Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

My wife and I will be traveling from KLIA to DPS in April.

3 hour flight on their 737-400.

My question: with a business class ticket, will we be able to access the Golden Lounge? I've looked through their website and the MH Wiki site, but the answer to this question is not clear to me. It appears it may only be for their Golden Club Class passengers (which I assume is long haul business class?)

For the flights to DPS, do the flights depart from the satellite building? (My assumption is yes, as this is for int'l flights.)

We've read the good and the bad about MH here on FT, and we're hoping for one of the 'good' experiences.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:10 am

Yes you and your wife will be given Lounge access as long as both of you are business class passengers.

Golden Club Class is what Malaysia Airlines calls business class on all routes.

I would think flights to DPS should depart from the Satellite Terminal as like what you mentioned DPS is an international destination but im not sure.

P.S The 737-400's are very old and tired looking but well maintained. MH is currently phasing out the 737-400's to the 737-800's.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:29 am
Suspended

flight may depart the domestic terminal as its a 737 and could be arriving from domestic. Either way it doesnt matter, you can still go to the golden lounge in the satellite terminal.
However, MAS will prob encourage you to go to the "regional" lounge in the main terminal, which is still LOVELY.
I highly rate the lounges, too bad the on board product is not nearly as good as it was in 2002.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I have never seen MH 737's at the satellite terminal. Although the lounge in the satellite terminal may be better, the main terminal lounge is fine. You should be able to freely access the satellite terminal, and while the lounge personnel may try to discourage your use of the lounge there, be persistent if necessary. You will need an extra 5-10 minutes to get back to the main terminal for boarding if your flight does leave from there.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
If flying Business I prefer the Regional lounge. If First then the Main lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes, my wife and I both have business class tix.

Our flight is at noon, and our goal is to not get to the airport too early... But, we will try out the Golden Longe in the terminal our flight is departing from. (We're not going to get there early to lounge hop!)

I'll try and report back (in April) on our experience.

Thanks again,

Lark
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Some of the regional flights depart from the "B" gates. Actually every time i flew MAS and Air India to chennai, which cant be considered regional...they departed from the B gates instead of the satellite terminal...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What is the lounge-access situation for business-class pax on domestic flights?

I'm looking at KUL-LGK, probably going to book into business for the extra room, extra baggage allowance, etc., since it's currently not that much more expensive than Y.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What is the lounge-access situation for business-class pax on domestic flights?

I'm looking at KUL-LGK, probably going to book into business for the extra room, extra baggage allowance, etc., since it's currently not that much more expensive than Y.
You'll get access to the Domestic Golden Lounge in the MTB. It's ok. A decent selection of food but no alcohol (for religious reasons). It's well worth flying their domestic business class. Not much more for a whole lot more, IMO. You should get a reasonable meal even on such a short flight.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: Enrich, Qantas
Syd-PEK on MH

My wife and I will be traveling from SYD to PEK via KLIA in April. It is an evening flight arriving KLIA at 04:30 am, and connecting flight to PEK at 09:00 am

My question: with business class ticket, will we be able to access the Golden Lounge at that time of the day? I've looked through their website and the MH Wiki site, they say the lounge will open at 05:00 am. I am not sure if I can access their shower and massage service (after a full 9 hour flight).
It also says it is Sattelite, does this mean it is in different building ? How do I get there from the Main terminal, especially at 04:30 am?

For the flights to PEK, do the flights depart from the satellite building? (My assumption is yes, as this is for int'l flights.)

We've read the good and the bad about MH here on FT, and as this is our "first time", we're hoping for one of the 'good' experiences.
BTW, does MH have a lounge in Beijing ?
Thanks

Last edited by BacAi75; Jan 26, 2011 at 5:45 am
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by BacAi75
My wife and I will be traveling from SYD to PEK via KLIA in April. It is an evening flight arriving KLIA at 04:30 am, and connecting flight to PEK at 09:00 am

My question: with business class ticket, will we be able to access the Golden Lounge at that time of the day? I've looked through their website and the MH Wiki site, they say the lounge will open at 05:00 am. I am not sure if I can access their shower and massage service (after a full 9 hour flight).
It also says it is Sattelite, does this mean it is in different building ? How do I get there from the Main terminal, especially at 04:30 am?

For the flights to PEK, do the flights depart from the satellite building? (My assumption is yes, as this is for int'l flights.)

We've read the good and the bad about MH here on FT, and as this is our "first time", we're hoping for one of the 'good' experiences.
BTW, does MH have a lounge in Beijing ?
Thanks
I believe the Golden Lounge may be open 24 hours but I'm not 100% on this. However, given that you are travelling on MH and arriving at that time, the lounge in the Satellite building should be open for your arrival and transit. All international arrival and departures are from the Satellite building unless your travel is from/to regional flights on a small plane, so you won't have any contact with the Main Terminal Building. MH do not have their own lounge in PEK but you'll have access to an associated lounge there.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:27 pm

Smile SYD-PEK via KLIA

Thanks. We looking forward for this experience.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by BacAi75
Thanks. We looking forward for this experience.
You should have a good experience. Make sure you order freshly made food/noodles from the menu/kitchen at the lounges in both KUL and SYD but don't eat too much of those. Save your stomachs for the satay and the onboard catering!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:19 am

KUL-PEK flight MH378

Hi, my connecting flight to Beijing MH378 is on a A330-300 airplane. I have heard that this is an older style medium haul plane, with no AVOD, and shorter seat pitch. Is this right ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.