Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcdullhk88
Dead as of 10/13/14

Additionally, we have updated the terms and conditions of our User Agreement (https://payments.amazon.com/help/Personal-Accounts/User-Agreement-Policies/User-Agreement) that apply to your use of the products and services provided by Amazon Payments. Our updated User Agreement revises certain terms (including, among other things, the elimination of person-to-person payments). Our new User Agreement will become effective on October 13, 2014, which is more than 30 days from when we first posted our updated User Agreement. By continuing to use our services after October 13, 2014, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of our new User Agreement.
FAQ's

Is Amazon Payments treated as a cash advance? No CC issuer has been reported as treating an AP transaction as a cash advance unless the sender selected "Payment is for Cash Advance" on the Send Money screen.
What does it mean when your payment is "pending"? Your payment will be reviewed. We are unsure whether this review is done by a human or computer. It should take less than 24 hours but is usually within minutes.
How should you describe your payment? "Goods or services" will allow you to charge with a CC and it will not be treated as a cash advance. Note: If you choose cash advance, it may be treated as such by your CC issuer; always choose Goods/Services. There is no reason to put anything in the optional description field - leave it blank.
What is the monthly limit for sending CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What is the monthly limit for receiving CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What if it is not allowing me to send/receive more than $500 or any at all? You probably have not verified your bank and/or added a CC. In order to get the full $1,000 allowance for sending and receiving you must have a bank verified AND a CC added to your account as a payment method.
Does AP qualify for special spending categories? Specifically it qualifies for Discover's (usually 4th quarter) category of online purchases but so far, not Chase's "5% CB on Amazon.com purchases." Refer to thread for other options.
Can you get shutdown? Yes.
How do you get shutdown? No one knows. Anecdotes are found throughout the thread. Some suspicious behavior that MIGHT get your AP account(s) shut down is listed below.
Which transaction is most advisable? A -> B -> C -> A (see here)
Are any fees charged during this process? No, not by Amazon Payments. If your transaction is treated as a cash advance by your card issuer--fees are possible. Beware and always double check that goods/services is selected!
Can you liquidate Amazon GC via AP? NO!
Can you liquidate other gift cards via AP? Yes. Note that you cannot liquidate the full value of a GC because amazon places a $1 hold while it verifies the validity of the GC. You can sometimes (not always) avoid the hold by entering an incorrect expiration date for the GC when adding it to your AP account, and after you have added it, go to "Edit my account settings," then to "Add edit or delete my credit cards" and edit the expiration date there.
When does the month end? It appears as if Amazon is on pacific time, so midnight PDT/PST is when the month resets.

It bears repeating that no one knows the methodology amazon uses to police AP transactions, determines which transactions violate its T&Cs, or identifies violators. However, various people in this thread and elsewhere have confirmed that their AP account(s) were shut down for the following reasons:
  • Associating one credit card number with more than one AP account (Be Careful if authorized user card has the same number as the primary card holder - in some instances the CC numbers are completely different)
  • Associating one bank account with more than one AP account
Print Wikipost

Amazon Payments

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Not a good idea - most work for free - you don't want to start a trend here.
LOL. I know a few married guys whose wives accumulate plenty of charges on their Am Ex card without needing more charges incurred
Old May 31, 2012, 10:31 am

Not a good idea - most work for free - you don't want to start a trend here.
LOL!!!! I am not really paying her. The payment will go to our joint a/c from my cc.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAdbaCO-Silver, DL-Kryptonium Med, AA-Silver
Originally Posted by phantomtiger
Best that this thread fade away as to keep AP active for all to use. Too much abuse and further blogging of this will eventually lead to crackdowns and close this for all.
BTW: all that is needed to play the AP game is already written and repeated here over and over again. Suggest all just to read what is already posted and keep AP under the radar.
I totally agree. Nothing new has been said in at least a week. Everything anyone wants to know is either available of AP FAQ, here and in other threads like and most of Blogs have covered it some detail as well.

How do we get the moderator to close this down?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by YouDontKnowMe
How do we get the moderator to close this down?
Best to keep this open as a misdirection.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:35 am

Load with A-GC?

I suppose this would be the holy grail for this process, but is there any way to load a balance into your account from a Amaz GC? The only options I see are to connect to your bank account.

Last edited by 96MustangGT; Jun 1, 2012 at 5:36 am Reason: Added question mark to title to add clarity to post.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: Several dozen
Not really paying her, huh? So how was your stay last night at chien de la maison?

(QL_714 Next time NPR wants to fish for a story, hope they enjoy wading through alot of water.)

Originally Posted by koolr
LOL!!!! I am not really paying her. The payment will go to our joint a/c from my cc.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:58 am

Not really paying her, huh? So how was your stay last night at chien de la maison?

(QL_714 Next time NPR wants to fish for a story, hope they enjoy wading through alot of water.)
ADK: I didn't know alots could swim!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by 96MustangGT
I suppose this would be the holy grail for this process, but is there any way to load a balance into your account from a Amaz GC? The only options I see are to connect to your bank account.
Great question! Anyone have an answer (no fish stories )?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

June 1. Just saying.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
June 1. Just saying.
Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
Thanks for the update.
For how long?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Today, I tried to send a payment to an account without SSN verified and received the following message: "Your transaction was declined and please contact customer service". I did the same thing the previous months without any problems. Then, I sent another payment from the same account to another account with SSN verified using the same credit card and it went through. So it means the account without SSN verified can't receive payments any more?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UAdbaCO-Silver, DL-Kryptonium Med, AA-Silver
For those of you participating on this thread that are new to AP or wondering how far you can push the limits of the program without getting shutdown, please feel free to PM me. The only requirement I am imposing is that the information I give you doesn't make it back into this thread. I will show you how it works and scales, the rest is up to you. DO NOT BE GREEDY or we all suffer
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:22 am

Anyone else I can PM my questions to? I PM'ed YouDontKnowMe a couple weeks ago but haven't heard back. Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:18 am

Same here. Didn't respond as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.