Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
As I have stated previously, me as non-MH OWE was shown into the Platinum Suite repeatedly with no problems at all. I also never had my credentials checked again at the door that separates the Platinum suite from the main F lounge - admittedly though, the place was always deserted with no staff around.
It appears to be open when the rest of the lounge is. They apparently close the door and don't admit new guests at 03:00 am for cleaning but don't eject guests already present. I soundly slept through whatever cleaning went on without being disturbed
I don't know if the menu is the same as in the main lounge - never ate anywhere else The noodle dishes on offer were very good, and the staff knew their wines. Cannot confirm NoY's negative experience at all.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:05 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by bhomburg
As I have stated previously, me as non-MH OWE was shown into the Platinum Suite repeatedly with no problems at all. I also never had my credentials checked again at the door that separates the Platinum suite from the main F lounge - admittedly though, the place was always deserted with no staff around.
It appears to be open when the rest of the lounge is. They apparently close the door and don't admit new guests at 03:00 am for cleaning but don't eject guests already present. I soundly slept through whatever cleaning went on without being disturbed
I don't know if the menu is the same as in the main lounge - never ate anywhere else The noodle dishes on offer were very good, and the staff knew their wines. Cannot confirm NoY's negative experience at all.
Good that your experiences were positive. Wished our was
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoY
Is the food/menu choice the same in Plat Suite as the F lounge? Thanks.
I was presented with a menu but didn't check whether they offer this in the platinum lounge. The buffet at the platinum lounge was really bad

I was there at 10pm
Old Oct 25, 2013, 9:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by correctioncx
I was presented with a menu but didn't check whether they offer this in the platinum lounge. The buffet at the platinum lounge was really bad

I was there at 10pm
Thanks for the info. Sounds
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:42 pm
Suspended

The menu is the same as the platinum lounge. The platinum suite just a more private room
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Does anyone know what alternative arrangements they will be for business-class MH passengers with a long transit time at KUL? Naturally, we're scheduled to arrive on the ninth, two days after the lounge is closed. We are DL Platinum, and have simply Centurian lounge passes if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat
See post #100. Or the MH website. It's all there.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:48 am

Where in the MH website? Definitely not under " experience/lounges" or news.

And #100 is ambiguous. Is the implication those on J paid tix can use any of those options?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
My thoughts too! I thought they just renovated not to long ago....
If they have enough money to have 3 sets of logos/aircraft liveries (original, new, A380 new) at the same time, maybe they also have enough money to refurbish lounge every year

Last year they 'enhanced away' self service champagne bar, will see what would happen this year...
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: QF, SQ, GA
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Where in the MH website? Definitely not under " experience/lounges" or news.

And #100 is ambiguous. Is the implication those on J paid tix can use any of those options?
Yes, that is indeed the implication.

I'm a little peeved that there is no alternative F lounge for me to use, but such is life. Guess I'm slumming it in the J lounge
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:45 am

Thanks Tachoz.
We've actually only ever been in the F lounge but this is a short layover for us.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
I'm in the satellite Golden lounge.... Unbelievably bad main meals and they have run out if scotch and gin. WIFI sucks Suggest if you have a business class boarding pass, use Cathay lounge, this is being run down before refurbishment and I think no restocking is happening. Very Third World lazy management plus Muslim country so the booze is hidden away from view and the nice bartender gets very embarrassed when you ask for something that's not been restocked...

They also ran out of all the non vegetarian main meals in J on the DEL KL sector ( I got my second choice but the chap across the aisle had no choice whatsoever) .

I'm going to have to reconcile to Cathay for my trips East when SQ is unaffordable in J in the future, if my next three flights show a similar pattern. Cathay has lousy booze in the Biz lounge but at least they don't run out of stuff on board or in the lounge. And their toilets and showers are hygienic ( and luxurious)

A Staff member just told me the reason for closing is something to do with plumbing, toilets, and hygiene if true, ewwww!

Last edited by rathin100; Oct 30, 2013 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:37 am
Suspended

The toilet in the lounge is disgusting!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by nov11
MH Golden Lounge (J side) will be closed 7 November - 8 December while the Platinum/F side will be closed 7 November - 1 January 2014. Not too sure what they can get done, but I doubt it's anything major (~4.5 weeks for J and 8 weeks for F).

Alternative lounge:
- CX Lounge at the Satellite Terminal (06:30 - 23:30)
- Malaysia Airport VIP Lounge (close to CX Lounge, 05:00 - 23:59)
- MAS Regional Lounge at the Main Terminal (24/7, but seriously need to brighten their lights at night).
When in KLIA yesterday the staff told me they close 1 November? Does anyone have an update

And with a MH Biz ticket, I can access the Cathay J lounge under oneworld rules, right? ( I can't find my bloody BA card and I'm switching to the Qatar FFP since I'm no longer sure how much flying I'm going to be doing with BA)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rathin100
When in KLIA yesterday the staff told me they close 1 November? Does anyone have an update

And with a MH Biz ticket, I can access the Cathay J lounge under oneworld rules, right? ( I can't find my bloody BA card and I'm switching to the Qatar FFP since I'm no longer sure how much flying I'm going to be doing with BA)
No update, but yes can access Cathay lounge under Oneworld rules (assuming it's not 3rd party).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.