FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

ericdabbs Apr 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 22729575)
The A--B--A is well-known to cause shutdowns and concensus is that A--B--C--A works, but what if A and B live in the same address? For example, me to my wife to my sister, then back to me? Same address, different bank accounts.

I don't think A-B-C-A is the only foolproof way. We don't know the criteria.

sharka Apr 20, 2014 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 22730085)
I don't think A-B-C-A is the only foolproof way. We don't know the criteria.

So true, but better to play it safe now as Amz seems to be doing random checks and closing down accts. Some members have reported being checked by Amz and told them they were using Amz pay strictly for miles and got shut down.
Also my own family members were shut down after 6 mths for doing A-B-A back and forth sending. So yes they do check and with more people doing Amz now, (and some abusing the system) its just a matter of time before they get more restrictive.

Stgermainparis Apr 20, 2014 9:21 am

I've sent AP to my spouse using a visa. All was fine. I want to MS using a different card now, but it is actually in his name. If I send him an AP using an Amex that is issued in his name (and is in both our regular Amazon accounts for purchasing), does anyone think that will get flagged?

hornagain Apr 20, 2014 11:25 am

There maybe better ways but for three accounts (just two with credit cards) I use:

A (MS) to B to withdraw
B (MS) to C
C to A to withdraw

Stgermainparis Apr 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Does anyone have AP for child <18 in household?

f0xx Apr 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 22734256)

Only if you want to send in their ID and at some point explain why someone <18 is pushing $1K a month.

I said earlier in this thread that Amazon soft pulls your CR. EX or EQ. Can't remember.

ericdabbs Apr 21, 2014 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 22734256)

If you want to use your kids < 18 to MS then go for it. If you don't care about why a 6 year old is pulling in $12K year then why should you worry.

f0xx Apr 21, 2014 11:10 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 22736628)
If you want to use your kids < 18 to MS then go for it. If you don't care about why a 6 year old is pulling in $12K year then why should you worry.

And/or if you push it too hard, giving your <18 y/o a 1099K. :cool:

You know... Setting him up with Uncle Sam early.

shawntobi Apr 21, 2014 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 22732238)
I've sent AP to my spouse using a visa. All was fine. I want to MS using a different card now, but it is actually in his name. If I send him an AP using an Amex that is issued in his name (and is in both our regular Amazon accounts for purchasing), does anyone think that will get flagged?

Anyone know the answer to the above.

I have a similar question. I want to use my card credit card on the girlfriends account to send money to me.

IE 1k from me to her.....on one credit card in my name. let her liquidate it.

then use a different card to send 1k from her account to mine(Card in my name) then I would liquidate that.

Note: she has a different address.

Basically, just looking to generate 2k in MS a month.

Does this work?

f0xx Apr 21, 2014 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi (Post 22736985)

I have a similar question. I want to use my card credit card on the girlfriends account to send money to me.

then use a different card to send 1k from her account to mine(Card in my name) then I would liquidate that.

Does this work?

Sure.
A > B
B > A

Not sure how long you'll be able to keep it up.
$1K back and forth.

deant Apr 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Does this work?

Let me get this right. You want to send money from A to B but the card is in B name. Then send B to A with another card that is in B name.

Suspect that will get flagged fairly quickly because the name on the CC matches the name that the money is being sent TO. Plus it is an A-B-A transaction.

Stgermainparis Apr 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 22736628)

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22736928)
And/or if you push it too hard, giving your <18 y/o a 1099K. :cool:

You know... Setting him up with Uncle Sam early.

Actually, my 14 year old will be mowing lawns during the summer and this seemed like a great way for the neighbors, who never have cash, to pay him. And he loses every check he gets. But yeah, I don't want to get him flagged. I guess I could have neighbors pay me this way and I cash out to him. I'd just like to make him more independent.

Stgermainparis Apr 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Does this work?

In your case the issue isn't the cc; the issue is that you are circulating the $1000 between just 2 accounts. That's one of the main reasons people get shut down. You need to get a third account in there, like so: A > B > C > A

newbynewbynew Apr 21, 2014 3:10 pm

NO ONE knows what AP's shutdown strategy is. Some people get shutdown for one thing, but others continue to do that SAME thing and are fine. Just find your comfort, do it until you eventually get shutdown. I've used same CC number across several accounts and never had an issue, but some do and get shutdown. I never complete the loop, but lots of people do and have no issue. Use a different IP address, or use the same one. Send $1000 or send 3 installments of $333.33 to "stay under the radar" :)

Don't make this too complicated.

cdancer20 Apr 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Can someone quickly remind me what the limit seems to be for linking bank accts? I feel like I read 6 somewhere.