Search

Best M'sian CC for MH accrual

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:36 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Best M'sian CC for MH accrual

Moving to M'sia soon. What would be currently the best CC for MH mileage accrual (basing on mostly foreign spent)? The Maybank twin Amex cards?

Open to other suggestions on which best CC to aim for.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Moving to M'sia soon. What would be currently the best CC for MH mileage accrual (basing on mostly foreign spent)? The Maybank twin Amex cards?

Open to other suggestions on which best CC to aim for.
You should have a look at the CIMB credit card
Link: http://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/person...astercard.html

MH information about CIMB credit cards and enrich eccurals

Link: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cn/...rge-cards.html

Maybank MH American Express Cards

Link: http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info...onal/CRD-Cards
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wolf72
You should have a look at the CIMB credit card
Link: http://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/person...astercard.html

MH information about CIMB credit cards and enrich eccurals

Link: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cn/...rge-cards.html

Maybank MH American Express Cards

Link: http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info...onal/CRD-Cards
Thank you - was expecting you to reply

Have had a look at the Maybank AMEX cards - will look into the others. Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:21 am
Suspended

Thank you - was expecting you to reply

Have had a look at the Maybank AMEX cards - will look into the others. Thanks!
No worries. Best of luck in choosing the most appropriate card for you
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
OK, I am customer at both Maybank and CIMB.
Please take my advice: do not deal with CIMB. They're amateurs and nothing goes smoothly, if it works at all. Talking about products, internet banking functionality, app functionality, customer "service" staff.... it's all abysmal.

Also, CIMB won't give a real credit card to expats. Only one where you need to make a locked deposit. So you deposit USD 5,000, then your "credit card" has 5000 limit...
What a joke.
Problem is my salary is coming in at CIMB, otherwise I'd have left already.

Maybank does give credit cards to expats, I got one there (Platinum Premier, AMEX/VISA). Also accruing points there which I've recently converted to MH. Not too bad at all!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Please take my advice: do not deal with CIMB. They're amateurs and nothing goes smoothly, if it works at all. Talking about products, internet banking functionality, app functionality, customer "service" staff.... it's all abysmal.

Also, CIMB won't give a real credit card to expats. Only one where you need to make a locked deposit. So you deposit USD 5,000, then your "credit card" has 5000 limit...
What a joke.

Maybank does give credit cards to expats, I got one there (Platinum Premier, AMEX/VISA). Also accruing points there which I've recently converted to MH. Not too bad at all!
Thanks for that. Why is CIMB so restrictive? Do you have expat friends who have the same issue?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by quinzinho

What a joke.

I have to agree. Maybank is more customer friendly and their products are pretty rock solid.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

I have to agree. Maybank is more customer friendly and their products are pretty rock solid.
Ok thanks. Noted.
I'll probably also have a look at who our company bankers are. I'll be taking over the helm of the Malaysian branch - so I guess tying up my private account with the same bank the company deals with may bring some additional benefits.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:52 am

And if you're into SPG points the Amex (centurion head) cards are also issued by Maybank.

Citibank PremierMiles will give you options for Hhonors and with the most non Asian based airline partners i.e. BAEC

Honestly with the MH devaluation I don't see how accruing Enrich points are valuable anymore. Better of with SPG you can convert them to anything you like including Marriott Travel Packages.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by talfred
And if you're into SPG points the Amex (centurion head) cards are also issued by Maybank.

Citibank PremierMiles will give you options for Hhonors and with the most non Asian based airline partners i.e. BAEC

Honestly with the MH devaluation I don't see how accruing Enrich points are valuable anymore. Better of with SPG you can convert them to anything you like including Marriott Travel Packages.
Just suggesting; he may be flying domestic a fair bit or within SEA, hence why he is asking about enrich points, especially if he is flying business class which can add up to a nice collection of points. Enrich still has some value. It may not be as good as it was before the crazy devaluation but it still has value.

Just my humble opinion.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Just suggesting; he may be flying domestic a fair bit or within SEA, hence why he is asking about enrich points, especially if he is flying business class which can add up to a nice collection of points. Enrich still has some value. It may not be as good as it was before the crazy devaluation but it still has value.

Just my humble opinion.
You're right there. Would fly a fair bit domestically (in Y). But I have typically been a *A member and when I fly long haul, fly TK. And for that the Citi card may be better.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:29 pm
Suspended

You're right there. Would fly a fair bit domestically (in Y). But I have typically been a *A member and when I fly long haul, fly TK. And for that the Citi card may be better.
Citibank are also pretty efficient in KL as a bank. They don't have many branch's as HSBC or Maybank (the most branch's) or CIMB (2nd most branch's).

Anyways, pretty sure you will decide on the right bank for you
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Thanks for that. Why is CIMB so restrictive? Do you have expat friends who have the same issue?
Actually, I've got no idea why.. Some banks are even worse in Malaysia (RHB for example).. They didn't even allow me to open a savings account since my employer isn't banking with them..?!
Yes, expats I know have the same problem with CIMB.
As somebody else here suggested already, Citibank is supposed to be more expat-friendly as well, but probably not so good if it comes to earning Enrich points.
Good luck!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:28 am

Deleyed, sorry double post
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Hi, if you're set on earning Enrich points , the best point conversion rate of any cc in Malaysia would be Maybank's Amex Reserve and Visa Infinite. They don't have the range of partner airlines/hotels like Citibank Premier miles, but then Citibank conversion rate is pretty poor. Maybank also has good point conversion rates for Cathay, SIA. So if you're A* member that would work as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.