Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by yuchung5
If I fly out of KUL in CX, which OW lounge is recommended for J?
Thanks
The MH J lounge in the Satellite Terminal
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Too much travel
The MH J lounge in the Satellite Terminal
The J Lounge Satellite Terminl is much nicer with better ambiance, and food than the F Lounge.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The J Lounge Satellite Terminl is much nicer with better ambiance, and food than the F Lounge.
This is something that they have to address. Almost all the OneWorld lounges have better F lounges than the J lounges. MH didn't think about it before they designed the lounge at the Satellite terminal, which essentially makes it like a huge TK/TG lounge with lots of offerings but it lacks the consistency and uniqueness of it. They can't do the the other way either by swapping the F lounge with J, because I believe they don't have enough F passengers or OneWorld Emeralds flying them yet.

Maybe they should make the F lounge much more exclusive by creating an exclusive menu so passengers can order whatever they want in the J lounge, but the waiters have to bring them the food. I was there yesterday, and I have been in F and J lounges. They did bring the food to me from the J lounge, but I think they need to do better job with that.

Apparently, their level of hospitality is there, but by looking at the design of the lounge, they need to improve especially the showers area. There's gap between the doors so technically you can see it through inside. Shower rooms do not have any chairs or anything. Housekeepers technically remove all the dirty towels, but that's it. The used shower rooms were all wet when I entered there. I am not saying they have to do exactly like BA/JL/CX or TG lounges do, but at least there's something they need to address in order to attract more F passengers to fly them.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, ALL Diamond
I will be arriving from BKK on LH flight at 6:15PM. I have a connecting flight on the next day with MH in business early in the morning. Will I be allowed to enter the Lounge the day before my MH flight ? Is the lounge good enough to stay overnight?

Thanks very much!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I arrived at 0345 from LAX on MH last week. Went to both Golden Lounge to find that it was closed. Was told at 0500 when I went back to "try my luck" that they close from 0300-0500. So I am guessing no. Also, honestly 6.15pm arrival will mean a quite long overnight. I would think its better to get a hotel.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Does anybody know if it is possible to go to the Business Class lounge if you arrive in Business but depart in Economy after? My routing is CDG-KUL in Business and KUL-SYD in Economy (both on MH). I know that for BA or SK if you arrive on a long haul business ticket you can enter the Business Class lounge even if your onward flight is in Y.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dfs24
I arrived at 0345 from LAX on MH last week. Went to both Golden Lounge to find that it was closed. Was told at 0500 when I went back to "try my luck" that they close from 0300-0500. So I am guessing no. Also, honestly 6.15pm arrival will mean a quite long overnight. I would think its better to get a hotel.
Thanks! are that the opening hours for the regional/domestic lounge in the main building ? My flight is leaving from the satellite building, I think the lounge there is open 24 hours. Actually I was considering getting a hotel, will probably do that.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by to25sw
Thanks! are that the opening hours for the regional/domestic lounge in the main building ? My flight is leaving from the satellite building, I think the lounge there is open 24 hours. Actually I was considering getting a hotel, will probably do that.
That was for the satellite terminal. I tried my luck at the regional lounge and was told it only opens at 0500. But when I walked past at 0510 it was still totally dark. Unsure what time the regional lounge closes but it opens at 0500 on paper.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by LAX888
Does anybody know if it is possible to go to the Business Class lounge if you arrive in Business but depart in Economy after? My routing is CDG-KUL in Business and KUL-SYD in Economy (both on MH). I know that for BA or SK if you arrive on a long haul business ticket you can enter the Business Class lounge even if your onward flight is in Y.
Never tried before, never heard of anyone trying before but I think your chances are low. Never hurts to ask, but I would have some back up plan if the transit is long. People have seen MH selling access in Jun for 50USD.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by LAX888

Pretty sure you will be allowed it with a business class arrival. I was surely allowed in before MH joined oneworld when transiting through KUL to KCH(on economy) from a previous business sector from LHR; I was however Enrich Silver then which doesn't give you access to the lounges. I was also asked to present my previous boarding pass stub, so make sure you have it at hand!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
does anyone know if you get kids in with you when travelling on a ba gold / one world emerald card
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Well, they do have a specific children's room in the satellite and LHR lounges, so I would assume that children are allowed in. Also, emerald gives you that +1 guest option.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by asheby
Well, they do have a specific children's room in the satellite and LHR lounges, so I would assume that children are allowed in. Also, emerald gives you that +1 guest option.
thank you yes, there is also my wife but experience in every single lounge except BA is children get in no problem, in fact the other firms go further and tell you they wouldn't split up families travelling together.

Shame on BA for their inflexibility on this point to be fair
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by drspear
does anyone know if you get kids in with you when travelling on a ba gold / one world emerald card
Last time I was in the KL lounge there was a little darling who seemed to believe that the entire lounge was her personal racing track, much to the delight of her adoring parents. So it would appear that getting kids in is no problem.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by asheby
Pretty sure you will be allowed it with a business class arrival. I was surely allowed in before MH joined oneworld when transiting through KUL to KCH(on economy) from a previous business sector from LHR; I was however Enrich Silver then which doesn't give you access to the lounges. I was also asked to present my previous boarding pass stub, so make sure you have it at hand!
I think this is a case of YMMV. Again pre-oneworld (last December) I came in from MEL in J, continuing on separate ticket in Y to RGN, and was not granted entry. I used priority pass instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.