Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by YULforever
Don't count on access to the KLIA lounge unless flying MAS or using status. I was denied entry while holdin a Cathay business international ticket. DESPITE showing them the one world access rules.
Does flying a Oneworld airline give you access to all Oneworld lounges, if you have no Oneworld status ?

Sorry I am a bit confused here
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by sjharte
What's the first class lounge like? I assume we emeralds gets access?
Nice-ish. Never really feels crowded. There's a quiet dining area on the left, seats over looking the tarmac on the right. Showers and quiet rooms at the back and a smoking room close to the toilets as well. There are worse places at KUL
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by mario33
Does flying a Oneworld airline give you access to all Oneworld lounges, if you have no Oneworld status ?

Sorry I am a bit confused here
Yes, has been discussed elsewhere a fair bit, but a oneworld business ticket should give you access to all oneworld business lounges. They briefly changed the wording on the OW site to exclude this, then removed that wording.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YULforever
Yes, has been discussed elsewhere a fair bit, but a oneworld business ticket should give you access to all oneworld business lounges. They briefly changed the wording on the OW site to exclude this, then removed that wording.
Ok learnt something new today, thanks
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
If arriving into KUL on an international MH flight and connecting onto a domestic MH flight, is it possible to use the main international Golden Lounge on my 3+hr connection - or will I be forced to use the domestic lounge (either due to immigration or MH policy)?

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Yes, you can use the int'l lounge. Or even both on the same itinerary. They do not care.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:55 pm

Hi
how is the MH 737-800 J product? I just found out that my KUL-MAA flight is a 737-800.
Having never flown on this before, just wanting to know what to expect even though its a short flight.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
If arriving into KUL on an international MH flight and connecting onto a domestic MH flight, is it possible to use the main international Golden Lounge on my 3+hr connection - or will I be forced to use the domestic lounge (either due to immigration or MH policy)?

-FlyerBeek
Originally Posted by bhomburg
Yes, you can use the int'l lounge. Or even both on the same itinerary. They do not care.
At some stage however, you'll need to clear CIQ before you get on the domestic flight. Whilst, the domestic A and B gates are physically the same as the international G and H gates, they are fed from different levels (international from above, domestic from below) - and traffic is not mixed, so CIQ clearance is necessary.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by hrs027
Hi
how is the MH 737-800 J product? I just found out that my KUL-MAA flight is a 737-800.
Having never flown on this before, just wanting to know what to expect even though its a short flight.
It's a decent recliner (seemed to be more legroom than a QF 73H), but a recliner nonetheless, so for your sake I hope you're not taking the overnight redeye.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:16 am

Question MH Lounge for KLIA Arrivals

I'm landing at KLIA from LHR in business class on Saturday, I then connect to an Air Asia flight 6 hours later.

Is it possible to use a Malaysia Airlines arrivals lounge for a shower etc before transferring to the low cost carrier terminal?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
According to mario33's post in this thread, and my own experience, yes.
Do you have Oneworld status?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Nice-ish. Never really feels crowded. There's a quiet dining area on the left, seats over looking the tarmac on the right. Showers and quiet rooms at the back and a smoking room close to the toilets as well. There are worse places at KUL
The dining area is now also overlooking tarmac. Very quiet lounge at least today 12.00 - 13.00. They have some alcoholic drinks if you know to ask (not mentioned in the menu) but unbelievably no JW blue, only black (which is good as well, but still...).

Only À la carte was available. Lamb was very good, but service was definitely not First class lounge level. Kind of clueless and indifferent.

Overall not very impressed. Not on par with CX or BA F-lounges. I'm wondering what this 5star thing means... Nevertheless, I enjoyed some drinks and time could have been spent in worse ways in KLIA. I was flying intl economy but no problems entering the lounge as BA emerald.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Just to add: The Platinum Lounge room is reserved exclusively for MH's own Enrich Platinum members.

While the F lounge is exclusive, it sometimes feels too quiet. I'd opt to pop over to the Business class lounge instead.

The F lounge is nice. But it's nowhere near the standards of CX, BA or QF. But MH has made improvements over the past few years. I'd say let them improve with time.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: QF Platinum, LH Senator
Sorry, just found the answer I needed
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
If I fly out of KUL in CX, which OW lounge is recommended for J?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.