Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Phuket Banyan Tree Double Pool Villa or Amanpuri Pavillon 103?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket Banyan Tree Double Pool Villa or Amanpuri Pavillon 103?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Ruben5b
Did anyone tried both?
I have reservations for December 10-16 in both but I am not sure since I read here that BT is much less exclusive and that Amanpuri is one of the best hotel in the world...
Also, is it the right time to go to Phuket to enjoy the beach/sun/hotel/spa?
Thanks
Yes, I have tried both, but I much prefer the ocean-view pool villas at Trisara.

Do not stay at Banyan Tree - it is of a much lower quality than Amanpuri or Trisara.

#103 at Amanpuri can be a little noisy as it right by the water. It is also quite a small pavilion compared to what is on offer these days, but it has been refurbished, so new shower, slightly larger bathroom etc.

December is a nice time for Phuket. The spa at Amanpuri is much better than the one at Banyan Tree, but the spa at Trisara is also excellent. I doubt, though, if you would get into Trisara in December, but it is worth trying.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
I put service and beach before the size of the room... Should I still go for trisara instead of Amanpuri?? I held a ocean front villa at Trisra and the 103 at Amanpuri for now. I heard the beach at trisara is not so great...
Old Sep 25, 2009, 8:10 am

The beach at Amanpuri is picture perfect but unlike Trisara not completely private. You will share it with Amanpuri's sister hotel The Chedi.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Ruben5b
I put service and beach before the size of the room... Should I still go for trisara instead of Amanpuri?? I held a ocean front villa at Trisra and the 103 at Amanpuri for now. I heard the beach at trisara is not so great...
Service is Trisara is exemplary and a lot less formal than Amanpuri. An ocean front villa at Trisara cannot be bettered.

Swimming directly off the beach at Trisara can, at certain times of the year, be difficult - but at those times they erect a floating jetty into the sea from which you can swim. This works very well. The beach is long, snaking and very private.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Revolution
The beach at Amanpuri is picture perfect but unlike Trisara not completely private. You will share it with Amanpuri's sister hotel The Chedi.
Amanpuri no longer has any siblings on Pansea Beach :

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news09...diPhuket.shtml

The Chedi is no longer managed by GHM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:54 am

Chedi Phuket takeover

Originally Posted by paul2
Amanpuri no longer has any siblings on Pansea Beach :

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news09...diPhuket.shtml

The Chedi is no longer managed by GHM.
Apparently, YTL, who have Pangkor Laut etc, are taking over management of The Chedi Phuket. They have a new CEO, James McBride. They take over in spring 2010 and are planning a major upgrade. The resort will then re-open late 2010 with a new name, yet to be decided.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Apparently, YTL, who have Pangkor Laut etc, are taking over management of The Chedi Phuket. They have a new CEO, James McBride. They take over in spring 2010 and are planning a major upgrade. The resort will then re-open late 2010 with a new name, yet to be decided.
I'm not sure YTL is a good thing or a bad thing. Pangkor laut has its good (the estates) and not so good (the rest of the island)
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by paul2
I'm not sure YTL is a good thing or a bad thing. Pangkor laut has its good (the estates) and not so good (the rest of the island)
Generally I would say it was a bad thing, but then the Chedi Phuket was never a great resort, so little has been lost.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I liked the double pool villas at Banyan Tree quite a bit more than the Amanpuri, which I thought was a bit dated... The double pool villas felt like a completely different hotel than the regular villas/rooms... I could have stayed in the villa all day and not go anywhere...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.