Amazon Payments

Subscribe
Quote: People commented on this same question only 20 posts ago. . .
The only similar question I see in the past few pages is someone asking about a variant on a loop transaction, although there very likely is a similar question in a 177 page thread. In the amount of time it took you to write your response, you could have said no, or just quoted the relevant post.
Quote: No problem
Thanks!
What are beans? I seen that term in the forum but have no idea after what it means after looking in the forum for it.

Quote: Folks, I think their should be a PSA about using the Citi AA card. Been using AP for months between me and the wife, but adding and using the AA card triggered the account closure (luckily, was reinstated today). I'm sticking to beans or GC for MS on this one, and I'd caution fellow FT's to do the same (seeing as others here have issues as well).
Quote: The only similar question I see in the past few pages is someone asking about a variant on a loop transaction, although there very likely is a similar question in a 177 page thread. In the amount of time it took you to write your response, you could have said no, or just quoted the relevant post.
Why do you think the thread is 177 pages long?

People - this really isn't rocket surgery.
Quote: Folks, I think their should be a PSA about using the Citi AA card. Been using AP for months between me and the wife, but adding and using the AA card triggered the account closure (luckily, was reinstated today). I'm sticking to beans or GC for MS on this one, and I'd caution fellow FT's to do the same (seeing as others here have issues as well).
Well, There have been plenty of people using Citi AA successfully on Amazon. I did a $1K transfer just a few days ago. So far so good.
I received an offer from Citi and it is 2 miles per dollar on online purchase up to 2500 miles. Wonder if it will work with AP?
Quote: I received an offer from Citi and it is 2 miles per dollar on online purchase up to 2500 miles. Wonder if it will work with AP?

AMz considers payments as a purchase so shouldn't be a problem.^
Quote: Is something wrong with amazon, I used my credit card to send 1k to my friend and after the transaction, it doesn't show anything. When I do it again, it states I have exceeded my limit however my friend didn't receive anything and my credit card does not show any transaction, will it show up soon? If not will the exceed limit disappear and will I be able to do it again or must I wait until next month to try again? Thanks again for the input
This happened to me once before. I don't know if the exceed went away after a while in that case.

More recently this happened to me due to failed transactions. (Discover had put a hold on the account after first Amazon payment.) I cleared the hold but it still would tell me at Amazon that I exceeded the monthly amount. I went back and tried it a couple of days later and it worked, so they had cleared the exceed message.
Indeed, because there is always uncertainty with Amazon because of historical inconsistency in their application of internal controls, advice on how to deal with Amazon is more witchcraft than rocket surgery. Sometimes the rainforest gods smile on us, sometimes they do not.

Quote: ...People - this really isn't rocket surgery....
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracles4444 View Post
Is something wrong with amazon, I used my credit card to send 1k to my friend and after the transaction, it doesn't show anything. When I do it again, it states I have exceeded my limit however my friend didn't receive anything and my credit card does not show any transaction, will it show up soon? If not will the exceed limit disappear and will I be able to do it again or must I wait until next month to try again? Thanks again for the input

Quote: This happened to me once before. I don't know if the exceed went away after a while in that case.

More recently this happened to me due to failed transactions. (Discover had put a hold on the account after first Amazon payment.) I cleared the hold but it still would tell me at Amazon that I exceeded the monthly amount. I went back and tried it a couple of days later and it worked, so they had cleared the exceed message.
I called up customer service Friday and they saw that the transaction did not go through.They sent it to another department for them to readjust the sending limit. I received an email from them Saturday saying basically the transaction (which is from September) has been done and I should see it. This had nothing to do with what i called up for and the limit still has not been adjusted. Also it is definitely not a hold on my credit card because i called the credit card and they said they do not see any transaction on their end.
I see a lot of discussion around variants of A-->B, addresses, $ limits, but nothing around quantity of transactions. Anyone had an issue doing 10+ transactions with the same card?
Quote: I see a lot of discussion around variants of A-->B, addresses, $ limits, but nothing around quantity of transactions. Anyone had an issue doing 10+ transactions with the same card?
Ive done 10+ transactions with 10+ different cards and not had issues yet, I imagine 10+ with the same card would be safer than with all different cards.
Quote: I see a lot of discussion around variants of A-->B, addresses, $ limits, but nothing around quantity of transactions. Anyone had an issue doing 10+ transactions with the same card?
No problems with # of transactions as long as you do not exceed the monthly limits if you are referring to payments. Using one card is not a problem but I am really not sure about having too many cards attach to Amz. as my experience is only with about 3 cards max link to Amz at one time.
Quote: Well, There have been plenty of people using Citi AA successfully on Amazon. I did a $1K transfer just a few days ago. So far so good.
I did NOTHING except AP for 2 AA cards over 3 months time (just finished up in Sept on both cards) and had zero problems. Points already credited to my AA account.
Thanks hamokmonky and sharka. I'm interested in trying it for my RCA to meet min monthly transactions (10).