Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH aircraft change KUL - PER

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

MH aircraft change KUL - PER

I'm flying MH LHR - Perth on 9th Sept I've had 2 email now from MH around timing and seat changes and apparently MH have. CHanged aircraft from an A330 to B737. So I'm now in an old style business class seat not happy about it when I was looking forward to A330 service when it's 1.20am that you arrive and now stuck in a normal J seat.

Any clues where they have placed this aircraft ?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:53 pm

Looks pretty temporary to me around 7th Sept for a week - could be maintenance or Hajj charters or something. Definitely not a welcome downgrade!!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Go to MH office - bang table, and demand to be put on a flight that has A330. So it might be a reroute from closest airport, eg MEL? Or else route you via SIN and be put on QF?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:23 am

QF Perth from Singapore is also a 737 in the exact same recliner seat config and would require an extra connection which probably isn't worth it in any case.

If you can travel the day before that'll get you on an A330 otherwise don't think you will have much joy
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am flying KUL-PER-KUL in January and it is now a 738 both ways

Not very happy, even to the point if had known this could happen I would not have taken booked this trip as it is at the front/back of a LHR-KUL-LHR connection and I will need decent rest.

Last edited by antipest; Aug 2, 2017 at 11:36 pm Reason: airport code wrong
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Rumor has it that perhaps a second 737 will be added.
If it doesn't arrive between 1900 and 0500, I'll be happy to consider it...
Pity very few FF programs want to (meaningfully) credit MH flights in Y

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Wonder if they are having difficulty filling up the 330 for the Perth route now that Malindo is also flying the Perth route alongside the Air Asia 330....or they desperately need their 330's for other routes.

Also seems like the 330 won't be re-instated for the Perth route anytime soon and the 737 will suffice for MH given it's only a 5 hour journey.

Last edited by wolf72; Aug 11, 2017 at 2:53 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: Enrich
I'm booked KL>Per in Jan 18, previously booked my wife and kid (separate booking) and paid for a seat to ensure I was sitting with them on the A330.

The change to the 738 puts me in row 6 and my wife/kid in row 32, not bad considering it
only has 29 rows, I suspect they must be sitting in the toilets down the back which may be a good thing, more legroom!

Speaking of legroom, Seatguru says MAS 738's have got 30" seat pitch (32 on A330). Being tall and claustrophobic, 30" on a 5+ hour flight is going to kill me and no way would I have booked if i'd have known at the time.

For such a long flight, this is appalling, worse than the 32" on Air Asia X & Malindo's 73's, both of whom fly the same route.

Going to see what can be done as seat pitch for me is a specific thing I look for and they are now delivering an inferior product to what I paid for. Contacted MAS customer service but as per usual, they are 100% useless at even acknowledging your request
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kizz302
I'm booked KL>Per in Jan 18, previously booked my wife and kid (separate booking) and paid for a seat to ensure I was sitting with them on the A330.

The change to the 738 puts me in row 6 and my wife/kid in row 32, not bad considering it
only has 29 rows, I suspect they must be sitting in the toilets down the back which may be a good thing, more legroom!

Speaking of legroom, Seatguru says MAS 738's have got 30" seat pitch (32 on A330). Being tall and claustrophobic, 30" on a 5+ hour flight is going to kill me and no way would I have booked if i'd have known at the time.

For such a long flight, this is appalling, worse than the 32" on Air Asia X & Malindo's 73's, both of whom fly the same route.

Going to see what can be done as seat pitch for me is a specific thing I look for and they are now delivering an inferior product to what I paid for. Contacted MAS customer service but as per usual, they are 100% useless at even acknowledging your request
I would suggest you try to get the emergency seat row which gives you more leg room for your height/long legs. The only downside is you won't be able to put your seat back and you need to store your bags in the storage bins for take off and landing. (Seats 12 or 14 A/B/C/D/E/F)

Or request the first row of seats in EY (5C or 5D).\

Call back MH and inform them you are too tall to sit in the normal seats due to your height and you need to request the emergency seats or the row 5.
Kizz302 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by wolf72
I would suggest you try to get the emergency seat row which gives you more leg room for your height/long legs. The only downside is you won't be able to put your seat back and you need to store your bags in the storage bins for take off and landing. (Seats 12 or 14 A/B/C/D/E/F)

Or request the first row of seats in EY (5C or 5D).\

Call back MH and inform them you are too tall to sit in the normal seats due to your height and you need to request the emergency seats or the row 5.
Emailed them with all the booking details bar the actual ticket numbers, (would have though that they could have worked that out from the booking number).

6 days before I got a reply and they asked for the ticket numbers!! emailed them back within 30 mins of receiving the reply and it's been 3 days with no reply now. Think i'll call them on the weekend (O/S support centre), spend 20 odd mins on hold then sort it on the spot, almost guarantee they will charge me seat upgrade fees.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kizz302
Emailed them with all the booking details bar the actual ticket numbers, (would have though that they could have worked that out from the booking number).

6 days before I got a reply and they asked for the ticket numbers!! emailed them back within 30 mins of receiving the reply and it's been 3 days with no reply now. Think i'll call them on the weekend (O/S support centre), spend 20 odd mins on hold then sort it on the spot, almost guarantee they will charge me seat upgrade fees.
Can I ask where you are currently at?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA SILVER
I am also unhappy as have just received an email from Malaysia. My flight from PER to KUL on 19 December in Bus class switched from A330 to B738 with flight taking 20 minutes longer

42inch reclining seat rather than flat bed on plane that leaves now at 0205

I am a One World member normally use BA This will be my first time Malaysia to Oz and not impressed. Have to leave from PER so not sure what options I have?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Got the same message too (ie Per - KUL swapped to the awful 738 on the overnight leg).

Dont think there is anything that can be done though.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SAGAMAN
I am also unhappy as have just received an email from Malaysia. My flight from PER to KUL on 19 December in Bus class switched from A330 to B738 with flight taking 20 minutes longer

42inch reclining seat rather than flat bed on plane that leaves now at 0205

I am a One World member normally use BA This will be my first time Malaysia to Oz and not impressed. Have to leave from PER so not sure what options I have?
I wonder if someone is able to demand/request a refund/cancellation if the airline downgrades as expectations are not being met (i.e. A330 flat beds vs B737 business class seats).
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I read recently (but can't find the reference) that they were moving to a permanent 737 service, moving to a daily double 737 when they have capacity to do so.

Basically, yields on the route are among the worst in their network at the moment with Air Asia X and Malindo also offering services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.