Enrich Devalued??

Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Enrich Devalued??

Jz got an email for a new award chart on MH metal.
I can see that the devaluations have been real steep. Also I see a mind boggling sentence" We are also introducing Zone 7 – you can use your rewards to fly to a wider network and farther destinations with Malaysia Airlines." . Boleh..
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post New Award Chart

Yeah just got the email too.

New Award Chart

The new accrual chart will take effect at 00:00 (GMT +0800hrs), 16 February 2015. The changes you can look forward to will include accruals up to 175% of the flight distance for Business Class.

The new redemption chart will only apply to Malaysia Airlines flights, excluding codeshare and marketed flights. All redemption tickets issued from 00:00 (GMT +0800hrs), 16 February 2015 onwards will be based on the new redemption chart. Zones 1 and 2 now require fewer miles – one-way redemptions start from as low as 6,000 Enrich Miles – great news for short-haul travellers! We are also introducing Zone 7 – you can use your rewards to fly to a wider network and farther destinations with Malaysia Airlines.

FAQ
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Some lowlights of the changes:
- East coast Australia to Western Europe in J was 51000 now 97,750 (92% increase)
- SE Asia to Europe in J was 46,750 now 63,750 (36% increase)
- deep discount Y earn dropped from 50% to 25%

Whilst I think some increase was due, this is just crazy. Not the right time to do this, with the brand damaged as much as it was last year. Or is it better to do this now whilst the brand is still in bad shape?

Last edited by lokijuh; Feb 8, 2015 at 6:44 pm Reason: Typos
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

One chance to make quick +ive changes that would have have helped MH- another lost opportunity, also can an insider shed some info on, the use of adding Zone 7, >10k miles??
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
One chance to make quick +ive changes that would have have helped MH- another lost opportunity, also can an insider shed some info on, the use of adding Zone 7, >10k miles??
I'm not an insider, but it is obvious this was designed to increase Europe-east coast Australia/NZ awards, more than NE Asia/PER-Europe increase. The only exceptions I can find are IST-MEL/SYD/BNE/ADL and perhaps coincidentally the MH's European 777 destinations ex-ADL (AMS/FRA)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

My bad- was under the impression they changed the awards to originate and terminate in KUL..
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Feeling very smart of myself to have cleared 150k worth of Enrich miles on EU-SIN tickets last Dec.

At 63,750 for SIN-EU, I can do SQ for 68,000. A few thousand more for SQ, and given that taxes are almost the same the last time I checked, its time to quit Enrich.

Z fare regulars like me will start banking to AA at 1.25 accural. Besides, AA makes it easier and cheaper for OW redemptions.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Any good news out of this devaluation at all? Any new sweet spots?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:26 am

The YQ on anything short-haul was a killer. It was sometimes cheaper to buy a ticket outright than use miles and pay YQ.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hi all,

This is a big devaluation and I'll have sevearl posts on it tomorrow morning, and it's pretty much all bad news I'm afraid.

Also I note that there is some comparison to SQ as well - I expect a devaluation to KrisFlyer within the next few months as a result of the introduction of Y+.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by dfs24
Z fare regulars like me will start banking to AA at 1.25 accural. Besides, AA makes it easier and cheaper for OW redemptions.
Until AA come up with new award chart once the merger with US DM is complete!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
http://t.email.malaysiaairlines.com/...2FRBBVbs6OA%3D
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
It seems that MH is doing away with regular award booking classes and the 'new' award charts actually book into the normal booking classes. What this means is that Enrich redemptions will book as normal flights - which is bad news for us trying to get better deals.

I wonder how this will affect other airlines' booking into MH flights?

Still, most airlines give at least a few months advance warning.. but Enrich is just giving members just 7 days notice ???

Boleh or tak boleh... I suspect Enrich might cease to exist soon..
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Until AA come up with new award chart once the merger with US DM is complete!
Even if they devalue AA, I don't think it will be as ridiculous as Enrich OneWorld Redemption. Plus AA gives Plat & EXP 100% Bonus on many OW partners compared to MH 25-30% on MH only. AA has a better award booking platform and you only pay taxes with the exception of a few carriers.

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller

Also I note that there is some comparison to SQ as well - I expect a devaluation to KrisFlyer within the next few months as a result of the introduction of Y+.
KF devaluation is likely, but the increase won't be as drastic I think. Besides, KF gets you to many more places on SQ metal so you still get to use the 15% off.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
It seems that MH is doing away with regular award booking classes and the 'new' award charts actually book into the normal booking classes.
It's been like this all along for Enrich.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Wow, all those Business class flights I took with MAS feel wasted now - luckily i only have 50k points in my Enrich account where as others may have much much more.

I think I'm done with Enrich, it's not like the MAS business class products are comparable to other airlines anymore.

It's time to move to another Frequent flyer program.. but who (and was so close to Sapphire level as well. Any MAS alternatives?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.