Reload this Page >

North Island in Seychelles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

North Island in Seychelles?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011, 3:46 am

I have read three entirely conflicting reports about the location of the Royal Honeymoon - Soneva Kiri, Maldives, Desroches Seychelles and now North Island Seychelles. Could it be that the media is just making it up as it goes along? Surely not.
Old May 11, 2011, 5:41 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I have read three entirely conflicting reports about the location of the Royal Honeymoon - Soneva Kiri, Maldives, Desroches Seychelles and now North Island Seychelles. Could it be that the media is just making it up as it goes along? Surely not.
All based on the fact that Kate bought a few bikinis the week before the wedding.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:19 am

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to do this in, but I wanted to see if anyone had recently been to North Island and what their thoughts were. We were looking to go next year in April for 7 nights. Even with stay 7, pay for 6, it's not what anyone would call a bargain, so I was hoping to get some FT's members views around whether it's worth it.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
it's not what anyone would call a bargain
Surely not! I never read a report here before
Old May 27, 2015, 4:37 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

We're heading to Fregate shortly and I could not find much information from members here.

We thought about North but went with a less expensive option. My impression is that the activities are more inclusive at North and the wine selection much better. The Fregate wine options appear to be very limited and of a low quality, especially compared to Maia where there are nearly 20 mid-tier wines to choose from, including things like Veuve at $40 a pop.

Regardless, Fregate will be the nicest (and most expensive) place we've stayed to date and I sure it will be awesome. And if it isn't, I'll convince myself it was.

One thing that kinda irked me about North was that all of their excursions had the exact same price (3500 euro).

A sweet spot with either place is if you have 1-2 young children, to get the AI and extra space. Both seemed like bargains compared to renting a house at the Four Seasons.

Last edited by DSI; May 27, 2015 at 4:57 am
Old May 27, 2015, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
We're heading to Fregate shortly and I could not find any information from members here.

We thought about North but went with a less expensive option. My impression is that the activities are more inclusive at North and the wine selection much better. The Fregate wine options appear to be very limited and of a low quality, especially compared to Maia where there are nearly 20 mid-tier wines to choose from, including things like Veuve at $40 a pop.

Regardless, Fregate will be the nicest (and most expensive) place we've stayed to date and I sure it will be awesome. And if it isn't, I'll convince myself it was.

One thing that kinda irked me about North was that all of their excursions had the exact same price (3500 euro).

A sweet spot with either place is if you have 1-2 young children, to get the AI and extra space. Both seemed like bargains compared to renting a house at the Four Seasons.
I don't think Fregate is as good as some people say. It plays host to some of the largest insects (millipedes) ever encountered. Food, too, is not at all good.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:59 am
DSI

From the pictures I've seen/location of the island the Six Senses may be the best.

Hopefully Fregate can do a decent job with the local seafood. I'll bring along some ceviche recipes if they can't.

But nothing is worse than the food at Le Tahaa. I'd take a Marriot buffet any day over boiled tuna.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
We're heading to Fregate shortly and I could not find any information from members here.

Sounds like my approach to North Island. It will be good, regardless.

I met a couple in Huvafen Fushi last year who were on their way to Fragate + Four Seasons and they thought the world of it. Their only criticism was that it did appear a bit tired in some places. Might just be part of the rustic charm though. Have a great time though - thinking of writing up a trip report for it?
Old May 27, 2015, 5:06 am
DSI

I feel like I really owe the community a TR + I think it's a good way for me to reflect on the trip. We were the first ones to Maalifushi (but a great report just came along) and I never wrote anything, and other places that we've been to like Le Taha'a, FS Golden Triangle, Inkaterra, really deserve write-ups in the forum. We've all seen the wonderful Aman reports and now know they are wonderful.

I personally like rustic charm. We've already got a house full of Ethan Allen furniture, so I'm not a huge Four Seasons fan--I like something a little different.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

north - discounting/including children this year depending on age
fregate and brando - have added low seasons
* fregate entry rate now €3K - huge drop *

low € means good time for non-€ earners to go

even 'mini-reports' can be good for new properties, or properties like these
laucala is only one with full trip report here, at least one other here has been

- north island 500 acres 11 villas (they all have children's BR)
includes diving/courses, half day fishing trips, sunset cruises

- fregate island 300 acres 22 villas (villas accommodate children)

- laucala island fiji 3000 acres 25 villas
includes one spa day, inner reef diving (not courses), sailing, jet boat, jetski
seems they also have underwater scooters, also included

- brando tetiaroa atoll near bora bora 35 villas plus future residential villas
includes one excursion per day and one spa treatment per day

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 27, 2015 at 11:56 am
Old May 27, 2015, 11:44 am

I would avoid Frégate. Food is a huge disappointment.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Old May 28, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I don't think Fregate is as good as some people say. It plays host to some of the largest insects (millipedes) ever encountered. Food, too, is not at all good.
I am interested in hearing more about the millipedes encounter.....
Old May 28, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by instyleprincess
I am interested in hearing more about the millipedes encounter.....
Are there centipedes? Millipedes are harmless to humans as far as I know.

It's a shame to hear that food is bad at Fregate. I hope that this will be improved under Oetker ownership.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:49 am

Seychelles giant millipedes. Totally harmless. They seem to be falling out of the sky at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.