Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Prague: Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons

Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
They included breakfast in the rate......
Ahh.. I knew I missed something. Thanks!

FDW
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:37 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Any idea if the FS has nespresso machines in the Renaissance rooms? I love my coffee...

thanks
FDW
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Bumping this topic to hopefully get some recent experience and advice.

I have a stay booked at the FS Prague, 3 for 2 in a Renaissance room, rate is a FSPP booking so includes breakfast, wifi, $100 f&b for the stay for a total of 1370 EUR. Was happy and looking forward to the stay until...
Along comes the Mandarin Oriental Prague, 3 for 2 in a Deluxe Garden room, breakfast, wifi included, but no f&b or spa credit, total of 931 EUR.

If it was just down to cost, the choice seems obvious, however, I want a great stay in a great hotel as it's our first time in Prague. Non-smoking is also a priority, and though both these properties claim they are non-smoking, there are smoking rooms available in the MO, for example. Minimally, I would really prefer non-smoking in all bars, restaurants, and public areas of the hotel.

Have heard the MO is in a quieter, more historically-rich side of town, near to the castle. I've also confirmed with the MO that the bar and restaurant renovations will be complete prior to my arrival. That being said, the FS is the FS.

I have both booked for my dates but can easily cancel one or the other. Any help or even a vote is very much appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:14 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

I opted for the FS. I faced a similar dilemma though it was for a suite at the MO vs the Renaissance room at the FS. Once we got to the FS we were able to further upgrade to a duplex suite for 100 euro a night. I really liked the FS. Close to all the craziness of Prague but a world apart. Great views of the river and the castle. The MO is in a quiet area; which has its pluses and minuses. We found we liked the location of the FS a lot. We also liked the meal we had at CRudo. In contrast we went to the MO for lunch one day which we found disappointing. I wouldn't hesitate to return to the FS in the future. I do highly recommend the food tour in Prague. I can't quite remember the name right now but LM225 can probably fill in more details.
Fdw
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:44 pm

To close the loop, I ended up canceling the FS and booking at the MO. The Virtuoso rate was better than what I had gotten through the hotel directly, and I was able to lock in a 3 for 2 special as well. Despite loving a great deal, cost was secondary in this case; what interested me most is that the MO is a converted monastery (ca. 14th century, I believe) and I like the thought of being on a quiet, cobbled street in Lesser Town (as you may have guessed, history is important to me). All that, and it's still a 5* hotel ^. Many thanks for the input.

Last edited by LR2013; Mar 19, 2015 at 8:41 pm
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LR2013
it's still a 5* hotel
and not the worst one
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:29 pm

Be careful, MO's main dining room seems to be closed for renovations. Website says it will re-open this month.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Revolution
Be careful, MO's main dining room seems to be closed for renovations. Website says it will re-open this month.
Thanks for the heads up. I reached out to the hotel directly and was assured all renovations will be done by March 30. Hoping the re-opened bar will be non-smoking. Unfortunately (for me at least), I am reading that most restaurants and bars in Prague allow smoking.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Thanks for the heads up. I reached out to the hotel directly and was assured all renovations will be done by March 30. Hoping the re-opened bar will be non-smoking. Unfortunately (for me at least), I am reading that most restaurants and bars in Prague allow smoking.
Missed staying a couple of years ago .
Hope more non smoking too , please let us know how you liked it ( non smoking status too at MO & elsewhere ) . Thanks
Enjoy your visit .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Mar 19, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:41 pm

^
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Missed staying a couple of years ago .
Hope more non smoking too , please let us know how you liked it ( non smoking status too at MO & elsewhere ) . Thanks
Enjoy your visit .
Will be sure to report back on our experience, and will try to figure out how to post pics as well.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:34 am

Hi! I will be travelling to Prague in September! And I have the same problem, have you decided yet??
Old Nov 29, 2020, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Any recent stays at the Four Seasons Prague?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.