Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping rooms in MH KUL F lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by ermen
sorry to revive an old thread

are the nap/slumber rooms still available at Golden F lounge? And is the lounge open for an overnight stay (i.e. 12-7am?).

I do recall being at the MH KL F lounge from 10am-7am once (and sleeping outside because I did not know about the slumber rooms!), but unsure if the lounge hours have changed?
Yes, rooms still there.

Not sure about the opening hours though. Have never been there past 1am or so.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
The F lounge is 24X7, you can get the keys to one of the sleeping rooms in lieu of your boarding pass. Basic rooms but serve the purpose.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by ashkale
The F lounge is 24X7, you can get the keys to one of the sleeping rooms in lieu of your boarding pass. Basic rooms but serve the purpose.
Does that mean they provide a well timed wake-up call? Have a ~5 hour transit soon, on SYD-LHR, so a 2-3 hour nap would be nice - but I also put that into the "easy to oversleep" category...
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Does that mean they provide a well timed wake-up call? Have a ~5 hour transit soon, on SYD-LHR, so a 2-3 hour nap would be nice - but I also put that into the "easy to oversleep" category...
set your phone alarm (multiple snooze)
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I have slept in one of these rooms recently. They are very, very basic indeed, with very limited bedding, ISTR a single pillow and a blanket. This on its own isn't the main problem. The main problem is that there are frequent PA announcements. There is power available for you to charge your gadgets.

I did manage about four hours' sleep on the last occasion during an eight hour layover, but knowing the setup I was well equipped with a noise cancelling headset and ear plugs, and enough clothing to supplement the bedding provided.

Under the same circumstances I would need convincing of a better alternative in terms of convenience especially if you have to spend time going landside to get it.

[I've yet to find a reasonable airline lounge slumber room that's up to hotel standards that a First or Biz class traveller would expect. Qatar is about as good as it gets in its Al Safwa rooms which have an en suite shower, but even these have limitations, no beverages for example, not even bottled water is made available without you making a fuss. The airside airport hotel at Doha is a better choice, there are no PA announcements but even with these I still recommend ear plugs or noise cancellers, but I digress.]

Last edited by Howard Long; Apr 15, 2017 at 8:12 am
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Howard Long
Under the same circumstances I would need convincing of a better alternative in terms of convenience especially if you have to spend time going landside to get it.
What's wrong with the Sama-Sama Express that's just one floor down (airside)?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:04 am
Ooi

There are also 4 slumber beds in the J lounge, two each for the opposites separated by a curtain. Unfortunately the headed female signs were ripped off. So me and the Mrs, after an early check in, slumbered in the male side, and were provided with blankets and pillows.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Howard Long
[I've yet to find a reasonable airline lounge slumber room that's up to hotel standards that a First or Biz class traveller would expect. Qatar is about as good as it gets in its Al Safwa rooms which have an en suite shower, but even these have limitations, no beverages for example, not even bottled water is made available without you making a fuss...]
And you can't simply take a bottle of water from the serving area into the slumber room because...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.