MH A380 Fleet

Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question MH A380 Fleet

Why does 9M-MNF not seem to appear with any great regularity on the London Route?. Where is 9M-MNE as it does not seem to be flying.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by col747uk
Why does 9M-MNF not seem to appear with any great regularity on the London Route?. Where is 9M-MNE as it does not seem to be flying.
9M-MNE is parked up at KUL adjacent to tone of the runways, next a host of de-liveried 747s. It's one of the A380's that MH has been looking to offoad.

M
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
It could be getting re-fitted for the Haj flights under the new division within the company that will handle flights to Saudi Arabia later this year.

Or under going heavy maintainence which may be the reason why they went and wasted all that money redecorating that old 747 and preparing it for use for the KL-London route last summer which never happened to make up for 1 A380 going off line for major maintaincence at a time.

It made no logical sense but anyways...

Last edited by wolf72; Feb 21, 2017 at 4:11 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:23 pm

No A380 are yet in process of being converted into full economy for Haj flights. It is apparently still of interest, but an A380 with full economy requires new evacuation testing for upper deck.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
I keep seeing the A380 parked at KUL.
So they are out of service now?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by ermen
I keep seeing the A380 parked at KUL.
So they are out of service now?
They are being used to solve problems that crop up on their Aussie route and replacements for their London route at the moment. Otherwise, unused and wasting away till the HAJ unit gets up and running late this year.

Total waste of aircraft that could otherwise help the airline on key sector's where tourist numbers are doing very well for MH.

If they could use the 380's on the Sydney or Melbourne route per day and then move the 330's to their China routes for Kinabalu or KL or Penang, it would probably make more sense.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Recently it was the first time I flew the MH A388 on the KUL-LHR route roundtrip in J. Sat by the Window in 6K and in the middle seat 15G on the return leg. Nobody sat beside me so had more space as well. It was good overall, slept very well in fact.

Tried the Lamb Loin from Chef on Call, tough meat I must say...

Got the Porsche Amenity bags, white for KUL-LHR and red for LHR-KUL. Got another flight end of the month to experience it for the 3rd time. Looking to drowning myself in Bailey's in flight...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The question we have been asking Re Australia and the MH 380s seems to have been answered. In. This article from Aus Business Traveller, seems that the 380s will be used for Syd and Mel during the 2017/18 summer months.

(Darwin will be axed as of end July 2017).

https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...lumpur-flights
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
The question we have been asking Re Australia and the MH 380s seems to have been answered. In. This article from Aus Business Traveller, seems that the 380s will be used for Syd and Mel during the 2017/18 summer months.
Don't know how MH will accomplish that tho. According to Mavcom (as of May 2017), Malaysian carriers only has 480 unallocated weekly seats to SYD/MEL/BNE/PER left.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.