Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton hires two Starwood "W" execs to bolster Hilton's luxury sector

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:46 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hilton hires two Starwood "W" execs to bolster Hilton's luxury sector

Interesting concept except that I don't view "W" hotels as luxury, in fact I have successfully avoided "W" hotels entirely ever since I checked one out in Manhattan some years back.

Tiny rooms with a lot of throw pillows, arrogant doormen wearing black turtlenecks, and a "happening bar" are not the hallmarks of a luxury hotel to me!

The article is in today's Wall St. Journal. It begins, "As part of an ambitious plan to nearly double its luxury properties in the next year and create an upscale boutique hotel brand, Hilton Hotels Corp. has hired two luxury gurus away from competitor Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide."

Maybe I just don't understand luxury after all....
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article32868.html

interesting klein was in charge of luxury collection and st regis as well, when he was with starwood..

everyone is getting into the "boutique hotel" business
marriott & ian schrager - edition
rezidor SAS & missoni - hotel missoni
virgin - ?

im more interested in the upcoming SLS and the expansion of soho house, but not for luxury..

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 2, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.