Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury hotel reviews in London

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
@ TRAVELSIG: You found one of the favourite Forum-hotels
I also still like One Aldwych which puts me at considerable disfavour with some OPs in this forum- however it has remained very good for my needs and close to where I need to be for meetings in London [walking distance] so I keep staying there

I do agree with most posters here that the Four Seasons has done a very good job in their transition and I do think it is one of the top Four Seasons around- it is just the Park Lane area which I find neither convenient for work nor particularly interesting and also some distance from where the majority of my friends and colleagues tend to live.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I also still like One Aldwych which puts me at considerable disfavour with some OPs in this forum- however it has remained very good for my needs and close to where I need to be for meetings in London [walking distance] so I keep staying there

Not I my friend. I had a lovely stay at Aldwych last fall.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
So, belatedly, my latest visit to Browns. Just a quick trip, got my little brother a trip to see the Chelsea - Galatasaray match for his Christmas present this year.

Got a fantastic rate via DavidO who procured for us Virtuoso Amenities, upgrade at booking, all on top of Winter Offer. Ended booked into a Jr Suite, one of the better ones I have had actually.

Never mind the rollaway, had a late addition.

Space wise we had a great setup.

Hallway

And facing back towards bedroom, w/ work space

Very well appointed and aesthetically pleasing closet off hallway

Bathroom entrance, shower, vanity

Concierge team was fantastic as always, and love the small feel of the Donovan Bar for a whisky night cap. Breakfast in HIX (included w/ Virtuoso) very good as usual, with me opting for the continental every day since is had such a fantastic variety I didn't feel the need to load up on the hot menu.

Staff was excellent as always, very cheerful with every operation.

Sorry for brevity, but I have a bit on at the moment, just wanted to bang out a little bit for the group!
Thanks for the report and the photos, I'm glad you had yet another wonderful stay. ^

How was the rain shower water pressure?
Looks very inviting indeed this bathroom set-up.

Last edited by uggboy; Mar 25, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

one aldwych remains consistent here

Originally Posted by hedur
free night through FHR
via FS preferred partner travel agent >
http://www.fourseasons.com/london/of...rd_night_free/
http://www.fourseasons.com/london/of...eekend_escape/

http://www.fourseasons.com/canarywha...te_experience/
http://www.fourseasons.com/canarywha...rd_night_free/

Originally Posted by DavidO
Dorchester Collection "Diamond Club" credit — a daily 100Ł hotel credit
Originally Posted by DavidO
Must be booked at the Best Available Rate (as opposed to promotional rates)
some prior dress code discussion (click arrow button next to my name) >

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
sounds like savoy might have been requiring more than was published

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by uggboy

How was the rain shower water pressure?
Looks very inviting indeed this bathroom set-up.
Holy cow. It almost knocked me over it was so strong! I learned to just crack the handle about 1/4" to get the right pressure.

I was very pleased with the bathroom here, tons of room. Most of the ones I have had at Browns have been very spacious, but this one had a great layout and the tile colors were much warmer than the gray they have in some of the others.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Holy cow. It almost knocked me over it was so strong! I learned to just crack the handle about 1/4" to get the right pressure.

I was very pleased with the bathroom here, tons of room. Most of the ones I have had at Browns have been very spacious, but this one had a great layout and the tile colors were much warmer than the gray they have in some of the others.
Sounds great, thanks for sharing your experiences with us. ^
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:07 pm

Are you trying to see a specific match, or just go to a game? Even hospitality tickets will be long sold out by this time for a big match this weekend. But if you aren't picky it shouldn't be an issue, though I'd not really think you'd go to a concierge for this, just go to viagogo.com or a team website, these are the only legitimate EPL resellers. Prepare to spend copious money as well if it's a big draw, my Chelsea - Galastaray tickets last Tues were over 600 dollars each since Drogba was back at the Bridge.

-Actually, The Spurs allow reales on Stub Hub. We were able to secure our tickets and pick them up at White Hart Lane before the game. Really easy.

-We are fans of the Corinthia. Many of the comments are accurate - it is not above and beyond service or particularly personal - but it has been more than adequate for us. The rooms are fresh and comfortable, with fresh a word that doesn't apply to some of the top London hotels. As well, our corner suite (River Suite) had the best view we have ever had in London.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just to bring it down to the ground a bit here...I've stayed at most all these hotels many times over the last 20 years and the one thing I can say is...truly, if you are staying at one of these hotels you really don't have much to complain about. You shall enjoy your trip to London. Don't stress about the choice.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mickidon
-Actually, The Spurs allow reales on Stub Hub. We were able to secure our tickets and pick them up at White Hart Lane before the game. Really easy.
Ah, nice to have another avenue. Hope the other teams get on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.