Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Sorry to bump this old thread. Not familiar with OneWorld; asking for a friend who's Enrich Gold, Qatar Burgundy (i.e. nothing). After the Enrich devaluation, he's now banking his miles with Qatar Privilege Club. He's flying out of KLIA to Europe on QR in Y. His boarding pass will reflect his QPC number. Will he still be able to access MH's Golden Lounge in KLIA, by showing his Enrich Gold card?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by cowie
Sorry to bump this old thread. Not familiar with OneWorld; asking for a friend who's Enrich Gold, Qatar Burgundy (i.e. nothing). After the Enrich devaluation, he's now banking his miles with Qatar Privilege Club. He's flying out of KLIA to Europe on QR in Y. His boarding pass will reflect his QPC number. Will he still be able to access MH's Golden Lounge in KLIA, by showing his Enrich Gold card?
Yes.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Yes.
Thanks Rami Tamimi for your confirmation. That's what I thought, but I'm more familiar with *A and didn't want to mislead him.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Just to inform everyone, the domestic golden lounge has now closed for renovations.

temp. Lounge is opposite B3.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:54 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I have booked ticket with MH code/ticket but it is operated by Silk Air, will I have normal OW lounge access based on my Emerald Tier without issues at KLIA?

Thanks,
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I have booked ticket with MH code/ticket but it is operated by Silk Air, will I have normal OW lounge access based on my Emerald Tier without issues at KLIA?

Thanks,
Yes, should not be a problem. Just produce your OW Emerald card and boarding pass at the existing lounge.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP

Thanks,
Sorry you will have no access to OW lounges in KLIA, if in J on Silk Air then you have access to the shabby silverkris lounge in KLIA.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:26 pm

Thanks,
You will not be able to access a OW lounge by virtue of your OW status as the OW rules clearly state your flight must be marketed and operated by a OW airline.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:33 pm

Thanks,
only if you have Enrich status or fly in J will you have access to the MH lounge.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zawnet
only if you have Enrich status or fly in J will you have access to the MH lounge.
MH is part of the one world alliance so it honors emerald status travellers.

Link: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/emerald-privileges

When your top tier status is equivalent to oneworld Emerald, you are entitled to the following oneworld benefits, no matter which oneworld airline or cabin class you are flying:
Access to First Class or Business Class priority check-in
Priority boarding
Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight
Priority standby and waitlisting (where offered)
Access to more than 600 airport lounges (with one guest) when travelling internationally, including premium First Class, Business Class and frequent flyer lounges, regardless of the class of service flown that day. For details about the oneworld lounge access policy

The question is does it matter if you are flying on a one world airline on that day and have status or if the one world status and having the card entitles you to enter the lounge but are not flying on a one world aircraft/airliner that day.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by wolf72

When your top tier status is equivalent to oneworld Emerald, you are entitled to the following oneworld benefits, no matter which oneworld airline or cabin class you are flying:
Priority boarding
Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight
Access to more than 600 airport lounges (with one guest) when travelling internationally, including premium First Class, Business Class and frequent flyer lounges, regardless of the class of service flown that day. For details about the oneworld lounge access policy

The question is does it matter if you are flying on a one world airline on that day and have status or if the one world status and having the card entitles you to enter the lounge but are not flying on a one world aircraft/airliner that day.
my understanding is that you need to fly on a OW flight operated by a OW carrier to be able to benefit from having OW status.

MH however allows lounge access to Enrich elite pax if it is an MH flight operated by any other airline. So if one is also travelling in J on Silkair but tickted as MH5xxx, then one has a choice of lounges at KUL - the Silverkris or Golden lounge.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Parents were flying QR J and denied access to the MH satellite lounge earlier today. The agent claimed that a OW J BP would not suffice for entry and that one needs to be Sapphire or above to qualify, which is clearly incorrect according to OW policy. Not knowing better, they headed to the QR-designated PP lounge. [Dad's actually a Sapphire on CX but he booked this as a MH award and did not bring his CX card.]

Is this a common occurrence? In this case, I'd have argued with the lounge dragons and showed them a copy of the OW lounge access policy on my phone, failing which I would escalate to a supervisor or manager on duty.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by dkc192
Parents were flying QR J and denied access to the MH satellite lounge earlier today. The agent claimed that a OW J BP would not suffice for entry and that one needs to be Sapphire or above to qualify, which is clearly incorrect according to OW policy. Not knowing better, they headed to the QR-designated PP lounge. [Dad's actually a Sapphire on CX but he booked this as a MH award and did not bring his CX card.]

Is this a common occurrence? In this case, I'd have argued with the lounge dragons and showed them a copy of the OW lounge access policy on my phone, failing which I would escalate to a supervisor or manager on duty.
I've entered many times when flying QR J, without my status printed on the BP.

Your parents may have encountered a misinformed/ignorant agent. It's also possible that the agent didn't realise your parents were in J instead of Y, hence the "sapphire and above" remark.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Is the regional lounge open again?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by wolf72

Priority boarding

The oneworld status is just a piece of plastic if you are not flying oneworld on the day.
TGflyergirl and SilverChris like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.