Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enrich Devalued??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by bacxow
hello all, posting on behalf of a friend who has about 90k Enrich miles to spend. trying to help her figure out how many miles she would need for her trip:

KUL-YVR-KUL
Economy
December 2015

according to the great circle mapper KUL-YVR is 7,967 miles.

obviously MH does not fly to north america so I am looking at this chart:
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...-airlines.html

Questions:
1) are the miles required to redeem in MH's charts for one-way or return tickets?
2) These MH charts are telling me that we will require less miles to redeem on multiple oneworld partners, as opposed to redeeming on a single oneworld partner. is this correct?

thanks in advance,
bacxow
The charts already mentions whether the miles are for one way or roundtrip. Look at the 2nd column.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by lcpteck
The charts already mentions whether the miles are for one way or roundtrip. Look at the 2nd column.
The second column merely indicates the zones are based on one way distance. I am pretty sure the points requirement is on a return basis. A clue is perhaps from T&C would suggest return is the default:

One-way redemption is possible but may not be available on all airline partners.
Has anyone called and asked, or redeemed such and award?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: NZ*E
With their current promotion, business class fares from AKL to AMS return are around $NZ5700. Plus I earn Enrich miles.

If I log in to my Enrich account (I have about 11,000 miles) and do a dummy booking on the same flights, on the same days, using my points in Enrich's Cash plus Miles deal, the cost jumps to over $NZ8000, and I use up my points, gaining no new ones.

This makes no sense, and probably is a good reason to look elsewhere for flights.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by zoovet
With their current promotion, business class fares from AKL to AMS return are around $NZ5700. Plus I earn Enrich miles.

If I log in to my Enrich account (I have about 11,000 miles) and do a dummy booking on the same flights, on the same days, using my points in Enrich's Cash plus Miles deal, the cost jumps to over $NZ8000, and I use up my points, gaining no new ones.

This makes no sense, and probably is a good reason to look elsewhere for flights.
Your observation is correct: Cash Plus miles on MH Enrich is never worth it, long haul.

This is because the one unique thing about the program is that the copay rates are not flat rate for a given amount of miles, but are different for Long haul vs Shorthaul (circa RM 100 vs RM 25 per 1000 miles copaid) with varying rates in between depending on zone flown)

In shorthaul, the copay value becomes somewhat better, but only marginally so.

Before anyone goes and thinks about booking a whole bunch of shorthaul copaid tickets and cancelling them - perish the thought. Enrich doesn't allow for a redeposit of miles, only date changes, and route changes within the same zone. Anything else, you're SOL.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by zoovet

That sounds pretty bad and de-values the whole enrich program I think when they start pulling these sorts of things.

Very disappointed with MH./
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, OW Enrich Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Taj Innercircle Gold
Originally Posted by bacxow
hello all, posting on behalf of a friend who has about 90k Enrich miles to spend. trying to help her figure out how many miles she would need for her trip:

KUL-YVR-KUL
Economy
December 2015

according to the great circle mapper KUL-YVR is 7,967 miles.

obviously MH does not fly to north america so I am looking at this chart:
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...-airlines.html

Questions:
1) are the miles required to redeem in MH's charts for one-way or return tickets?
2) These MH charts are telling me that we will require less miles to redeem on multiple oneworld partners, as opposed to redeeming on a single oneworld partner. is this correct?

thanks in advance,
bacxow

Did you figure this out. I am also in same dillema. I am trying to book ATH-DEL (Athens - Delhi) on Qatar airways one-way and based on this chart (2,400 - 3,600) miles I should be paying 27K but using two OW partners, I should be paying only 40/2 i.e. 20K miles
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:29 am

Unfortunately that's not correct, gvipin. It doesn't state that 40k miles (in Y) is for round trip if using multiple OW partners, that is for the actual distance you would travel.

So, it'd be 27k Enrich Miles to travel the 3,400 miles one-way on just Qatar, or 40k if using multiple partners to travel the same distance.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
In terms of Oneworld partners I've covered this here.

But in short work out the one-way distance and that equals the two way price in Miles. If you are just looking to travel one-way then halve the miles required.

I verified this by calling into Enrich and asking for several dummy awards (hrs on the phone btw!)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:14 pm

AT, are you referencing the single-carrier table or the multi-carrier table when saying 1/2 the round trip miles?

Agree for the one-carrier table: the 'Zone' is based on a one-way distance (they now show the mileage required for both one-ways & rt).
E.g., with the ATH-DOH-DEL option above, one-way distance is 3,400 miles (Zone 4), so a ticket would require 54k Enrich Miles rt / 27k EM for the one-way.

However, I believe the multi-carrier table works differently: the 'Zone' is determined by the actual distance to be travelled on the allowed itinerary.
E.g., ATH-DOH-DEL (if multi-airline) would still be 3,400 (Zone 3), which would require 40k EM.

Last edited by crackjack; Feb 23, 2016 at 9:26 pm
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Need suggestion

Hi,

I have 1000 miles expiring this month, but I am planning to just use up the miserable 10k+ miles to redeem since the reason for opening it in the first place was to dump those miserable 'O' fare bucket tickets. Since now MH has reduced their EU operations, I have decided to not use them anymore and the account will most probably becoming dormant.

What should I do with these 10k? Redeem an intra-EU flight? I wanted to redeem it for vouchers - but I don't see that option (at least online) anymore.

Any suggestion?

Also does anyone know if there is a Temptation shop on the ground - I remembered it used to be possible to use the vouchers at this shop.

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Feb 24, 2016 at 11:10 am Reason: Added question
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: QR Plat, MH Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Hello everyone,

Well, I can see Im not the only one who is leaving Enrich. This thread was a good find!

I am currently platinum member, using to travel 8-9 times a year from CDG to KUL. But since they stopped this route and they devaluated their miles, I dont have any reason to stay with them!

Actually I regret I didnt run out from enrich since the day the stopped their A380 to CDG

Wathever, I choose to move to QR one month ago, to stay in the One world Alliance. And I almost reach silver there (need maybe a one way flight to DOH to reach it).

I still take advantage of my Enrich platinum card to access first class lounges in KUL, DOH and CDG (whenever I fly Y). So that's why I choose to stay with OW (at first I was hesitating between QR and SQ).

I still have 80k++ miles on enrich, will keep them for any holidays flight within SE Asia.

Cheers
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Also does anyone know if there is a Temptation shop on the ground - I remembered it used to be possible to use the vouchers at this shop.

Hey! I also got some temptations vouchers (maybe RM400), I did not use them since I dont take MH flights now, MH staff told me that I can use them in the MAS golden boutiques in KLIA. But no idea where this boutique is. Will try to find it next time im there.

Cheers
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:12 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Elpacha,

Thanks, I redeemed the miles for the voucher abd received following email.
"
Each voucher is valid for six months from the date of issue and can be used as part payment for excess baggage charges or redemption of Temptations items onboard where, inflight service is available or the Temptations office direct at:

Address:
Inflight Sales Group
1st Floor, Flight Management Building
KL International Airport
64000 Sepang, Selangor
(Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:00pm)

Email : [email protected] "

Cheers!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:02 am

nldogbert

Great! thanks for the location adress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.