Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcdullhk88
Dead as of 10/13/14

Additionally, we have updated the terms and conditions of our User Agreement (https://payments.amazon.com/help/Personal-Accounts/User-Agreement-Policies/User-Agreement) that apply to your use of the products and services provided by Amazon Payments. Our updated User Agreement revises certain terms (including, among other things, the elimination of person-to-person payments). Our new User Agreement will become effective on October 13, 2014, which is more than 30 days from when we first posted our updated User Agreement. By continuing to use our services after October 13, 2014, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of our new User Agreement.
FAQ's

Is Amazon Payments treated as a cash advance? No CC issuer has been reported as treating an AP transaction as a cash advance unless the sender selected "Payment is for Cash Advance" on the Send Money screen.
What does it mean when your payment is "pending"? Your payment will be reviewed. We are unsure whether this review is done by a human or computer. It should take less than 24 hours but is usually within minutes.
How should you describe your payment? "Goods or services" will allow you to charge with a CC and it will not be treated as a cash advance. Note: If you choose cash advance, it may be treated as such by your CC issuer; always choose Goods/Services. There is no reason to put anything in the optional description field - leave it blank.
What is the monthly limit for sending CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What is the monthly limit for receiving CC payments? $1,000 per calendar month per AP account
What if it is not allowing me to send/receive more than $500 or any at all? You probably have not verified your bank and/or added a CC. In order to get the full $1,000 allowance for sending and receiving you must have a bank verified AND a CC added to your account as a payment method.
Does AP qualify for special spending categories? Specifically it qualifies for Discover's (usually 4th quarter) category of online purchases but so far, not Chase's "5% CB on Amazon.com purchases." Refer to thread for other options.
Can you get shutdown? Yes.
How do you get shutdown? No one knows. Anecdotes are found throughout the thread. Some suspicious behavior that MIGHT get your AP account(s) shut down is listed below.
Which transaction is most advisable? A -> B -> C -> A (see here)
Are any fees charged during this process? No, not by Amazon Payments. If your transaction is treated as a cash advance by your card issuer--fees are possible. Beware and always double check that goods/services is selected!
Can you liquidate Amazon GC via AP? NO!
Can you liquidate other gift cards via AP? Yes. Note that you cannot liquidate the full value of a GC because amazon places a $1 hold while it verifies the validity of the GC. You can sometimes (not always) avoid the hold by entering an incorrect expiration date for the GC when adding it to your AP account, and after you have added it, go to "Edit my account settings," then to "Add edit or delete my credit cards" and edit the expiration date there.
When does the month end? It appears as if Amazon is on pacific time, so midnight PDT/PST is when the month resets.

It bears repeating that no one knows the methodology amazon uses to police AP transactions, determines which transactions violate its T&Cs, or identifies violators. However, various people in this thread and elsewhere have confirmed that their AP account(s) were shut down for the following reasons:
  • Associating one credit card number with more than one AP account (Be Careful if authorized user card has the same number as the primary card holder - in some instances the CC numbers are completely different)
  • Associating one bank account with more than one AP account
Print Wikipost

Amazon Payments

Old May 31, 2014, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
OT but is it wrong to say the more AP accounts I get, the more I end up at the AP home page and the more I want to bang that blonde woman?
Old May 31, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by ponickka
Anyone got the pending status? First time it happens to me...should I worried?
You'll be fine.

Until they shut you down...

Originally Posted by payeco
OT but is it wrong to say the more AP accounts I get, the more I end up at the AP home page and the more I want to bang that blonde woman?
Old May 31, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
I've used the same CC across my A-F accounts. lol....
but u r unique..we knew that

don't drink and make AP at the same time. After the certain amount any female looks attractive
Old May 31, 2014, 10:11 pm

this is normal. don't worry. all of us got this at some point in time.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:41 pm

I get pending all the time. Infact I've never had one transaction that went thru without pending. It all clears sometimes within a few minutes and most often after several hours.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:55 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by f0xx
Originally Posted by MaineCoon
don't drink and make AP at the same time. After the certain amount any female looks attractive
hilarious
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FTRox87
hilarious

Ubiquitous United ad lady appears to be watching over this conversation jealously.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
All 5 Amazon accounts suspended....argggg
it was a long good run....
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Sucks.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
having 5 - why you whining when you broke the rules
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by kingrat
having 5 - why you whining when you broke the rules
B/c they were 5 separate accounts with 5 separate real ssn.
And never a circle back...
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:23 am

Meh.
Stuff happens. Move onto the next thing.
Finished my last AP transfers last night....
Onto more today.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:17 am

Interesting, i also got the pending status on 2 credit card transfers, with each message that says "we are unable to complete your transaction until pending review". First time I've seen this message in 18 months of using this Amazon Payments account. I don't think the problem is with the credit card since i used one card last month on AP without any problems. I do have another AP account with the same SSN though. Looks like it might be the beginning of the end for me.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by changger1
Interesting, i also got the pending status on 2 credit card transfers, with each message that says "we are unable to complete your transaction until pending review". First time I've seen this message in 18 months of using this Amazon Payments account. I don't think the problem is with the credit card since i used one card last month on AP without any problems. I do have another AP account with the same SSN though. Looks like it might be the beginning of the end for me.
Don't panic.

Happens all the time.

There is 75% chance that funds get released in less than 6 hours.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by changger1
This happened to me last night.... On a new AP account.

It happens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.