 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 21756332)
Have been doing A>B>C>A no problem (from different computers in the same office).

I'm planning to do this with brother and mother (3 accounts total, all same last name). Will use different browser per user and different bank account (and of course different personal info eg DOB / SNN). Will I most likely be fine?