Malaysia Airlines e-Ticketing faulty.....

Subscribe
To: Putriati & Tengku Zuraya....Please reply my mail or call me asap....stop ignoring your customer

On Saturday 14th November 2009, I managed to logon to Malaysia Airlines online booking system. i.e. https://book.malaysiaairlines.com. During the form filling session, I'm able to key in all the necessary information including Full name and others travel details for 3 travelers. Upon clicking submit, the MAS booking system automatically populates my default login account and overwrite whatever I have key-in previously in the form filling session for all 3 travelers. Im not able to change anything since Ive clicked submit and confirm the payment. So I did write an official email to the respective party to get approval for name changes which were due to the System auto populates error. The administrator allows me to have the names changed by paying RM65 penalty for each traveler. I was stunt as the error was caused by the system and they are charging me for the request. I did address my concern to the respective party and acknowledge them that I would like to get my travelers name change with paying any additional cost. In reply they mentioned Our online booking system is designed in such a way.. It is unfair to have the customer paying for penalty for the system error services provided by the online booking.

After getting few excuses email reply saying "Our system is designed in such a way....."

Now they avoiding my calls and not replying my mails....I wonder what kind of "Customer Relationship" they are building? Should have call it "Customer Disaster-ship" instead

My flight date is on Feb 14th 2010...i think this how MAS strategy to pretend nothing ...until the flight date is over....MAS is "smart" in handling customer .....

Hello, for your information, this is not my 1st time buying air tickets from internet....I do not have such problem with other airlines company please dont treat your customer like a noob.
I am sorry David.Chai for your experience. I concur that their staff seems incapable to understand problems. And when they can't understand problems, regrettably they are unable to solve anything.

Sadly that is the prevailing culture of how Malaysian companies that I dealt with deal with their customers. Putting people on hold, preventing people from speaking to their managers when things do not go well. Maybe they love to dwell in their security of 'hiding behind phones' and there is no need to face a disgruntled customer.

My current experience is that I wanted to do a one-way flight with stopover in KUL. As the flight was fully flexible and changes are FOC, I was advised by their staff to just book it online (as it will be cheaper), and then phone up to make the changes, and all I need in the end is to pay for the additional KUL tax.

Called their number on +60378433000, passed from department to department. Terrible thing is you can explain what you want to an agent, and when they say "hold on sir", you expect they are doing some computing work to get my request done. NO. They put you on hold, and then someone new picks up the phone, with no idea about my prior request, hence I had to re-explain.

It was not until my 6th 'transfer' that I got fed up and raised my voice slightly with the agent, informing her that I am not happy and I demand her that I am NOT to be put on hold and NOT to be passed around without my consent. This lady finally managed to get everything done (I hope), asked for my credit card details for the further KUL airport tax payment, and then said everything will be done in 48hours. Well maybe it's a bit too early yet, but more than 24hours have passed and my credit card balance has not dropped - means no pre-authorization has occured. I suspect I will have to call up again later. That is how low my confidence is of their service attitude that I am already pre-empting the outcome.

Buck up Malaysia Airlines! Everytime when I hear the 'Malaysia Airlines is voted the Best Cabin Crew for 4 consecutive years' on the 'on-hold' music, my reaction is "are you aware that your ground staff is your liability?"

My booking reference is L4F8Y if any helpful MAS souls will contact my number (which is recorded in the PNR) to solve my problem.
My Booking reference number (L4VZX)
Thanks for sharing your experience on this. Hope that MAS people can seriuosly look in to this matter. A disgrace to the country.....
Still no response from MAS crew....
This case has been opened more than a month....Why are MAS people keeps rejecting their customer calls, ignoring emails and totally no follow-up ...on the status....???

All experts out there please do advice me how should I proceed from here...? Thanks in advance
You'd definitely get faster action here than through MH's website or through their customer service department.. (does anyone really work there?)

Paging our resident FT member(s) : Malaysia Airlines to answer above queries!

You may send a PM Malaysia Airlines who is actually a collective of several individuals in various departments monitoring FlyerTalk for issues such as yours above and really getting problems solved asap!

Edited to add: Note to david.chai - Next time just book with a travel agent!
ThanksThanks
Thanks, already sent them a private message and email. Hope to hear from them soon. Thanks again
David.Chai,

I do hope that your issue will be solved soon. Have you visited a MAS office in person and demanding to see their manager?

Since your flight dates are relatively near, if your problem is still not resolved until say one week before it, I'd say change your names with them, paying the 3x MYR65 first. Then launch a court action. In Malaysia I know you can use the "Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna". Whilst I do hope it doesn't go that far, it is something you can think of.
Hi, chowinlondon
Quote: David.Chai,

I do hope that your issue will be solved soon. Have you visited a MAS office in person and demanding to see their manager?

Since your flight dates are relatively near, if your problem is still not resolved until say one week before it, I'd say change your names with them, paying the 3x MYR65 first. Then launch a court action. In Malaysia I know you can use the "Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna". Whilst I do hope it doesn't go that far, it is something you can think of.
Thanks for responding to my help. Finally I've managed to call them (Miss.Putriati - person who handling my case) minutes ago and she kept saying is not a system glitch and not responsible for that.....I've ask her to escalate the case and she said she did in DEC ( not sure how true is her statement) but until this morning she gives me the same old excuse "Our system is designed in such a way...." my goodness.....

Excuses given by her:
1. Our system is design in such a way
2. You are the only case happened that day
3. Is your responsible to book anything online
4. Confirmation page is there for you to check

I did request a report on the findings or perhaps put me in the email loop but she said is meant for internal communication only and keep rejecting in provides any report or data on the case.

I'm thinking how can an internation Airline company like MAS not having a exception handling mechanism when duplicated data is store. Do they really think the consumer have nothing better to do than key-in the same data again 3 times?

And again do they really take the effort to look into their online system glitch instead of pointing fingers on the consumer?? What are the preventive measurement taken for other customer to improve the system??

My online booking error screen below:

http://www.mypicx.com/01272010/Flight_Details/

Note: This is not my first time booking MAS via online (I do not have such problem previously) and "David Chai" is not even my fullname, just a login name.

chowinlondon, definitely i'll take your advice into consideration (pay them to have the names changed and bring it to the court) if they continues to do nothing about it. I do not want my Chinese New Year ruin by this idiotic system.

Thanks again chowinlondon.
Dear Guy,

Thanks for your continued faith in us! Rest assured that we're looking into this.

David, chowinlondon,

We are truly sorry for this level of inconvenience. While it may be a systems error, it's essential that we rectify this to avoid similar incidences for other customers - for this, we are grateful for your feedback. Please allow me some time to bring this matter up to the Heads of Department and I will personally see to it that we address your cases soonest.

Please let us win back your confidence. Thank you.

Regards,
Tan Wai Fong,
Head, Media Relations
Malaysia Airlines
Thanks Mr.Tan
Quote: Dear Guy,

Thanks for your continued faith in us! Rest assured that we're looking into this.

David, chowinlondon,

We are truly sorry for this level of inconvenience. While it may be a systems error, it's essential that we rectify this to avoid similar incidences for other customers - for this, we are grateful for your feedback. Please allow me some time to bring this matter up to the Heads of Department and I will personally see to it that we address your cases soonest.

Regards,
Tan Wai Fong,
Head, Media Relations
Malaysia Airlines
Please do expedite the work as my travel date is drwaing near. Thanks again
It is true! The response in f.talk is faster than official channel, although I hope it is not just lip service to 'win back confidence' of a very upset customer! I don' t know why it has to degenerate to this level of customer service....
Quote: Dear Guy,

David, chowinlondon,

Regards,
Tan Wai Fong,
Head, Media Relations
Malaysia Airlines
Thanks for this. Please be aware that it is now already pass the promised time (>48h) that the call centre staff mentioned to have my new itinerary reissued. You may think why worry now as flights are still some time away - remember that people need to make plans for their holidays, and some excursion trips for example have payment deadlines. For your information, it is not the first time dealing with Malaysia Airlines KL Office - this, with further information from my colleagues does not augur well with me, which is why I escalated this matter really early on.

Surely in a good corporate environment things should move quickly on its own, without the need of intervention from head of departments?

I look forward to hearing from you quickly.
As an occasional MH passenger, I'm indeed astounded at some of the complaint emails posted in FT over the last few months. Try googling "Malaysia Airlines customer service" and you'll see more on other sites.

While it's quite commendable that Malaysia Airlines has been lurking and helping with resolution of customer issues, it's truly a sorry state of affairs for MH's customer service. That it's failed in its job so badly and treated its customers so poorly is quite shocking. If customer service isn't living up to its namesake and basic standards (through its poorly trained and obstinate staff who often lack intelligence, empowerment and initiative) then something needs to be done at the highest of management levels.

Sorrier still that MH customers have to go to a public forum like this one (and, in doing so, air more of MH's dirty laundry for all to see) in order to have any faint hope of proper attention and resolution.

Sigh.
I just received a new e-ticket from Malaysia Airlines, with no changes being made. This is extremely shocking and distressing.

So it seems all my instructions to them has not been done.

Malaysia Airlines should be embarassed with what they are doing.
Quote: I just received a new e-ticket from Malaysia Airlines, with no changes being made. This is extremely shocking and distressing.

So it seems all my instructions to them has not been done.

Malaysia Airlines should be embarassed with what they are doing.
Wow, well....that is still better than mine.... I'm yet to receive any official report ticket for my case.